Windows 10: Win + D won't return to desktop

Discus and support Win + D won't return to desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello folks and folkettes! Quick question: whenever I open up a game (in this case Dota 2) and I wish to return to the desktop, by either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gonsa17, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Win + D won't return to desktop

Win + D won't return to desktop S-bjqQyS9l_4vb92bHb-ibf5ni2tTg4SK6i9NcbL4Jk.jpg

Hello folks and folkettes!

Quick question: whenever I open up a game (in this case Dota 2) and I wish to return to the desktop, by either pressing either CTRL+ESC or WIN+D or even ALT+TAB, the only thing that comes on top is the taskbar. Even if I click on Aero Peek, it doesn't go back to the desktop.

If I don't have any other program open, I can't return to it. The image I have added to the post shows what happens when I press either one of those buttons.

This happened after I connected a second monitor to my laptop to try something out, and ever since that I can't really return to desktop.

A little help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

https://preview.redd.it/y7mlg0w34rp...bp&s=51f6f813054060eafb858d83496c4cfd5a4eb681

submitted by /u/Gonsa17
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gonsa17, Sep 27, 2020
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Win + D won't return to desktop [​IMG]

3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Win + D won't return to desktop [​IMG]

4. tops Win User

Win + D won't return to desktop

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Win + D won't return to desktop

1. Win + D won't return to desktop - Similar Threads - won't return desktop

2. OneDrive Desktop won't install Win 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Desktop won't install Win 7?: Win 7: OneDrive Desktop cannot install. 'No KERNEL32 entry point' GDrive, MegaSync, Dropbox Desktop Apps have no issue installing. System32 has kernel32.dll in it.The problem is with OneDrive Desktop. Needs fixing for Win 7 use....
  3. OneDrive Desktop won't install Win 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Desktop won't install Win 7?: Win 7: OneDrive Desktop cannot install. 'No KERNEL32 entry point' GDrive, MegaSync, Dropbox Desktop Apps have no issue installing. System32 has kernel32.dll in it.The problem is with OneDrive Desktop. Needs fixing for Win 7 use....
  4. Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.: A shortcut to Microsoft edge appeared on my desktop a few days ago, so I deleted it because I already have Edge in my taskbar, the thing is the Edge shortcut has come back and keeps coming back after deleting is there a way to permanently remove the shortcut? I don't want it...
  5. Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.: A shortcut to Microsoft edge appeared on my desktop a few days ago, so I deleted it because I already have Edge in my taskbar, the thing is the Edge shortcut has come back and keeps coming back after deleting is there a way to permanently remove the shortcut? I don't want it...
  6. Win 10 Stuck-- Won't Install & No Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Stuck-- Won't Install & No Desktop: My Win 10 began acting strange on my main drive. The drive began to show BSOD with a message about how "we will stop your system, we are just collecting data, but will restart the computer." Problem was the system stopped and did not restart unless I restarted at which point...
  7. DISABLE MULTIPLE DESKTOP SHOURTCUT WIN + CTRL + D

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DISABLE MULTIPLE DESKTOP SHOURTCUT WIN + CTRL + D: I already tried EVERYTHING, added a few things on regedit like some links told to do, reboot and NOTHING. I'm trying to play a game and EVERYTIME this new goddamn desktop pop-up, great addition to Windows 10, very usefull tool, mostly when the shortcut buttons are so near of...
  8. returning to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    returning to desktop: I am running Windows 10. When it was installed, I vaguely remember something about a "great" new feature, whereby moving the mouse/cursor to the far right would return you to the desktop. I hate this feature, but don't know how to turn it off. Frequently, when working in...
  9. How to Return to Traditional Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Return to Traditional Desktop: I went through all the settings last night, making changes as desired, and somehow managed to screw up my desktop. Instead of seeing my icons on the background and in the taskbar, I have a bunch of start menu tiles covering the screen. I know it's probably a simple matter to...
  10. Win+D causes all desktop icons to flash

in Windows 10 Support
    Win+D causes all desktop icons to flash: I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 and there's a minor annoyance of desktop icons flashing / blinking whenever I press Windows+D (and I use this shortcut a lot). Looks the same as if pressing F5 or right click -> Refresh. It seems this issue goes away if I fiddle with...