Windows 10: Win Defender performance and gaming rigs

Discus and support Win Defender performance and gaming rigs in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I have been doing some benchmarks while playing Grim Dawn (I know this game is famous for hating hyperthreading) and found out that General... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by eLPuSHeR, Nov 20, 2018.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Win Defender performance and gaming rigs

Hello.

I have been doing some benchmarks while playing Grim Dawn (I know this game is famous for hating hyperthreading) and found out that General performance (for cpu, disk, etc) with Windows Defender (w10 v1809 17763.134) is 10% slower when compared to AVAST for instance.

I did some benchmarks with User Benchmark and also playing Grim Dawn. PC is snappier without WD. It's noticeable even without running anything to measure.

I love WD but on some PCs it's very I/O bound for some reason.

What do you think?

:)

eLPuSHeR, Nov 20, 2018
  2. mlee49 Win User

Game suggestion based on VR defender

So I love VR Defender Y3K and I thought I might like a massive scale game but I dont know where to start. So have a look at the game I'm talking about and suggest what game on PC I might like best:

VR Defender Y3K | 1000+ Free Flash Games | Andkon Arcade

Thanks for the suggestions! *Toast :toast:

mlee49, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Angela Pun, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Win Defender performance and gaming rigs

windows 10 microsoft games

if uninstall the game then reinstall the game will I lose all my awards?

rusty wheelchar, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Win Defender performance and gaming rigs

1. Win Defender performance and gaming rigs - Similar Threads - Defender performance gaming

2. Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance: [ATTACH] Hi, recently my brother wanted his laptop to be upgraded to windows 10 because a lot of apps didn't support windows 8. Couple of minutes later he told me that a game (Roblox) was running on low fps (1-5 fps). He said It wasn't like this on windows 8. I've made...
  3. Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance: Hi, recently my brother wanted his laptop to be upgraded to windows 10 because a lot of apps didn't support windows 8. Couple of minutes later he told me that a game Roblox was running on low fps 1-5 fps. He said It wasn't like this on windows 8. I've made sure all drivers...
  4. Are you buying me a new gaming rig???

Are you buying me a new gaming rig???: So now my computer wont even let me to my bios screen, it had an error from your store and i restarted, it loaded windows, then i went into a game, it crashed, restart and now i cannot even access my bio. There were all sorts of error since your 2004 update. My computer I am...
  5. Send gaming rig to microsoft to fix game isseus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send gaming rig to microsoft to fix game isseus: my name is Marius Ottesen Høllesli hi i want Send gaming rig to microsoft to fix game isseus i had problems installing steam and gaming rage 2 and all sort copys i buy online recently and want a cmos check of my chips or something like that i will send it from norway...
  6. win 10, built rig, bt gaming controller suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10, built rig, bt gaming controller suggestions: my system is an amd ryzen 5 cpu with an asus mobo, nothing fancy nor exceptionally powerful, but its not an inspiron either lol just wanting to be able to connect a ps3 or ps4 controller to it to play some emulators or something to kill time. I tried a scp toolkit, but it...
  7. gaming performance low on win 10 home

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    gaming performance low on win 10 home: ok so when I start battlefield 3 then minimise it and open task view this searchui.exe pops up don't know why and it takes cpu and I lag in game my fps drops what to do please help 127733
  8. low gaming performance win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    low gaming performance win 10: I made a post earlier but no help now in game I click task manager and searchui.exe pops up suddenly it drops my frames in game and lags I disabled cortana but again this thing showed up again plz help...
  9. low gaming performance win 10

low gaming performance win 10: ok so I created a post before for this but no help here is the screenshot of cpu usage while in game these svchosts take cpu as well in game why so [ATTACH]...
  10. Games performance after Win updates.

Games performance after Win updates.: Hey, This problem started to appear for me after the creators updates a few month ago. Any game that I used to run on windowed or borderless windowed mode started to have this sort of flickering that you`ll see in the images. The only fix that I`ve then was to use...