Windows 10: Win Errx 0017

Discus and support Win Errx 0017 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I purchased an HP laptop 2 days ago from a Walmart near my home. It came pre-loaded with Windows 10, McAfee, and something called ‘reimage PC Repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Don B#, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Don B# Win User

Win Errx 0017

I purchased an HP laptop 2 days ago from a Walmart near my home. It came pre-loaded with Windows 10, McAfee, and something called ‘reimage PC Repair Online.’ Since getting up and running I have twice experienced a “screeching” tone and a warning box from ‘reimage’ indicating that the Windows 10 operating system has a Win Errx 0017 error code. The ‘reimage’ app says it needs to run a ‘limited’ system check to determine the issue. It finds 8 Third Party Applications issues: 1 Com issue, 2 Microsoft Office 16 issues, 1 Vss issue and 1 Winstore.app.exe issue. ‘reimage PC Repair Online wants to start the repair but is asking for a License Key. What is a License Key? First is this ‘reimage’ app legitimate? What is Win Errx 0017 error code and why would I be getting it two days into using this new laptop? The limited paperwork that came in the HP laptop box seems to indicate the unit was manufactured on 7/12/2019. The ‘reimage’ app also says for a ‘complete’ system check I need to purchase one of several service packages. Have I already been hacked two days into owning this laptop?

:)

Don B#, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 1, 2020
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Win Errx 0017

How to disable Win+L in Windows 10?

As far as I know, there is no mean to disable only one Win+X keyboard shortcut.

What I can suggest is to disable completely Win+X hotkeys:

1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
    2. Now go to following key:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD NoWinKeys and set its value to 1

Win Errx 0017 grKk3.png

1. Close Registry Editor and restart your system. After reboot, all Win+X hotkeys will be turned off in your system.

To re-enable them, delete the DWORD NoWinKeys created in step 3.

Sébastien VALSEMEY, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Win Errx 0017

1. Win Errx 0017 - Similar Threads - Errx 0017

2. how do i get rid of this windows scam screen Win err 0017 I click it off but comes back again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i get rid of this windows scam screen Win err 0017 I click it off but comes back again: I have a windows error err0017 and I know its a scam but I it keeps coming back I have adblocker on my computer what else can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this-windows-scam-screen-win/ae57e69b-3220-489a-b5b2-df25c0bab0f2
  3. Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=0017) on Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) Lenovo X1 Carbon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=0017) on Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) Lenovo X1 Carbon: Hi, Am not able to use fingerprint scanner to sign-in to my laptop. After researching on various support groups, discussions and forums have tried to update the driver but says 'The best drivers for your device are already installed'. Under Device Manager, under 'Biometric...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win errx 0017

2. error #0017

3. get errx0005

4. Win Errx,
  5. what is windows error 0017