Windows 10: win.explorer and other open windows change size when exiting fullscreen applications,and I...

Discus and support win.explorer and other open windows change size when exiting fullscreen applications,and I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. When I close apps running in fullscreen-mode (youtube,most games...),all other open applications change their size and move to the upper left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ddmeltzer8, Aug 24, 2018.

1. win.explorer and other open windows change size when exiting fullscreen applications,and I...

Hi.

When I close apps running in fullscreen-mode (youtube,most games...),all other open applications change their size and move to the upper left corner of the screen.

It doesnt always happen but usually when running fullscreen apps in a different resolution than the native 1440p.But sometimes even then.

I would really appreciate if I could mitigate this in some way.I dont think it was as bad before.

Thanks.

:)

ddmeltzer8, Aug 24, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default?

Right click the application shortcut, select Properties. Select the Shortcut tab and choose how you want to open the application:

win.explorer and other open windows change size when exiting fullscreen applications,and I... [​IMG]

• Normal window = Opens the application window in same size it was when last time closed, full screen only if the application was last closed when full screen
    • Minimized = Opens the application but minimizes it to taskbar without showing the application window on desktop
    • Maximized = Opens the application window always maximized, regardless if it was windowed or full screen when last time closed

3. mrsclapp3 Win User
    Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default?

Kari - Do you have to do that for every shortcut? I did it and most of my windows still aren't opening as Maximized... *Sad

mrsclapp3, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

win.explorer and other open windows change size when exiting fullscreen applications,and I...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

win.explorer and other open windows change size when exiting fullscreen applications,and I...

1. win.explorer and other open windows change size when exiting fullscreen applications,and I... - Similar Threads - explorer open change

2. How to fix File Explorer opening when exiting Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix File Explorer opening when exiting Fullscreen: Whenever I F11 any app File Explorer just opens. I already tried updating my GPU drivers from GeForce experience and using DISM and sfc. It's really annoying as I frequently press F11....
  3. How to fix File Explorer opening when exiting Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix File Explorer opening when exiting Fullscreen: Whenever I F11 any app File Explorer just opens. I already tried updating my GPU drivers from GeForce experience and using DISM and sfc. It's really annoying as I frequently press F11....
  4. Explorer Apps Pops up when exiting from A Fullscreen Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer Apps Pops up when exiting from A Fullscreen Application: Hello, I am using windows 10 ,and while I am Playing Fortnite or any Fullscreen Games or Application when I exit the fullscreen mode it just opens File explorer for No reason I am currently running windows 10 21h2 I updated to 21h2 about 2 weeks ago and got cumulative update...
  5. Explorer Apps Pops up when exiting from A Fullscreen Application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Apps Pops up when exiting from A Fullscreen Application: Hello, I am using windows 10 ,and while I am Playing Fortnite or any Fullscreen Games or Application when I exit the fullscreen mode it just opens File explorer for No reason I am currently running windows 10 21h2 I updated to 21h2 about 2 weeks ago and got cumulative update...
  6. Cant open applications in fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant open applications in fullscreen: Hello,Everytime I use an application that is in fullscreen on my PC, it opens it, switches to it, but then it tabs out of the application automatically. This has been going on for a few weeks now.Would appreciate some insight on this....
  7. Unable to exit fullscreen applications

Unable to exit fullscreen applications: All of a sudden my computer became unable to exit out of full screen applications. When I press windows key and a number, I can see the apps that corresponds to it but I have to keep the windows key pressed or I will exit back to the full screen application. When I am stuck...
  8. Exiting any fullscreen application causes windows to hang, then crash.

Exiting any fullscreen application causes windows to hang, then crash.: Anytime that I exit a full-screen application typically a video game, all of my monitors freeze, though my mouse still moves unable to interact with anything for about a minute or two until it freezes as well. So far, it seems I am able to avoid my system freezing if I set...
  9. Windows changes size of browser window after exiting a fullscreen video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows changes size of browser window after exiting a fullscreen video: I'm not sure what subject to post this under but every time i exit a fullscreen video or really anything that goes fullscreen in a browser my window will go from filling the whole screen to windowed. Every time it changes to the same size window, even if i'm already in...
  10. File Explorer opens when exiting fullscreen applications with ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer opens when exiting fullscreen applications with ALT+TAB: Hello, I am on Windows 10, and since yesterday, every time I use ALT+TAB to come back to my desktop from a fullscreen application, a file explorer opens up for no reason. Thanks in advance !...