Windows 10: Win Explorer Crash

Discus and support Win Explorer Crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The windows explorer frequently crashes on my windows. Is it because of any update. Also I'm seeing this strikethrough signs sometimes on the date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kartik10000, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Win Explorer Crash

The windows explorer frequently crashes on my windows. Is it because of any update.

Also I'm seeing this strikethrough signs sometimes on the date column in the taskbar or in the Windows C, storage indicator. Sometimes its there, other times it isn't. I've scanned with Malwarebytes and Advanced System Care but nothing so far

:)

kartik10000, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

internet explore 11 on my laptop (win 10) is crashing and unable to restore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

I would also suggest you to refer to the following article and follow the steps given except resetting Internet Explorer. It has various steps to resolve the issue related to Internet Explorer performance.

What to do when Internet Explorer stops working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Bundy Win User
    Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Win Explorer Crash

Namslas90, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Win Explorer Crash

1. Win Explorer Crash - Similar Threads - Explorer Crash

2. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts.I have tried clearing the File...
  3. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts.I have tried clearing the File...
  4. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts....
  5. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts....
  6. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

8. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

9. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

10. Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I open any Folder in File Explorer, the tab goes to Not Responding and crashes.: I am on a Windows 11 PC and this is making it so I cannot access any of my files. I have tried restarting both the file explorer and my computer various times as well as when I try to recover to a recent backup, I am met with a 0x80070017 error. I have two recovery dates...