Windows 10: Win Explorer - Cursor jumps to bottom or top of file

Discus and support Win Explorer - Cursor jumps to bottom or top of file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open Win Explorer with the intention of searching/browsing my files, the cursor will jump to the bottom of the list of files within 10 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by l_turn9, Apr 11, 2020.

1. l_turn9 Win User

Win Explorer - Cursor jumps to bottom or top of file

When I open Win Explorer with the intention of searching/browsing my files, the cursor will jump to the bottom of the list of files within 10 seconds of opening Explorer. Also, if I enter a previously opened Explorer and if I am near the bottom, the cursor will often jump to the top. In either case, I must relocate the cursor to the correct area and start browsing again. I wish you could fix this with a update instead of waiting for a next issue of Windows.

Thx

:)

l_turn9, Apr 11, 2020

2. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

Hi Shawn.

Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think much, just hit the button and upgraded to Win 10. Later I found my file list on the explorer keep jumping to the top just like the previous trial I have in other PC.
    Can you help me with that? (I already sent feed back to MS through Windows Feedback app)

Thank in advance.

Kevin

Kevin Ismail, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer - the cursor continually moves back to the top of the list

Original title: Windows 10 File Explorer

When scrolling through a list of files in Explorer, the cursor continually moves back to the top of the list. Also when I try to rename a file the cursor moves back to the top of the list during this process.

RobertEades, Apr 11, 2020
  4. l_turn9 Win User

cursor jumps to top

when organizing file in file explorer or Windows Media Player, when I get about 3/4 the way down the cursor pops to the top without warning! Then I must find my place again - this is very annoying!

This questions has been asked but none of the suggestions have helped. Actually things got a little better until the recent MS Update. Ya'll need to fix this stuff.

l_turn9, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Win Explorer - Cursor jumps to bottom or top of file - Similar Threads - Explorer Cursor jumps

2. Jump back to top and cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump back to top and cursor freezing: When i open a file in laptop or even anything in google chrome or any browser and scroll down after few seconds it jumps back to the top of the page automatically plus the cursor also freezes. Once i press scroll down/Scroll up button from the keyboard cursor works back to...
  3. Jump back to top and cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump back to top and cursor freezing: When i open a file in laptop or even anything in google chrome or any browser and scroll down after few seconds it jumps back to the top of the page automatically plus the cursor also freezes. Once i press scroll down/Scroll up button from the keyboard cursor works back to...
  4. Jump back to top and cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. cursor dropping to bottom of file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cursor dropping to bottom of file explorer: I am constantly frustrated by a cursor that is near the top of the screen when I open File Explorer, then as I begin to navigate the cursor will drop all the way to the bottom of my files. It doesn't seem like this would be a problem to fix but it has been ongoing for several...
  6. cursor dropping to bottom of file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor dropping to bottom of file explorer: I am constantly frustrated by a cursor that is near the top of the screen when I open File Explorer, then as I begin to navigate the cursor will drop all the way to the bottom of my files. It doesn't seem like this would be a problem to fix but it has been ongoing for several...
  7. cursor dropping to bottom of file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File manager Exploring Jumps to top or bottom of List when Saving.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File manager Exploring Jumps to top or bottom of List when Saving.: I bought a new PC Dell that i s a great device, super fast. However, after I had it a month or so File manager Exploring Jumps to top or bottom of List when Saving. It has nothing to do with Personalization/Auto Accent Color selections, etc. i have all thi soff. Two points:1....
  9. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder: Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6, 2019. I found an old thread concerning this issue but my current windows settings are the same as those recommended in that...
  10. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!: I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need. Before you ask, I do use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 scroll bar jumps