Windows 10: Win Explorer File Preview muted (until file is edited)

Discus and support Win Explorer File Preview muted (until file is edited) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All, Strange problem that happened about a week ago, which is file previews in WIn Explorer are muted, however will turn their normal vibrant color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sunriver61, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Win Explorer File Preview muted (until file is edited)

All,

Strange problem that happened about a week ago, which is file previews in WIn Explorer are muted, however will turn their normal vibrant color once edited. The example only shows image files, however this is the same for Word docs, System files, etc. (doesn't matter the file type).

I don't remember a Win update at the time, and can't remember flipping a switch anywhere that would have caused this, and in working with Windows since the early 90's I've never seen this. *Huh

If anyone has come across this and knows a fix, please let me know. It's not disrupting workflow but is is slightly annoying.

Thanks!

:)

sunriver61, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Aug 20, 2019
  3. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Win Explorer File Preview muted (until file is edited)

How to Disable Preview Pane in File Explorer

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View Tab.
    • Click on Preview Pane to view\hide it.

Refer:

How to work with files and folders

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/files-folders-windows-explorer

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Sahil Bali, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Win Explorer File Preview muted (until file is edited)

1. Win Explorer File Preview muted (until file is edited) - Similar Threads - Explorer File Preview

2. Editing/adding an MP4 image tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing/adding an MP4 image tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer: I googled:Edit preview tag images for mp4 files in Win10I've discovered I can store zillions of movies on a few 512 flash drives to watch from anywhere and want to add preview images to quickly find the movie I want.Double click to enlarge. There are no tags shown for each...
  3. Editing/adding an MP4 image tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing/adding an MP4 image tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer: I googled:Edit preview tag images for mp4 files in Win10I've discovered I can store zillions of movies on a few 512 flash drives to watch from anywhere and want to add preview images to quickly find the movie I want.Double click to enlarge. There are no tags shown for each...
  4. Editing/adding an MP4 image tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Editing/adding an MP4 tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer

Editing/adding an MP4 tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer: I googled:Edit preview tag images for mp4 files in Win10I've discovered I can store zillions of movies on a few 512 flash drives to watch from anywhere and want to add preview images to quickly find the movie I want.Double click to enlarge. There are no tags shown for each...
  6. Editing/adding an MP4 tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing/adding an MP4 tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer: I googled:Edit preview tag images for mp4 files in Win10I've discovered I can store zillions of movies on a few 512 flash drives to watch from anywhere and want to add preview images to quickly find the movie I want.Double click to enlarge. There are no tags shown for each...
  7. Editing/adding an MP4 tag for the preview pane in Win 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Preview in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preview in File Explorer: Recently the preview function on File explorer stopped working for my PDF files. I have Bluebeam set up as my Default PDF viewer, I tried changing it to the Microsoft Viewer but that did not allow a Preview either. I need to preview files! Help...
  9. Explorer File Preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer File Preview: Explorer preview not working. Have searched internet on possible fixes. Windows 10 Pro OS build 19041.450 Explorer->General->Open File Explorer set to this PC Explorer->View->Files and Folders->Show preview handlers in preview pane checked. Registry setting added....
  10. No file preview in the preview pane and file explore

No file preview in the preview pane and file explore: This is an ongoing, intermittent problem. For no apparent reason, my documents well stop being previewed in the previewed pain of file Explorer. Today, Word docs are previewing, but it takes a long time for them to appear. PDF docs are not previewing at all. Yesterday,...