Windows 10: win explorer not repsonding at shutdown

Discus and support win explorer not repsonding at shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I set up a "shutdown" shortcut on my desktop that calls "shutdown.exe" and almost every time after I click on the shortcut I see a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by artoo, Jan 11, 2016.

1. artoo Win User

win explorer not repsonding at shutdown

Hi,

I set up a "shutdown" shortcut on my desktop that calls "shutdown.exe" and almost every time after I click on the shortcut I see a message dialog box that saying explorer is not responding and it takes a while for that dialog box to close and then finish shutting off the computer.

I've noticed this also happens when using the start menu->power->shutdown.

any suggestions?

:)

artoo, Jan 11, 2016
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Desktop Hibernates instead of Shuting Down

Open file explorer, control panel, open power options , click change plan settings, change advanced power settings, change settings that are currently unavailable. click to open sleep, click all options, pick your options and save.

I use this command to shut down win 8.0, 8.1 and win 10 computers with no power management
    C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.

( full shutdown) icon can be added.

kjl1956, Jan 11, 2016
  3. -Kanat- Win User
    File System Error -2018375670

Hi

I Opened Task Manager and restarted the File Explorer since it was not repsonding and

suddenly got this error whenever I tried to open any file using the default windows 10 applications

such as Microsoft Edge, etc.

Also the taskbar icons are nowhere to be found and the start menu doesn't work

I was wondering if anyone could help me pls I don't know a lot about these stuff :'(

-Kanat-, Jan 11, 2016
  4. caperjack Win User

try this one instead .. right click the desktop .pick, new then shortcut . type in , slidetoshutdown.exe , save it and if you want an icon for it ,right click on it and click change icon ,ok,, I use the red box, what ever ..click the new icon then hit the windows key ,or double click if you have touch slide it down with you finger to shutdown

caperjack, Jan 11, 2016
  5. artoo Win User
    after changing to slidetoshutdown, I am still experiencing the same problem with explorer failing to respond. I've noticed this problem since moving to a new system and the installation of Win 10 Pro 64bit and upgrade to the 1511 build.

artoo, Jan 12, 2016
  6. caperjack Win User
    yeah ,win10 has many issues ,some like yours make no sense ,,what i read about a lot of these issue is a clean install of win10 ,is the major fix

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. win explorer not repsonding at shutdown - Similar Threads - explorer repsonding shutdown

2. Random Win 10 shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Win 10 shutdowns: Can anyone help? Is this a GPU problem, or a driver problem? I am getting random windows shutdowns:Problem details:SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎10/‎18/‎2022 11:25 AMStatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 144Parameter 1:...
  3. Random Win 10 shutdowns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Win 10 shutdowns: Can anyone help? Is this a GPU problem, or a driver problem? I am getting random windows shutdowns:Problem details:SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎10/‎18/‎2022 11:25 AMStatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 144Parameter 1:...
  4. Random Win 10 shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win 10 File Manager Shutdowns

Win 10 File Manager Shutdowns: Experiencing shutdowns of File Manager when creating, deleting or renaming folders. System Information Application Error events record as follows: 07/10/2020 15:49 Application Error Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp:...
  6. Ended windows explorer and shutdowned the laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ended windows explorer and shutdowned the laptop: Hi, I ended windows explorer in taskmanager and shutdowned my laptop accidentally, when i turn ON my laptop i was shown the login page but when i entered my password and clicked enter only welcome page is shown and it keep on loading nothing other than that happens. What...
  7. Brightness Control are slow to repsond

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Control are slow to repsond: I am facing this issue from the last 2 days. Whenever I try to adjust my brightness the brightness control seems slow to respond. For Example. If my brightness is at 100% and I change it to 25% It takes a couple of minutes to change the brightness which was not the case...
  8. Win Explorer Crash

Win Explorer Crash: The windows explorer frequently crashes on my windows. Is it because of any update. Also I'm seeing this strikethrough signs sometimes on the date column in the taskbar or in the Windows C, storage indicator. Sometimes its there, other times it isn't. I've scanned with...
  9. Programs - Not Repsonding -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs - Not Repsonding -: Ever since my recent format/reload of Win10 I'm getting Not Responding messages and program lockup often. It happens with AOL Desktop (not my only email, just the oldest), Mumble Voice Chat Client and Firefox. With Firefox part of the issue is with emoji's more often than not...
  10. Win 10 FCU shutdown issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 FCU shutdown issue: Does win 10 FCU shutdown in a different manner as compared to previous ones? Because both of my PCs, one with a HDD and another with SSD is shutting down slowly after the updates. Please share your opinions 101063