Windows 10: Win Explorer Slowing down with Date/Length Columns

Discus and support Win Explorer Slowing down with Date/Length Columns in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; win10 Pro 20h2 Been questioning if there is another way on this "problem", whenever i get to folders with videos it takes quite some time reading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Carica, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Carica Win User

Win Explorer Slowing down with Date/Length Columns

win10 Pro 20h2

Been questioning if there is another way on this "problem", whenever i get to folders with videos it takes quite some time reading every single one checking for its date and length, does it need to check all the files every single time? can't it save the previous one and only update if the file gets changed?

Lenght not that important still helps but date is important otherwise i would simple remove them *Sad.

:)

Carica, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Terrypin Win User
    Terrypin, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Terrypin Win User
    File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?

The column heading in Win 10 File Explorer is 'Date'. But which one?

I've always been used in XP to the default being 'Date modified', but it seems that here it's Date created? Several re-saves have left 'Date' unchanged.

Win Explorer Slowing down with Date/Length Columns [​IMG]

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Berton Win User

Replace Date column with Date Modified

In File Explorer I can right-click a column heading and get a list of choices with Date Modified on it which by default appears when creating a New, Folder. If I click the More at the bottom of that list I find several choices about date with Date [by itself] being the first, Date Modified not there since it's already in use.

Win Explorer Slowing down with Date/Length Columns [​IMG]

Another point, File Explorer windows will show different column headings based upon the content of the Folders being viewed, e.g. Music will be different from Pictures, etc.

And may be necessary to click the View tab then Options then the resulting View tab and choose Apply to all Folders although it may not always work as desired, I use that to show Details in most all instances of File Explorer.

Berton, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Win Explorer Slowing down with Date/Length Columns - Similar Threads - Explorer Slowing down

2. File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...: When I open a folder on my Desktop by clicking on the folder icon on the desktop or from File Explorer via This PC\Local Disk C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\Folder\ABC, or pretty much anywhere else except This PC\Desktop the Date column shows Date Modified.If I open it in File...
  3. File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...: When I open a folder on my Desktop by clicking on the folder icon on the desktop or from File Explorer via This PC\Local Disk C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\Folder\ABC, or pretty much anywhere else except This PC\Desktop the Date column shows Date Modified.If I open it in File...
  4. File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative?

in Windows 10 Support
    explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative?: as title suggested, some folders have width and height column to be able to see images max dimension in width and height without having to open it, but it lags and very slow, what to do? 171639
  6. How to maintain selected columns in Win Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to maintain selected columns in Win Explorer?: .For instance, I always want to have the Rating column for folders with images. However, even after applying in properties, the Rating column still goes away after that. Any workaround? [ATTACH] 155070
  7. Replace Date column with Date Modified

in Windows 10 Support
    Replace Date column with Date Modified: I have a vague recollection that I may have asked this before and sorry if that’s the case, but I can find no trace. i simply want to ensure that when I open either an Explorer folder or an Open or Save As browse window then instead of a column called Date I get Date...
  8. date column

in Windows 10 Support
    date column: This morning I updated to the latest BitDefender and while doing so their instructions did not indicate to not select uninstall as the installer would complete this task automatically even though a message did pop up asking me to uninstall. I believe this was the reason for...
  9. File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?: The column heading in Win 10 File Explorer is 'Date'. But which one? I've always been used in XP to the default being 'Date modified', but it seems that here it's Date created? Several re-saves have left 'Date' unchanged. [img] -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK 71495
  10. Changing default Date column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default Date column in File Explorer: One change I dislike in Win 10 is the 'Date' column. This seems to be the same as Date Created, which I rarely want to see. By far the most useful date for me is Date Modified, which was the standard in XP. How do I set that as the column that will always appear in all...