Windows 10: WIN keeps trying to get access to the old printer

Discus and support WIN keeps trying to get access to the old printer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I uninstalled the software for my old printer HP C4700. But Windows keeps trying to get access to this old printer. I receive the message "The feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelKitamura, Jan 14, 2019.

1. WIN keeps trying to get access to the old printer

I uninstalled the software for my old printer HP C4700. But Windows keeps trying to get access to this old printer. I receive the message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." The system wants me to select a source for installation package C4700.msi. I don’t have this source so it cancels Windows installation and I cannot install other programs

:)

MichaelKitamura, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Windows keeps trying to access old printer and keeps windows installer from working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What happens when you try to install other applications?

This error occurs when you install and remove software on Windows, there are number of processes that takes place and are not shown in the GUI. We will try doing hard reset on the printer, router, computer and other devices on the same network. Kindly
    follow the below mentioned steps that will temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections and require restarting your computer.

• Press the Power button on the printer to turn it off.
    • Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the
      printer and from the wireless router.
    • Turn off the computer and wait for
      30 seconds
    • Reconnect the power cord to the wireless router.
    • Wait for 30 seconds, or until the router is fully on and ready
    • Turn the computer back on and wait for the computer to reload
    • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
    • Turn the printer back on.

Also, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers. To do that, follow the below steps:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer if plugged. Go to
      Control panel
      > Programs and feature > Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
    • Now go to Control panel > Devices and printer > Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
    • Press "Win + R" keys to open run window > Type
      printui.exe /s (There is a space between .exe & /) > press
      Enter
    • Under print server properties, go to drivers > remove the entries if there are any.
    • Again, go to the Run window, type > c:/programdata > Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

Additional Information: Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed from the
    article.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 14, 2019
  3. keakar Win User
    Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Jan 14, 2019
  4. WIN keeps trying to get access to the old printer

connect new laptop to old printer

Hi Yon,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about adding a printer to your device. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or outdated printer drivers after upgrade to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if the drivers are compatible to Windows 10 Operating System?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps you to add the printer.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Greg Carmack - MS MVP
    on January 10, 2016 and check if it helps.

Unable to connect my Printer to Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

WIN keeps trying to get access to the old printer

1. WIN keeps trying to get access to the old printer - Similar Threads - keeps trying access

2. Account keeps getting locked - someone trying to gain access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account keeps getting locked - someone trying to gain access: Ever since the other day my account keeps getting locked every day.And when I checked in my account activity page, I see a massive number of unsuccessful sign in attempts - this is not normal right? Someone seems to be trying to gain access to my account for some reason. This...
  3. Account keeps getting locked - someone trying to gain access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account keeps getting locked - someone trying to gain access: Ever since the other day my account keeps getting locked every day.And when I checked in my account activity page, I see a massive number of unsuccessful sign in attempts - this is not normal right? Someone seems to be trying to gain access to my account for some reason. This...
  4. Account keeps getting locked - someone trying to gain access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I keep getting a access violation, I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting a access violation, I've tried everything: I9 14900k 4070 12gb 32gb ram Ever since getting this new pc about a month old I keep getting access violations on almost every program and game I run...
  6. I keep getting a access violation, I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting a access violation, I've tried everything: I9 14900k 4070 12gb 32gb ram Ever since getting this new pc about a month old I keep getting access violations on almost every program and game I run...
  7. installing an old printer on win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installing an old printer on win 10: Hi, I want to install a canon laser shot lbp1120 printer on my pc with win 10 but actually can't find a driver for that, how should I do, its any way to install it?...
  8. Accessing old printer plugged into desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accessing old printer plugged into desktop: I have an HP LaserJet 1018 printer plugged into a Windows 10 desktop. I'm trying to add that printer to a new Windows 10 laptop. The setup refused to complete, saying that the XP driver is unacceptable. Clearly there's a driver on the desktop that works. Is there a way to...
  9. trying to access old hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to access old hard drive: Good morning all. I recently purchased a new computer, and I'm using old hard drives to move files off other computers, and the hard drives off computers which died, and I kept the drives from. I'm on my last two drives, and I'm not able to access either. I plug them in--...
  10. Windows keeps trying to access old printer and keeps windows installer from working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows keeps trying to access old printer and keeps windows installer from working: I have uninstalled HP C4700 every way imaginable but I still get "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." I the wants me to select a source for installation package C4700.msi. Since I have no source, it causes my windows installer to...