Windows 10: WIN key + C not working for cortana

Discus and support WIN key + C not working for cortana in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So WIN+C doesnt work on either of my pc's to bring up cortana. I know the windows key itself works, as do all the other win+shortcuts ive tried. Just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by klepp0906, Mar 4, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

WIN key + C not working for cortana

So WIN+C doesnt work on either of my pc's to bring up cortana. I know the windows key itself works, as do all the other win+shortcuts ive tried.

Just not cortana. "Hey cortana" works so cortana is sound. Just somehow the key combo isnt working. Any ideas where I can look? I closed everything I have running and the result is the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Grr more stardock issues. seems fences is preventing it. doesnt even have shortcuts afaik so u got me.

:)

klepp0906, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Sergei Win User

Reuse Win+C shortcut after disabling Cortana in Windows 10 1703

We have an application that uses custom key combinations for copy/paste operations. Before we deployed Windows 10 1703 build, users where able to use 'Win-C' combination in the application.
    As Cortana now uses Win+C combination, application is unable to reuse these keys.

What have I tried so far on clean 1703 deployment:

• Disabled Cortana in Group Policies : Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search.
    • Added registry value of type DWORD and set it to 0
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search

VoiceShortcut

The Cortana seems to be disabled now but application still believes Win-C combination is used.

Is there way to find out if Win-C is really in use by Cortana?

Sergei, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Win + C not activating cortana

hello Ntelas

the Win+C shortcut to launch Cortana in listening mode was recently changed to Win+Shift+C.

please let me know if it works for you

Pedro V Flores, Mar 4, 2020
  4. WIN key + C not working for cortana

Must Click Mic Icon or Type Win + C for Cortana to Hear Me. Why?

• Turn off Windows Speech Recognition by saying "stop listening."

• Start Cortana by selecting the search box on the task bar.

• Select "I agree" to opt in to Cortana.

• Turn Windows Speech Recognition back on by pressing Ctrl +
      Windows logo
      key, or by saying "start listening."
    Regarding Step 1, Cortana said it couldn't comply because that feature hasn't been added yet. Step 2 worked. Step 3 didn't work because no "I agree" appeared. Step 4 didn't work.

So, I used "Talk to Cortana" in Cortana settings, and that worked. I used that procedure before, but it didn't work. Perhaps it worked this time because I bought a new microphone, installed it by typing Audio in the Cortana search field, and selected Recording
    and then Microphone. For the first time since I began with Windows 10 years ago, Cortana responds to "Hey Cortana". OMG!

Maybe the key to a non-responding Cortana is to first use the Audio procedure and then the "Talk to Cortana" procedure from Settings. Maybe my old mic might even work using those two procedures, but I haven't tried it.

I didn't try"Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana".

Jersey-Devil, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

WIN key + C not working for cortana

1. WIN key + C not working for cortana - Similar Threads - key working cortana

2. Win key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win key not working: I use Microsoft KB and the key opens the start menu normally and also some shortcuts are working properly like "Win+R" !But other shortcuts like "Win+V" , Win+Period" are not ! ! !I tried many solutions but didn't solve the problem !Like :Disable gaming mode on your...
  3. Win key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win key not working: I use Microsoft KB and the key opens the start menu normally and also some shortcuts are working properly like "Win+R" !But other shortcuts like "Win+V" , Win+Period" are not ! ! !I tried many solutions but didn't solve the problem !Like :Disable gaming mode on your...
  4. Win key not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win key not working: Does anyone have issues with the Windows key not working? I just updated windows so I'm not sure if it's from the update or a coincidence. the key itself is working but not of the functions are. Any help is appreciated submitted by /u/Ruthlessxiv [link] [comments]...
  5. Win key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win key not working: I bought my win key about 3-4 years ago,, and i reinstalled my computer and now it wont work4HYMN-6PFP3-GHQ7P-9W2J2-KW3GY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-key-not-working/6a9a5f82-f291-40ea-bc0f-d28de9445183
  6. Win key not working

Win key not working: I bought my win key about 3-4 years ago,, and i reinstalled my computer and now it wont work4HYMN-6PFP3-GHQ7P-9W2J2-KW3GY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-key-not-working/6a9a5f82-f291-40ea-bc0f-d28de9445183
  7. Win key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to stop shortcut Win+C to open Cortana

How to stop shortcut Win+C to open Cortana: I don't like Cortana, I don't use Cortana, so I don't want Cortana. I found here in the forum how to disable it using the Local Group Policy Editor. But I use Clipboard history a lot and many times, as I type very fast, I hit Win+C instead of Win+V. And when I hit Win+C I...
  9. Why does "Windows Key + C" not start Cortana?

in Cortana
    Why does "Windows Key + C" not start Cortana?: On my wife's Dell PC, typing "Windows key + C" brings up Cortana. On my Dell (XPS 2720), it does nothing. If I just do "Windows Key", I get the start menu and I can click in there and then Cortana shows....
  10. Win Key Not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Win Key Not working: Yesterday, I noticed the Windows key no longer works. It's the same whether I press the Win Key on the keyboard or I select it with my Mouse. When I click it nothing seems to happen. If I Right Click it, the menu for the control Panel opens. Recently I had the laptop in for...