Windows 10: Win key (close for apps?)

Discus and support Win key (close for apps?) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; is there a way to close winkey for some programs and games? (like mame, dosbox) ctrl, alt, shift, z , x keys are close to winkey so if i wrongly push... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Feuer, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Feuer Win User

Win key (close for apps?)

is there a way to close winkey for some programs and games? (like mame, dosbox)
    ctrl, alt, shift, z , x keys are close to winkey
    so if i wrongly push the win key my game window close to taskbar and i go to desktop

thanks

:)

Feuer, Sep 20, 2020

2. Windows Apps automatically closes

hey,

I suggest you to perform the following steps one by one and check if it helps.

• Running the App troubleshooter
    Run the App troubleshooter named Windows store Apps from control Panel and check if it helps.

If not then,

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

If still not helps then,

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Win key (close for apps?)

Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Win key (close for apps?)

1. Win key (close for apps?) - Similar Threads - key close apps

2. [Win 11] Microsoft store's Apps close on while on sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Win 11] Microsoft store's Apps close on while on sleeping: The same problem as here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-stores-apps-close-on-while-on-sleeping/52e9c038-fa91-46b4-b3e8-d3f52ddf9811?page=3and...
  3. [Win 11] Microsoft store's Apps close on while on sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Win 11] Microsoft store's Apps close on while on sleeping: The same problem as here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-stores-apps-close-on-while-on-sleeping/52e9c038-fa91-46b4-b3e8-d3f52ddf9811?page=3and...
  4. App automatically close!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App automatically close!: Hello everyone!I have a laptop that worked completely fine. But yesterday it has a problem, started with my reading book app - bibliovore when I change the font for the book, and it was loading after that it teleported me back to the home page I don't know if it is related to...
  5. Shutdown PC when a specific app is closed - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown PC when a specific app is closed - WIN 10: Hi everyone,I wanted ask to the community if exist a method to shutdown a pc when a specific app is closed, i need to do that after using a PC Stick connected at a Smart TV.Thank you...
  6. Win Media Keys App Switching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win Media Keys App Switching: Hi, I'm having a problem with Windows Media keys and app switching. I've tried the whole Chrome extension, flags, services and I don't use Spotify. The media keys work fine when I'm on iTunes but whenever I'm on another app they stop working. I'm trying to disable the...
  7. How to close an app that refuses to close?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to close an app that refuses to close?: 1. Press ctrl+shift+esc to activate task manager 2. Select the app that refuses to close 3. Click on the end task button. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-close-an-app-that-refuses-to-close/7a7667f5-8062-4e0b-815d-880eae448d04
  8. app closing

app closing: I installed JLPT N4 app. I can open it. When I click on the section "Study Guide" and click start bar it closes. I can go to another section call Quizzes and it seems to work fine. I have gone to app settings and did the reset-did not help. I uninstalled and restored app...
  9. Win+L issue with apps closing after logging into the PC

Win+L issue with apps closing after logging into the PC: I usually leave my PC running overnight to afk in some games, but whenever I wake up and enter my desktop out of Win+L, I am forced out of a discord server AFK call just to test, I put myself into one and the game shuts down, same with chrome. I have sleep mode off....
  10. apps keeps closing

apps keeps closing: hello pls i didnt know what went wrong i just discovered that i couldnt open my start menu, my music application, my microsoft store, and some others like that pls i dont know what to do pls help me...