Windows 10: Win Key + Print Screen/SysRq Key often stops working and has changed

Discus and support Win Key + Print Screen/SysRq Key often stops working and has changed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I love having a quick shortcut to grab a screenshots but it seems when I need it the most/immediately it does not respond. Also until quite recently,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zippy2222, May 14, 2017.

1. Zippy2222 Win User

Win Key + Print Screen/SysRq Key often stops working and has changed

I love having a quick shortcut to grab a screenshots but it seems when I need it the most/immediately it does not respond. Also until quite recently, say a month ago it would just go a little grey on the screen and a semi transparent copy of the screen would woosh away to the designated folder, cool found that slightly amusing. Now it pops up a cross hair across the whole screen, holding down the left mouse from the current cross hair intersection you can select the length/height of a rectangular capture or just center the crosshairs and mouse click to get the whole screen.Makes a generic camera click>Boring, Cool, but like I said sometimes nothing. I have AVG internet security now but it did this when I had McAfee too.
    I love the flex of the snipping tool but sometimes you need it quick, not 5button clicks later, you all know what I mean.*really

So anyone experience this as well or any suggestions why it is happening?

:)

Zippy2222, May 14, 2017

2. How do you take a screenshot on a Windows 10 Toshiba Satellite laptop

Hi,

We understand that your screen does not dim when you press Windows key and PrtScr/SysRq key together.
    I completely understand your concern and feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

Are you able to capture the screen shot on Paint or Word or WordPad when you press Windows key and PrtScr/SysRq key together?

No doubt if your screen does not dim when you press Windows key and PrtScr/SysRq key together. But need to check if you could capture the screenshot on Paint or Word or WordPad application.

Let's follow the steps below to take and capture a Screenshot on your computer.

1. You may press Windows key and PrtScr/SysRq key together or press Ctrl key and PrtScr/SysRq key together or just press PrtScr/SysRq key on your computer keyboard to take the screenshot.

2. You may open Paint or Word or WordPad application, then paste the screenshot on it by pressing Ctrl key and V key together and check if it works.

Also try to press Fn key + Windows key + Print Screen key together and check if the issue persists.

Finally, I suggest you to create a new user account and to check for the issue. This is to confirm if the issue is account specific.

This issue might occur due to some corrupt user account profile on your system.

Let's refer to the link below:

Create a user account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further.

AntonyJose, May 14, 2017
  3. Rez1458 Win User
    Ctrl Key + End Key and Ctrl Key + Up shortcut keys are not working on Windows 10.

Try turning off keyboard Scroll Lock (like caps lock; key is often near Pause/Break and PrtScn/SysRq buttons).

Rez1458, May 14, 2017
Thema:

Win Key + Print Screen/SysRq Key often stops working and has changed

1. Win Key + Print Screen/SysRq Key often stops working and has changed - Similar Threads - Key Print Screen

2. Windows Key + Print Screen does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Key + Print Screen does not work: Print Screen itself works perfectly fine, but using the combination to save an image automatically to my drive doesn't do anything. Nothing happens. Has this been removed from windows or how do I do it now?...
  3. Windows Key + Print Screen does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key + Print Screen does not work: Print Screen itself works perfectly fine, but using the combination to save an image automatically to my drive doesn't do anything. Nothing happens. Has this been removed from windows or how do I do it now?...
  4. Windows Key + Print Screen does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win key stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win key stopped working: EDIT: I tried a second keyboard and the WIN key works. HOW can it have broken both keys on my regular board.... They joined connected on the circuit board??? All of a sudden after days of uptime the Win keys (both of them) stopped working. I can not get ANY app or shortcut...
  6. Windows key has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key has stopped working: I have a problem with the Windows key no longer working on my daughter’s new Windows 10 laptop. If I press the key, nothing happens. I know it’s not the key itself because if I restore the entire hard drive from a Macrium Reflect image, it works perfectly. The only trouble...
  7. Print screen key randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print screen key randomly stopped working: Hey, I have this problem and couldn't find a solution through googling. My PrtScr just stopped working - I noticed it through playing Final Fantasy 14, where it's keybind to take a screenshot from the game directly into a folder. It worked just fine a couple of days ago, but...
  8. win + print screen keys are no longer working to take a screen shot

win + print screen keys are no longer working to take a screen shot: I did a complete disk cleanup yesterday, took all dang day, and now my screenshot short cut doesn't work. In Windows 10 when pressing the Windows logo key and the print screen key, it no longer dims and saves my screenshot. This is all after doing a complete disk cleanup....
  9. Windows key + Print screen does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows key + Print screen does not work: Hello! the title shows what the problem is. I'm using a ASUS laptop and other keyboard problems do not appear. windows key is fine and print screen key is fine too. however, windows key + print screen does not work. screen does not become dimmed. and nothing is...
  10. Print Screen key doesn't work

Print Screen key doesn't work: After recently installing Office 365, the Print Screen key no longer works, nor does Alt+PrintScreen. Does nothing. I have restarted twice and also did a full shut down. No help. Please provide a fix....