Windows 10: Win Live MAIL problem

Discus and support Win Live MAIL problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a new laptop with Win10 installed and ever since downloading WinLive Mail, Win Live Mail has given me problems. It spends hours saying it is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by PS894, Jan 16, 2016.

1. PS894 Win User

Win Live MAIL problem

I have a new laptop with Win10 installed and ever since downloading WinLive Mail, Win Live Mail has given me problems.

It spends hours saying it is upgrading, I cannot get rid of it unless, I shut the laptop down and remove the battery. This is ridiculous. Anyone else with the same problem and an answer as to how to fix it?

Frankly, I am fedup with the goons who put Win10 on the market without proper protection for customers. I already have had one laptop made completely useless by installing Win10 and I will be really furious if Win10 blows up this new laptop as well.

:)

PS894, Jan 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 mail

Hi JD,

Yes the update repaired my Mail App problems also. I wish the "Mail Live Tile" displayed new mail info until the Mail App is opened. Like it did in WIN 8.1

Now in Win 10 the live tile goes away after 15 minutes. I think you should go back and mark a few of my posts as "Helpful" (hint). My Norton firewall is on and everything is working.

DavidG_908, Jan 16, 2016
  3. ELARA App preventing shutdown

it appears just after setting up my live mail account and blocks after restarting also the appearance of the desktop.

It happens before also with the computer when upgraded to win 8.1 (requires logon with live mail) so I had to install back win 7 and did not appear after upgrade on win 10 before signing up with live mail.

dangageonea, Jan 16, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Win Live MAIL problem

Suggestion only :
    If you can use WLM at all, open it, backup the emails you want to keep.
    Go to Programs and Features > find Windows Essentials ( either 2011, or 2012 )> right click at it > click Uninstall.

Use the link below and reinstall Windows Essentials 2012.......
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/essentials

Adding................. I have been using WLM since the early days of Win 7.
    I have WLM on Win 10 Home and Win 10 Pro. Not a problem.

davidhk, Jan 16, 2016
  5. strollin Win User
    Many people use WLM on Win 10 machines without issue, I personally use it on several machines with Win 10 and have no problems so I don't think it's an OS problem.

Maybe uninstalling/re-installing as davidhk suggested will help. That would be where I would start.

strollin, Jan 16, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    PS894,
    How is your current status ?
    Have you solved the issue ?

davidhk, Jan 16, 2016
  7. PS894 Win User
    Thankyou for your helpful reply. I, too have used WLM since Win 7 without problems. I just wonder what this constant downloading has done to my laptop. I will have to re-install. Such a nuisance.

PS894, Jan 17, 2016
  8. PS894 Win User

Win Live MAIL problem

Well...... so far WLM seems to be doing OK. I repaired it instead of uninstalling. I should have thought of that first before bothering other people with my complaint.

PS894, Jan 18, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Yes. I forgot about the Repair option all together.
    Good to know you have the problem sorted.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win Live MAIL problem

1. Win Live MAIL problem - Similar Threads - Live MAIL problem

2. Problems with Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Windows Live Mail: I use Windows Live Mail for my email communications, my computer is set up for windows 10. Recently Live mail has stopped downloading the email message. It will only download the message headline. When I click on the headline to open the message a window appears which says...
  3. Problems with Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Windows Live Mail: I use Windows Live Mail for my email communications, my computer is set up for windows 10. Recently Live mail has stopped downloading the email message. It will only download the message headline. When I click on the headline to open the message a window appears which says...
  4. Live Mail problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail problem: I use Live Mail, the 2012 version, and this morning my Inbox was missing. I still have Quick Views, Outbox and Storage Folders, but no in box. I use Yahoo email through ATT and all of the folders are there when I log into my email with ATT. Last night when I shut the pc...
  5. windows live mail problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows live mail problem: windows live mail says "Message could not be displayed" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-problem/764573b4-f3d3-449b-8b77-3d68302fb704
  6. Live Mail in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live Mail in Win 10: Win does not recognize Live Mail as a choice for .eml files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-in-win-10/3f2a3fa5-58dc-4f33-a9b1-1ca3c05c1768"
  7. Problem with Windows Live Mail.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Windows Live Mail.: I am using window 10 now. I know that Microsoft no longer supports windows live mail, but I have been using it for many years, and I have a lot of files and saved e-mails on it. For the past 3 or 4 weeks windows live mail has been having a lot of difficulty recognizing my...
  8. Windows live mail....problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows live mail....problem: It used to work great, now since the anniversary update I get this [img] I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and nothing helps. 62020
  9. win live mail problems in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    win live mail problems in win 10: Suddenly my email has gone haywire. My App for win live mail has a shield on it that means I have to open it as admin, and I get a box asking me if I want to let this programme to make changes. When mail opens I invariably get a box asking me to enter my password....
  10. Windows live mail on Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows live mail on Win 10: Have just got laptop with Win 10 preinstalled . Found its mail program USELESS . No contacts etc etc . Decided to install Live mail . Downloaded the file from MS ( 2012 version ) hit install but it just sits there with blue circle going round and round . Can any one help me...