Windows 10: win live mail problems in win 10

Discus and support win live mail problems in win 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Suddenly my email has gone haywire. My App for win live mail has a shield on it that means I have to open it as admin, and I get a box asking me if I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bobkat, Dec 6, 2015.

1. bobkat Win User

win live mail problems in win 10

Suddenly my email has gone haywire.
    My App for win live mail has a shield on it that means I have to open it as admin, and I get a box asking me if I want to let this programme to make changes.

When mail opens I invariably get a box asking me to enter my password. Further, I have two addresses. one for me and another for my wife, each has a different email address but both mail lists appear on my PC and also on my wifes PC.

I also get asked for the password for her address. On my PC I no longer get her emails but mine list in both her and my mail boxes. On her PC she gets both her and my emails listing correctly.

I have no idea why this has suddenly happened. I got a new password for mail a few months ago and it worked fine. but now I am getting thiese problems.

In addition it may be part of the same problem, If I try to open the app for BT Desktop Help on my PC it says that I do not have explorer 6 or higher and it will not open. I am using WIn 10 with Edge. I thought that the programme worked with Win 10.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks

:)

bobkat, Dec 6, 2015

2. where is live mail for win 10

where is the live mail win 10 download. I want to try it because win 10 mail doesn't deliver me all my emails

thekenoguy, Dec 6, 2015
  3. ELARA App preventing shutdown

it appears just after setting up my live mail account and blocks after restarting also the appearance of the desktop.

It happens before also with the computer when upgraded to win 8.1 (requires logon with live mail) so I had to install back win 7 and did not appear after upgrade on win 10 before signing up with live mail.

dangageonea, Dec 6, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Assuming you installed WLM through Windows Essentials.

1. Is your Windows essentials version 2012 ?
    2. If yes, go to Programs and Features > right click at Windows Essentials 2012 > click Uninstall/Change > click Repair all Windows Essentials programs.
    3. Start Button > Settings > Accounts > right side, if you see a blue link with the word Verify, click it.

davidhk, Dec 7, 2015
  5. bobkat Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have done that but no apparent changes have ensued.

I should mention that since I posted this request, I had my provider(BT) take control of my PC and they spent some considerable time changing things and I now have emails in my sectoion but none incoming into my wifes section. We thought that the whole problem was cleared but in fact, now my wifes PC is not getting any emails at all. I have to start again.

bobkat, Dec 7, 2015
  6. bobkat Win User
    this remains a perplexing problem to me. I can usually get to the bottom of computer problems but emails are a nogo area for me. I do not undersstand the intracasied of the setup.

bobkat, Dec 7, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    Would you consider uninstall > reinstall routine ?

davidhk, Dec 7, 2015
  8. bobkat Win User

I may have to eventually but which program are you suggesting, live mail or win 10?

bobkat, Dec 7, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    Oh, sorry. I meant Windows Essentials.

davidhk, Dec 7, 2015
  10. bobkat Win User
    I would cosider that but I would want to know the thinking behind it and the reasons it might be required.

bobkat, Dec 7, 2015
  11. davidhk Win User
    Under the speculation/presumption that your copy of WLM is damaged/corrupted.

davidhk, Dec 7, 2015
  12. bobkat Win User
    I am currently waiting on my broadband supplier to telephone me, following the work that they thought had cured the problem yeasterday.
    If they can help, ok. but if not I maybe will carry out your suggestion.

thanks for the idea's

bobkat, Dec 7, 2015
  13. davidhk Win User

Hope they can fix that.
    Good luck.

davidhk, Dec 7, 2015
  14. bobkat Win User
    Another session with BT taking overr the offending PC remotely. This time after many attempts to get it working they ,with permission, changed my wifes email to an imap address and that appeared to work, both receiving and sending mails but an hour later it would not accept incoming mail that I sent from my account and also then wouldn't open and a message box came up stating:
    The TCP/IP connection was unexpectidly terminated by the server. The reason given was: Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to non network errors. That could for example indicate a lack of memory on your system.

Have you got any ideas what that means and what I can do about it? I will be able to get back onto BT eventually but I would like some ammo knowledge before that.

Thanks

bobkat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. win live mail problems in win 10 - Similar Threads - live mail problems

2. Win-10 Mail problems.

in Browsers and Email
    Win-10 Mail problems.: I think I need some GURU help with this one.... I'm trying to use the Mail app in Win-10, instead of an aftermarket program. I was finally able to create and send an email, but nowhere was I able to set the default Font, Size, color, etc. for the email program. I could set...
  3. Live Mail in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live Mail in Win 10: Win does not recognize Live Mail as a choice for .eml files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-in-win-10/3f2a3fa5-58dc-4f33-a9b1-1ca3c05c1768"
  4. settings in Windows Live Mail on Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    settings in Windows Live Mail on Win 10: I'm using Windows Live Mail on Win 10. My Contacts (when I click "Contacts") are set up to show "last name", "First name" which is what I want. But, when I want to compose a new e-mail and click on the "To" or "Cc" box in the address section of a new e-mail to add a contact,...
  5. Win Live Mail Social Networks

in Browsers and Email
    Win Live Mail Social Networks: I am unable to delete contacts from Win Live Mail Social Networks. The delete button is grayed out. JN 22944
  6. Win 10 > Live mail> framework 3.5 problems...oh joy!

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 > Live mail> framework 3.5 problems...oh joy!: Hello there, After splashing out £100 on Win 10 and doing 3 (yes, that's right...3) clean installs, low and behold nothing much works. I had previously downgraded from a FREE win 10 installation 2 days ago only to find it messed up win 7 and I was snookered. So I bought...
  7. Windows Live Mail with Win 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail with Win 10?: I have been playing around with win 10 for a while now, first in a virtual machine but lately as a dual boot with Win 8.1. Now I am seriously thinking of making Win 10 my main OS. My question - with Win 8.1, I use Windows Live Mail, will this be supported under Win 10? TIA...
  8. Win Live MAIL problem

in Browsers and Email
    Win Live MAIL problem: I have a new laptop with Win10 installed and ever since downloading WinLive Mail, Win Live Mail has given me problems. It spends hours saying it is upgrading, I cannot get rid of it unless, I shut the laptop down and remove the battery. This is ridiculous. Anyone else with...
  9. Win 10 install crashed Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 install crashed Live Mail: Downloaded and installed Win 10. Live Mail would not open. Uninstalled Win 10 and reverted back to Win 7 so I could export contacts. All Live Mail files have been corrupted. Can not uninstall, repair, or reinstall Live Mail or Essentials. Trying to get contacts so I can...
  10. Windows live mail on Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows live mail on Win 10: Have just got laptop with Win 10 preinstalled . Found its mail program USELESS . No contacts etc etc . Decided to install Live mail . Downloaded the file from MS ( 2012 version ) hit install but it just sits there with blue circle going round and round . Can any one help me...