Windows 10: Win lock on startup problem

Discus and support Win lock on startup problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Please read all so as to not post a response that won’t cover all that I’ve done to my poor desktop.My daughter had been downloading skins on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jonathan2222, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Win lock on startup problem

Hello, Please read all so as to not post a response that won’t cover all that I’ve done to my poor desktop.My daughter had been downloading skins on Minecraft and our computer caught the “winlock” virus. I was trying to fix myself and now I get blue box saying put an operating system on hard drive. I purchased one of those autoboot disc from Amazon —. Here’s the problem…on startup the keyboard and mouse stop working so even though the disc says press a key to run, none of the keyboards keys or the mouse work as they are locked on startup. The keyboard and mouse both light up for a couple secon

:)

Jonathan2222, Sep 13, 2021

2. Win 10 lock-up problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance regarding the issue.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 13, 2021
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 13, 2021
  4. Win lock on startup problem

Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

Win lock on startup problem

1. Win lock on startup problem - Similar Threads - lock startup problem

2. Startup problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup problem: Why does my computer startup opens and gives this warning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-problem/8c0df548-1944-4c00-b14f-2b09f431f2eb
  3. STARTUP PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STARTUP PROBLEM: Legion 5-17ACH6H Laptop Lenovo - Type 82JYAfter reinstalling windows for fix corrupted audio, everytime i startup the laptop i always get stuck for a very long period in the loading screen, sometimes i have also graphic problems with some flitching of the mouse cursor.Please...
  4. Startup Problem - possibly Win 10 related?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup Problem - possibly Win 10 related?: Since three days ago, every time I restart (or start from cold) the laptop, I get a black screen with an error text message on a blue background. Looks like something related to BIOS, but I am a bit clueless when it comes to the nitty-gritty of hardware. The error message...
  5. win 10 startup issue locks up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 startup issue locks up: I downloaded a win 10 upgrade from win 7 32 bit but am having startup issues. I tried several avenues thru dos prompt and now i get a slow bootup but then it locks up. I cant do anything else but restart. Can you please help me fix this issue? I may be able to get back to dos...
  6. Startup problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup problem: I need to reinstall windows startup problem and can't get to initial menu but do not have a disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-problem/8445bddc-f389-4b19-a6ef-aac4c1fd7f1d
  7. Num Lock problem during startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Num Lock problem during startup: Hi All, I'm using Lenovo G500s Laptop for more than 6 Years. Whenever i turn on the laptop or restart it for the windows update, the laptop is getting stuck in Lenovo Logo with num lock button enabled in the keyboard automatically. During startup, the num lock button...
  8. Startup problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup problem: After the windows update on 15/7/18 my lenevo laptop got stuck on lenevo screen and it never go further.Before update everything was fine but after that everything is stopped....pls help ...my whole work has stopped.. My laptop is lenevo ideapad 100...
  9. Startup problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Startup problem: When i press power on the cpu fan and power led only work. No hdd led, no beep and no monitor display. Please help me, my work is pending. Pc specs... Asus p8h61m le 4gb ram 1tb hdd I5 cpu 51142
  10. Win 10 MSCONFIG limited startup has locked the computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 MSCONFIG limited startup has locked the computer: RE: Win 10 MSCONFIG locked up issue: I thought I was entering Safe Mode, but instead clicked on Limited Startup & rebooted. Now I cannot get to the normal Win 10 login screen, instead the screen only shows Power (Shutdown, Restart, Sleep) / Ease of Use / No Internet...