Windows 10: Win Media Keys App Switching

Discus and support Win Media Keys App Switching in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a problem with Windows Media keys and app switching. I've tried the whole Chrome extension, flags, services and I don't use Spotify.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sep7imo, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Sep7imo Win User

Win Media Keys App Switching

Hi,

I'm having a problem with Windows Media keys and app switching. I've tried the whole Chrome extension, flags, services and I don't use Spotify. The media keys work fine when I'm on iTunes but whenever I'm on another app they stop working. I'm trying to disable the media keys following the app I'm on so that no matter what I'm working on I can still play/pause next. It was working at one point and then it just stopped. The key's are worthless if I'm having to continually click on iTunes windows to use them.

:)

Sep7imo, Feb 11, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Feb 11, 2021
  4. csatennis Win User

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Win Media Keys App Switching - Similar Threads - Media Keys App

2. permanate switch function keys with media keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    permanate switch function keys with media keys: is there a way to make the function keys automaticly do the media function? i want to remove the need to press the fn key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanate-switch-function-keys-with-media-keys/55a044d4-f48a-43a5-93f2-2cc8c171ce92
  3. permanate switch function keys with media keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    permanate switch function keys with media keys: is there a way to make the function keys automaticly do the media function? i want to remove the need to press the fn key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanate-switch-function-keys-with-media-keys/55a044d4-f48a-43a5-93f2-2cc8c171ce92
  4. Is your Alt key and Win key on your keyboard with "Win" and "MacOS" switch swapped? Try This!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is your Alt key and Win key on your keyboard with "Win" and "MacOS" switch swapped? Try This!: Hey guys,The way I fixed this issue is to switch to MacOS if on Windows OS and switch back. Vise-versa for MacOS.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-your-alt-key-and-win-key-on-your-keyboard-with/3f70b02d-3692-4933-83cb-7a1654beca70
  5. Is your Alt key and Win key on your keyboard with "Win" and "MacOS" switch swapped? Try This!

Is your Alt key and Win key on your keyboard with "Win" and "MacOS" switch swapped? Try This!: Hey guys,The way I fixed this issue is to switch to MacOS if on Windows OS and switch back. Vise-versa for MacOS.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-your-alt-key-and-win-key-on-your-keyboard-with/3f70b02d-3692-4933-83cb-7a1654beca70
  6. Is your Alt key and Win key on your keyboard with "Win" and "MacOS" switch swapped? Try This!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Switch Account on Xbox App Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch Account on Xbox App Win 11: Hi whoever reads this,I'm trying to get my account on the Xbox app to be the same as my Xbox, cause I got game pass Ultimate. The issue is when I click sign out and sign in, it signs me back and two options show: switch account and let's play. When I click on switch account...
  8. Switch Account on Xbox App Win 11

Switch Account on Xbox App Win 11: Hi whoever reads this,I'm trying to get my account on the Xbox app to be the same as my Xbox, cause I got game pass Ultimate. The issue is when I click sign out and sign in, it signs me back and two options show: switch account and let's play. When I click on switch account...
  9. win 10 key and switch license to another computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 key and switch license to another computer: I am trying to uninstall win 10 pro retail from one machine and use it to upgrade the win 10 home on my laptop. The first machine is going to be decommissioned....
  10. Win key (close for apps?)

Win key (close for apps?): is there a way to close winkey for some programs and games? (like mame, dosbox) ctrl, alt, shift, z , x keys are close to winkey so if i wrongly push the win key my game window close to taskbar and i go to desktop thanks 164862