Windows 10: Win media player 12

Discus and support Win media player 12 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect media player via network to my Yamaha AV receiver. I'm told to go to "media share" settings in media player. I've looked at all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by alorcass, Sep 25, 2019.

1. alorcass Win User

Win media player 12

I'm trying to connect media player via network to my Yamaha AV receiver. I'm told to go to "media share" settings in media player. I've looked at all the settings I can find but not found it. Can anyone help?

:)

alorcass, Sep 25, 2019

2. Media player

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue further, we’d like to know the following:

• What is the version of your Windows Media Player?
    • Did you get any error message? If yes, kindly specify.
    In the meantime, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the
    Windows Media player
    . Here are the steps how to:

• Press Win button + R on your keyboard.
    • In the text box, type Control.
    • On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off option to see Windows Features window.
    • Expand Media Feature list, then uncheck Windows Media Player box. It will give a prompt message;
      this will also turn of Windows Media Center click yes as you will need
      to reinstall it after.
    • Reboot PC.
    • You need to reinstall Windows Media Player. Open Windows Features, tick the Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center, then install it from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Harry B Win User
    Media Player 12 on Windows 10 - Media Database

Answering your Questions :

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    Since converting to Win 10

• Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    Not to my knowledge

As of now I suggest you to run Windows Media player settings troubleshooter and check.

Ran Windows Media Player

Looked under every setting I count find, could not find Troubleshooter options

Follow the steps below:

• Type in the search bar Troubleshooting and from the search result select
      troubleshooting.
    Typing Troubleshooting in the Search Bar takes me to Windows Help

Win media player 12 f52d2c6a-fed0-4823-9d9d-89b99f7d58dd.jpg
    Gave
    up at this point and tried the link you mentioned lower down

I also suggest you to refer the link below and check if that helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/...yer-help=windows-8&v2h=win7tab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Applies to Windows 10)

This implies I should not be ripping the CD

But it finds a CD in the USA, which is not my Australian CD and it will rip a couple of tracks

My problem is changing the Media Database (my words) from USA to AUS.

I feel sure it used to be something I could do in XP (it was just too good) and Win 7.

Thanks

Harry

Senior Citizen.

Harry B, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Win media player 12

THRiLL KiLL, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Win media player 12

1. Win media player 12 - Similar Threads - media player

2. Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...: WIndows Media Player has lost virtually all of the Music files information it had. I have over 3,000 songs in my Music folder, which suddenly disappeared from WMP after a power glitch on my desktop. Now WMP shows all files as "0 bytes," shows no file information. I did have...
  3. Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...: WIndows Media Player has lost virtually all of the Music files information it had. I have over 3,000 songs in my Music folder, which suddenly disappeared from WMP after a power glitch on my desktop. Now WMP shows all files as "0 bytes," shows no file information. I did have...
  4. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  5. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  6. How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?: How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-windows-media-player-audio-to/dfda97ab-e307-4a5d-83b9-9b66cafd3601
  7. How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?

How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?: How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-windows-media-player-audio-to/dfda97ab-e307-4a5d-83b9-9b66cafd3601
  8. XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player: I purchased HEVC Video Extensions and I tried playing the 4k videos. It's not working.Is there anything I am missing.How to install HEVC Video Extensions in Windows media player to play the files.Please provide detailed steps to install and start playing the XAVCfiles...
  9. XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player

XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player: I purchased HEVC Video Extensions and I tried playing the 4k videos. It's not working.Is there anything I am missing.How to install HEVC Video Extensions in Windows media player to play the files.Please provide detailed steps to install and start playing the XAVCfiles...
  10. I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...: I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 6i and i have local media files with 7.1 channel audio, windows media player and films and tv app plays the audio as mute, i did not face the same problem with 2.1 or 5.1 audio channels, i have reinstalled both the apps and it still doesnt output any...