Windows 10: Win.old removal

Discus and support Win.old removal in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How is the best way to remove the win.old folder from my hard drive. It was created by upgrading from version 9841 to 9860 in windows 10 tech preview.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KY COLONEL, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Win.old removal

How is the best way to remove the win.old folder from my hard drive. It was created by upgrading from
    version 9841 to 9860 in windows 10 tech preview. *Huh

:)

KY COLONEL, Oct 23, 2014

2. Windows 10 defragmentation and optimization

(In disk cleanup the windows old file isn't called win.old. It is called "previous versions of Windows.")

Cbarnhorst, Oct 23, 2014
  3. GregOsNZ Win User
    Cannot restore previous OS due to user account

Want to roll back from 10 to 7, the error is Remove New Accounts

the account it references it the currently logged in account and there are no other user accounts on the computer.

there has been no new user accounts created, only the upgraded one exists and that is the one it wants me to remove.

It has the same folder name as the original W7 account in the win.old folder (NB it has spaces and a & sign in username and folder name, but on both the same, if thats an issue)

I tried this restore function from the troubleshooting boot mode aswell with similar result (error but no details).

How can I delete this account when it is the only account on the pc, and without losing files and settings??

Better if I can just resolve this issue rather than deleting the account though.

GregOsNZ, Oct 23, 2014
  4. Win.old removal

Type Disk Cleanup in the taskbar search
    Right click Disk Cleanup (in the resulting list), run as administrator
    tick all of the boxes
    (you should see preview or eval versions, previous versions, and windows update clean up) perhaps worded fifferently, but you'll know when you see them. I tick everything when I clean up - your machine, your choice on what to clean up.
    click OK

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Slartybart, Oct 23, 2014
  5. Yep that's what I did, and it removed the win.old files completely.. Thanks very much.

KY COLONEL, Oct 23, 2014
  6. You're welcome, glad you sorted it.

Bill

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win.old removal

1. Win.old removal - Similar Threads - old removal

2. can remove old linked PC under accounts /linked devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can remove old linked PC under accounts /linked devices: My online account its removed but still shows up on my PC as a linked to Microsoft account and cant remove. See image online acount gonebut still in PC settings...
  3. can remove old linked PC under accounts /linked devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can remove old linked PC under accounts /linked devices: My online account its removed but still shows up on my PC as a linked to Microsoft account and cant remove. See image online acount gonebut still in PC settings...
  4. How can I remove an old employee's log-in to Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove an old employee's log-in to Windows?: I am a new Director and our old Director's log-in is still in Windows, how do I keep the settings, but remove the old log-in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-an-old-employees-log-in-to/253e9b65-a9ed-4971-841d-2eb947d3e541
  5. How can I remove an old employee's log-in to Windows?

How can I remove an old employee's log-in to Windows?: I am a new Director and our old Director's log-in is still in Windows, how do I keep the settings, but remove the old log-in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-an-old-employees-log-in-to/253e9b65-a9ed-4971-841d-2eb947d3e541
  6. How can I remove an old employee's log-in to Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Unable to remove old workplace account from personal PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove old workplace account from personal PC: All advice I've seen to date is to open the Accounts page, select the account and click Disconnect. There is no option for this. There is a Manage option, however I no longer work for the company, so have no access to manage the account. A solution other than formatting the...
  8. Unable to remove old workplace account from personal PC

Unable to remove old workplace account from personal PC: All advice I've seen to date is to open the Accounts page, select the account and click Disconnect. There is no option for this. There is a Manage option, however I no longer work for the company, so have no access to manage the account. A solution other than formatting the...
  9. I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first: Hi, I cannot log on to my account because its sending the code to the lost number . can you please help me change the number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-remove-my-old-number-and-add-a-new/5b55e383-41e2-4dfd-b5fb-43e4589606cd
  10. I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first

I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first: Hi, I cannot log on to my account because its sending the code to the lost number . can you please help me change the number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-remove-my-old-number-and-add-a-new/5b55e383-41e2-4dfd-b5fb-43e4589606cd