Windows 10: Win OSK registry settings

Discus and support Win OSK registry settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Can I get a list of possible OSK registry flags? We are using it in a kiosk mode and I would like to disable/remove the OSK control panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mmmotion_, May 5, 2020.

1. mmmotion_ Win User

Win OSK registry settings

Hello,

Can I get a list of possible OSK registry flags?

We are using it in a kiosk mode and I would like to disable/remove the OSK control panel button and the win key we can disable this from the registry.

Basically, we only need it for the numpad - is there anything that we can do to only display that part?

Also, when the OSK opens, it briefly exits the kiosk mode and shows the taskbar, but I haven't been able to access anything on the taskbar, so this is not a huge issue.

Thank you in advance,

Marijan

:)

mmmotion_, May 5, 2020
  2. Paultx Win User

Two OSK's?

Today I needed to use the OSK and launched it from the taskbar context menu. While using it I found it plays a sound when I click on the keys, and I wanted to disable that sound. But I couldn't find how in its settings. So I went to the good old Control Panel, and there I found not only that the OSK is set to not play any sound, but that I have two OSK's!

OSK launched from taskbar

Win OSK registry settings [​IMG]

OSK launched from the Control Panel

Win OSK registry settings [​IMG]

Is that all right?

Oh, BTW, how to disable the sound in the first OSK, which is the only one to play it? TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 2004 19041.172

Paultx, May 23, 2020
  3. Co_Max Win User
    OSK (on screen Keyboard)

Hello again Joseph,

as I said the OSK will appear on computer boot, but if I close the it I will never again be able to open it, but if I run any program on administrator mode, the keyboard appears on pop-up as shown on my first post in this thread, that means it is not a service
    the problem but something that avoid the OSK to be displayed in my humble opinion.

I did everything what the video suggested, nothing works, except the registry part with the keys shown are not present in my computer.

Co_Max, May 23, 2020
  4. tmartin32 Win User

Windows 10 OSK Suggestions Pop-Up

How do I stop the OSK from displaying a top-three suggestions pop-up from floating over the text-input area? This is in addition to the suggestions offered on the OSK itself, and it's never done anything useful--usually the opposite. If I turn off suggestions,
    I don't get any suggestions at all.

There seems to be two different OSK's. One comes up when there's no attached keyboard (which I set in keyboard/typing options), and the other is available in accessibility options. There's no circumstance in which I want suggestions floating over the text-input
    area, and there's no consistent way to dismiss them when they're blocking my view.

I'd submit screenshots, but there's no print-screen key on the OSK.

tmartin32, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Win OSK registry settings - Similar Threads - OSK registry settings

2. In Windows 10 pro how to set OSK preferences ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 10 pro how to set OSK preferences ?: I am windows 10 pro touchscreen system user. I want to use only osk but when the keyboard pops up settings key and full screen keyboard options are available for user. I want only single mode keyboard and settings options should not be available to user. I find this on...
  3. In Windows 10 pro how to set OSK preferences ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 10 pro how to set OSK preferences ?: I am windows 10 pro touchscreen system user. I want to use only osk but when the keyboard pops up settings key and full screen keyboard options are available for user. I want only single mode keyboard and settings options should not be available to user. I find this on...
  4. Osk on Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Osk on Surface Pro 7: Hello,I've bought a new Surface Pro 7 and updatet it to Windows 11. I wanted to use my Surface without the keyboard and so i searched for the Osk, and here the trouble begin. The Osk does not open when you click into an input field. Like why this doesn't happen? I do not have...
  5. Resize Win 10 touch keyboard not OSK keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resize Win 10 touch keyboard not OSK keyboard: I came across the question and it was not fully answered . A solution that uses regedit is at https://silicophilic.com/resize-touch-screen-keyboard/?unapproved=4287&moderation-hash=ffbb6e0d0311c9969a4bde33b396e836#comment-4287...
  6. Win 10 On-Screen Keyboard registry settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 On-Screen Keyboard registry settings: Hello, Can I get a list of possible OSK registry flags? We are using it in a kiosk mode and I would like to disable/remove the OSK control panel button and the win key we can disable this from the registry. Basically, we only need it for the numpad - is there anything...
  7. Two OSK's?

in Windows 10 Support
    Two OSK's?: Today I needed to use the OSK and launched it from the taskbar context menu. While using it I found it plays a sound when I click on the keys, and I wanted to disable that sound. But I couldn't find how in its settings. So I went to the good old Control Panel, and there I...
  8. setting registry settings to default

in Cortana
    setting registry settings to default: I downloaded iobit advanced system care and CCleaner to get more storage but it made some changes to the Windows registry due to which, my search bar is displaying correct results. I tried searching for troubleshooting and add or remove a program, but no or incorrect result...
  9. Win 10 Registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Registry: What do I need to do to get a new, unaltered, clean registry? I think I have to do a Win 10 clean reload. Do I have to start with a completely clean hard drive (reformatted)? What is the process?...
  10. Cortana registry setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana registry setting?: Does anyone know where is Cortana's core/MAIN settings are in the registry? Thank you! 80773