Windows 10: win + print screen keys are no longer working to take a screen shot

Discus and support win + print screen keys are no longer working to take a screen shot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I did a complete disk cleanup yesterday, took all dang day, and now my screenshot short cut doesn't work. In Windows 10 when pressing the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by STACEESEVERINO, Sep 18, 2019.

1. win + print screen keys are no longer working to take a screen shot

I did a complete disk cleanup yesterday, took all dang day, and now my screenshot short cut doesn't work.

In Windows 10 when pressing the Windows logo key and the print screen key, it no longer dims and saves my screenshot. This is all after doing a complete disk cleanup.

How can I fix this, please?

:)

STACEESEVERINO, Sep 18, 2019

2. Screen Shot in Windows 10

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you referring to?
    • Are you facing any kind of issues with Windows?
    If you want to take a screen shot and save it as picture, I suggest you to check with the below steps.

To take a screen shot and save it as a picture

• Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact
      key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)
    Note: You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key.

• Click Start, click Accessories, and then click
      Paint.

• In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click
      Paste.

• When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click
      Save As.

• In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click
      Save.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Printing a screen shot

How to print screen shot; just want a listing of all files in a folder.

ThomasWylie, Sep 18, 2019
  4. gdallsk Win User

win + print screen keys are no longer working to take a screen shot

screen shot on Windows 10 OS

It's Win key + Print Screen

gdallsk, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

win + print screen keys are no longer working to take a screen shot

1. win + print screen keys are no longer working to take a screen shot - Similar Threads - print screen keys

2. Screen shots not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen shots not working: I'm on Windows 11. I'm trying to do screen shots. by pressing Print screen & alt, then pasting it on Paint, and it just not working. Any ideas ? ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots-not-working/fd160b04-165e-4f03-aba2-248e6e5147df
  3. View / Print Screen Shot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View / Print Screen Shot: After generating a screen shot think it goes to clip board I want to view it or print it.How do I go about doing either one of those?Thanks for any help with this.KEN...
  4. View / Print Screen Shot

View / Print Screen Shot: After generating a screen shot think it goes to clip board I want to view it or print it.How do I go about doing either one of those?Thanks for any help with this.KEN...
  5. View / Print Screen Shot

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Why isn't my screen shot Print Screen key working???

Why isn't my screen shot Print Screen key working???: My Screen shot key on keyboard= Print Screen was working ....now will not work ?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-my-screen-shot-print-screen-key-working/9e0cee78-022a-491f-bf2a-c98447f62e6f
  7. screen shot no longer works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen shot no longer works: My Windows 10 'Screen Shot' no longer works. I looked in Paint but the screen shot was not there nor was it in the 'Screenshot' folder that all my previous screenshots went to. Windows 10 is updated and has been restarted but nothing seems to help....
  8. The Key to Screen shots

The Key to Screen shots: Everyone likes or craves ease & simplicity. Screen shots can be done & handled by hitting PrtScn, that's it, that's all THEN, you can Paste (Ctrl+V) since it was auto-saved to Clipboard OR grab it from its saved file location in Screen shots folder whether on PC or in...
  9. Win key + Print Screen SystRq not always working to take and save screenshots.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win key + Print Screen SystRq not always working to take and save screenshots.: When I press Win key + Print Screen SystRq, sometimes no screenshots are getting saved to the screenshots folder. I remember when I was looking through the firefox's "show all history", I tried to take a screenshot by pressing Win key + Print Screen SystRq but no screenshot...
  10. Help with Taking a Screen Shot

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with Taking a Screen Shot: I've been trying for months now to take a screen shot on my laptop (Toshiba), but cannot figure out how to do it. I want to take the screenshot and then add it to my pictures. How do I do this. My old laptop was easy; just click on the screenshot button, bring up the app to...