Windows 10: Win Push Notification User Service Stopped Working error

Discus and support Win Push Notification User Service Stopped Working error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello there, I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this in but maybe someone has heard something about this error. I am getting a "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Snarkypuss, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Win Push Notification User Service Stopped Working error

Hello there, I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this in but maybe someone has heard something about this error. I am getting a "Windows Push Notificatons User Service has stopped working" error after restarting my PC and hitting the Start button for the first time.

I have tried the advice given in this thread here but it didn't seem to make a difference. Someone mentioned in that post that they think this issue is related to store applications connecting to Microsoft, and seems linked to the Start Menu. I can sorta back this up because the error began right after installing the Comodo Firewall and when I disable the firewall it doesn't happen. So I assume something is being blocked somewhere. Maybe there is some process I can whitelist in my firewall to make it work?

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

:)

Snarkypuss, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Windows Push Notification User Service always crashing

For the past week, I've continually found this critical error in my reliability monitor - Windows Push Notifications User Service stopped working. I have used sfc /scannow, chkdsk /f C: and DISM and they all
    have shown no problems. I have also done multiple virus/malware scans using my own software, online scans, windows defender and boot-time scans. Nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Source

Windows Push Notifications User Service

Summary

Stopped working

Date

‎9/‎3/‎2018 8:36 PM

Status

Report sent

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: svchost.exe_WpnUserService

Application Version: 10.0.17134.1

Application Timestamp: a38b9ab2

Fault Module Name: NotificationController.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.17134.165

Fault Module Timestamp: e0385185

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000000000007c686

OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 131e

Additional Information 2: 131e4d3e3364494a1732932b92af5e79

Additional Information 3: 0b85

Additional Information 4: 0b8516869f9db1bf0880a9105c4f0645

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: be254a719e16ec96997f1ad1f7895c7f (1837216662093913215)

SteveTrolman, Jan 13, 2019
  4. mosammey Win User

Win Push Notification User Service Stopped Working error

Push Notifications and Live Tiles Are Not Working... at all

Is there any way to get push notifications and live tiles to work without completely wiping my phone. These live tiles were listed as a "feature" and now it seems to be useless. I want to be able to use Spell It and AlphaJax, but both programs give
    me an error saying that there is an error with Microsoft's Push Notification service. I wiped my phone and installed all of my apps and I was able to see the notifications and live tiles, but after restored my phone to the pre-NoGo update the push notification
    error is still there.

When is a fix to be in place? I have the NoGo update already on my ATT Samsung Focus.

mosammey, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Win Push Notification User Service Stopped Working error

1. Win Push Notification User Service Stopped Working error - Similar Threads - Push Notification User

2. Windows Push Notifications User Service - High CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Push Notifications User Service - High CPU usage: Hi. For several weeks now, I have been having a problem with my laptop, running Windows 10 Home Edition, in that there is high amount of CPU usage, even when the computer is supposedly idling; so much so the cooling fans have to run all the time. When I look on Task...
  3. Windows Push Notifications User Service - High CPU usage

Windows Push Notifications User Service - High CPU usage: Hi. For several weeks now, I have been having a problem with my laptop, running Windows 10 Home Edition, in that there is high amount of CPU usage, even when the computer is supposedly idling; so much so the cooling fans have to run all the time. When I look on Task...
  4. service host: windows push notification user service

service host: windows push notification user service: greetings I notice that every couple of days the laptop becomes very slow and it hangs up, while its cooling van noise becomes very high and the laptop temperature becomes high, service host: windows push notification user service 10d367f4 consumes most of the ram 98%...
  5. Windows Push Notifications User Service has stopped working

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Push Notifications User Service has stopped working: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Sometimes, when you start your PC, Windows 10 throws up an error message bearing the following description – Windows Push Notifications User Service has stopped working or The Windows Push Notifications User Service terminated unexpectedly. If you face this...
  6. Windows push notifications user service

Windows push notifications user service: Please help All new pc parts : Motherboard : Asus prime H310M-A CPU : Intel i5 8400 RAM : G.Skill ( xmp to 2400mhz) PSU : cooler master 450w masterwatt except HDD : Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB SATA 6Gb/s Scanned with no bad sectors or errors All drivers up to date...
  7. Windows Push Notifications User Service (wpnuserservice) Constantly Crashing

Windows Push Notifications User Service (wpnuserservice) Constantly Crashing: Since 9/1/2018 (17 days ago) the wpnuserservice has been constantly crashing, causing all notifications not to come in. (notable symptoms include the focus assist button not working in the action center and visiting the focus assist page in the settings app causing the app...
  8. User Notification Service not working

User Notification Service not working: Recently, my Windows Push Notifications User Service (WpnUserService) went haywire. I am unsure of when it started happening, but the service keeps stopping and starting, restarting, and occasionally getting stuck on 'Stopping'. Manually starting the service doesn't fix this...
  9. Windows Push Notification User Service always crashing

Windows Push Notification User Service always crashing: For the past week, I've continually found this critical error in my reliability monitor - Windows Push Notifications User Service stopped working. I have used sfc /scannow, chkdsk /f C: and DISM and they all have shown no problems. I have also done multiple virus/malware...
  10. Windows Push Notification User Service stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Push Notification User Service stopped working: Constant critical event in Reliability Monitor. Seems to happen at boot. Anyone have any solutions? Faulting Application Path: c:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: svchost.exe_WpnUserService Application...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows push notification user services has stopped working

2. push notifications service stopped error solved