Windows 10: Win Server 2019 CAL license ?

Discus and support Win Server 2019 CAL license ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; To access Win Server 2016 can I use Win Server 2019 CAL license ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BhaveshPatel7, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Win Server 2019 CAL license ?

To access Win Server 2016 can I use Win Server 2019 CAL license ?

:)

BhaveshPatel7, Apr 25, 2019

2. Revoking all Device CAL licenses issue

Dears in Microsoft Support,

we have Windows Server 2012 with License Server activated on two Domain Controllers which they are working as Active/Standby.

We noticed that our client cannot get Device CAL license since all licenses are issued. We tried to revoke licenses but only 20% of licenses can be revoked and we need to wait till April 2019 in order to revoke more.

We need your support on the following:

1. How to revoke all issued Device CAL licenses on Windows 2012 License server?
    2. How to revoke specific issued license forcibility even we reach 20% of revoke scenario?
    3. How to change expiry date for issued licenses?
    4. Currently we have 20 Device CAL licenses, where 10 is installed on DC1 and 10 is installed on DC2. Is this standard Microsoft scenario when having two DC servers working as Active/Standby? Is there any possibility to install the same 20 CAL licenses
      on both DC1 and DC2 separately?

Really appreciate your kind feedbacks

Barznj Abdullah, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Transferring SQL Client Access Licenses from primary server to secondary server.

1. If we go with SQL Server + CAL base licensing . can we transfer SQL CALs from my primary server to secondary when my primary server fails or down ?
    2. If we go for SQL Server + CAL base licensing what all SQL CAL licenses need to be installed(need to buy) on primary and Secondary server. ?
    3. If we go for SQL Server Core Base licensing what all SQL licenses need to be installed(need to buy) on primary and Secondary server ?
    4. can we use SQL core base license as a primary and SQL CAL base license as secondary or vice versa ?

***Modified title from: SQL primary and secondary server***

sejalmaurya, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Win Server 2019 CAL license ?

TS RDS Device CAL license unbind device

Hi All,

I have issue on TS RDS cal license in Win 2008 R2 server.

Have procured few TS RDS Device CAL and configured in Win 2008 Server. Now few users are left and device is cleaned and remove few users dot not required to be access and i need to give another user access. But 10 license configured and always 4 to 5 users
    are connected not more than that. now issue is another user trying to connect it says unable to connect RDC check remote machine is ON and have access.

I need to cleanup of binded systems here which is not in use so that i can use that license to another device.

Please suggest

Regards,

Reddy

Reddyp_008, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Win Server 2019 CAL license ?

1. Win Server 2019 CAL license ? - Similar Threads - Server 2019 CAL

2. windows server CAL license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows server CAL license: 1.windows server 2022 standard license have how many user CAL?2.what is the use of user cal? in my domain i have 80 users and they can access network files without user CAL license?3.only folder sharing we use , really it need user CAL to access folder from server?...
  3. windows server CAL license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows server CAL license: 1.windows server 2022 standard license have how many user CAL?2.what is the use of user cal? in my domain i have 80 users and they can access network files without user CAL license?3.only folder sharing we use , really it need user CAL to access folder from server?...
  4. Window server 2019 CAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window server 2019 CAL: I have question regarding Window server 2019 CAL Can you help to enlighten me. FYI, i have 4X window server 2019 and 13X PC and NAS connected in a network no external internet connection. How many Device CAL do i need to buy ?*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. Window server 2019 CAL

Window server 2019 CAL: I have question regarding Window server 2019 CAL Can you help to enlighten me. FYI, i have 4X window server 2019 and 13X PC and NAS connected in a network no external internet connection. How many Device CAL do i need to buy ?*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Can I use Windows Server 2019 CALs instead of Exchange 2019 CALs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use Windows Server 2019 CALs instead of Exchange 2019 CALs?: Hello,Hoping someone can clear this up.Can I use Windows 2019 Server User CALs instead of Exchange Server 2019 CALs?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-windows-server-2019-cals-instead-of/f8183da7-cc63-4250-8fad-cbbc4e6e4b09
  7. Can I use Windows Server 2019 CALs instead of Exchange 2019 CALs?

Can I use Windows Server 2019 CALs instead of Exchange 2019 CALs?: Hello,Hoping someone can clear this up.Can I use Windows 2019 Server User CALs instead of Exchange Server 2019 CALs?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-windows-server-2019-cals-instead-of/f8183da7-cc63-4250-8fad-cbbc4e6e4b09
  8. CAL License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAL License: Hi There, Here I have a question regarding the CAL license. My organization has 100+ users and 60+ computers. I have a licensed Windows server and I wanted to manage my organization's user accounts and computers using an active directory. My question is do I really need a CAL...
  9. CAL License

CAL License: Hi There, Here I have a question regarding the CAL license. My organization has 100+ users and 60+ computers. I have a licensed Windows server and I wanted to manage my organization's user accounts and computers using an active directory. My question is do I really need a CAL...
  10. CAL Licensing, Windows 10 Enterprise accessing a Windows Server 2019 on LAN

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    CAL Licensing, Windows 10 Enterprise accessing a Windows Server 2019 on LAN: I intend on having two Windows Server 2019 systems in my organisation, which would be accessed by 16 laptops running Windows 10 Enterprise. The servers would be running WSUS, DHCP and DNS services, and would be accessed only over a LAN. I also want to have 12 Linux systems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will win server 2019 install over win 10

2. window server 2019 how to revoke license

3. windows 2019 rds users need windows cal?

4. windows 2019 server free licensing