Windows 10: Win Server 2019 file server, cannot find PDF's if windows search indexer enabled.

Discus and support Win Server 2019 file server, cannot find PDF's if windows search indexer enabled. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, We have Windows Server 2019 Standard as file server network share and Windows 10 workstations. When turn on Windows Search indexing it takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Seimari, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Seimari Win User

Win Server 2019 file server, cannot find PDF's if windows search indexer enabled.

Hello,

We have Windows Server 2019 Standard as file server network share and Windows 10 workstations.

When turn on Windows Search indexing it takes whole weekend to index I cant find any PDF's when searching with pdf filename.

Even if I go with File Explorer to directory where this pdf is and do the search, it cannot find anything.

This doesn't happen with excel or word files.

If i take indexer off, every search takes really long time but it finds PDF's.

I have done Rebuild index multiple times.

Today I did install Adobe PDF iFilter 9 for 64-bit platforms and also Adobe Acrobat Reader DC but i'll have to wait till friday to try again indexing.

I have also tried to set Indexing Options / Advanced Options / PDF file extension Index Properties and File Contents.

:)

Seimari, Sep 22, 2020

2. Print to PDF on Windows Server 2019

Hi,

Was anyone able to setup print to pdf on Windows Server 2019?

The option is not available on the list of Microsoft drivers.

I have checked Windows Features.

Marco Prinsloo, Sep 22, 2020
  3. EytanRait Win User
    Windows 10 v1909 does not search a network drive mapped to Windows Server 2016 UNC path

• All Windows 10 computers on this network can index local files. They have the most recent 1909 build.
    • Only local disks and libraries appear in the 'selected locations' list and there's no option in Indexing Options to add a new target to the list.
    • The Windows 2016 file server hosting the share has the Windows Search service installed. Indexing is complete with more than 658,000 items including the target share the end user wants to search.
    • A search for a string in the pdf file on the server yields the desired results
    • A search for a string in the pdf file name on the Win 10 v1909 workstation yields no results

How are people searching shared drives in business environments since the changes from earlier versions of Windows? How can I give my end-users complete search functionality?

EytanRait, Sep 22, 2020
  4. DavidY Win User

Win Server 2019 file server, cannot find PDF's if windows search indexer enabled.

Windows Search not indexing PDF files if using Adobe Reader

I thought I'd post this as an issue I came across today.

I noticed that the contents of PDF files were not showing up in Searches from File Explorer (and I guess Cortana).

I should be able to type in a word from a PDF file and, as long as the PDF file is in an indexed location, this should appear in search results.

It turns out that this is a problem which occurs when Adobe Reader is installed, apparently affecting x64 versions of Windows.

The search "iFilter" for PDFs gets broken, so the search doesn't index them. When looking in Indexing Options | Advanced | File Types, the entry for .pdf says "Registered iFilter is not found".

This seems to be the relevant page on Adobe's Knowledge base:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/p...0-install.html

Note that it says it's fixed in Adobe Reader 11.04, but I'm using a later version of Adobe Reader and still had the problem in Windows 10 x64.

DavidY, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Win Server 2019 file server, cannot find PDF's if windows search indexer enabled. - Similar Threads - Server 2019 file

2. Windows Server 2019 historical updates cannot search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2019 historical updates cannot search: Searching for some historical updates of Windows Server 2019, such as KB5008218, KB5015811, etc., on the Microsoft update website https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ does not yield any results. Directly linking from the knowledge base article to the manual download URL...
  3. Windows Server 2019 historical updates cannot search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2019 historical updates cannot search: Searching for some historical updates of Windows Server 2019, such as KB5008218, KB5015811, etc., on the Microsoft update website https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ does not yield any results. Directly linking from the knowledge base article to the manual download URL...
  4. Windows Server 2019 historical updates cannot search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows server 2019 file server backup server.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2019 file server backup server.: Hello,So basically I have a server running server 2019 dedicated for files and all the network drives / users home spaces etc. What I really want to do is get another server and set the new server up as a fail back. So, if there's any issues with the main server it will...
  6. Windows server 2019 file server backup server.

Windows server 2019 file server backup server.: Hello,So basically I have a server running server 2019 dedicated for files and all the network drives / users home spaces etc. What I really want to do is get another server and set the new server up as a fail back. So, if there's any issues with the main server it will...
  7. Indexing does not support XLS and XLSX files on Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing does not support XLS and XLSX files on Server 2019: I have a Server 2019 setup with about 1 TB in files and indexing is working, but it is missing the .xls and .xlsx file extensions in the indexing options, while it does included .doc and .docx. I have tried to add it manually, but that uses a plain text filter and that does...
  8. win server 2019 standard

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win server 2019 standard: win server 2019 server shared drive not able to access client win 10 system through showing error , but we able to access client system server throughScreen shot Attached...
  9. win server 2019 standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win server 2019 standard: win server 2019 server shared drive not able to access client win 10 system through showing error , but we able to access client system server throughScreen shot Attached...
  10. win server 2019 standard