Windows 10: Win Shift S doesnt work

Discus and support Win Shift S doesnt work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so hello. I tried to use windows + shift + s in my computer to take a selected screen capture, but lately it does not work. it showed yellow border in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lettuce912, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Win Shift S doesnt work

so hello. I tried to use windows + shift + s in my computer to take a selected screen capture, but lately it does not work. it showed yellow border in my whole windows. I have tried those internet tips but still does not help.

submitted by /u/Lettuce912
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lettuce912, Dec 19, 2020

2. WIn + space stopped working for me...

While CTRL + win + Space or Shift + win + space do work. What is funny is that when i press win + space it works like I only pressed space.

Win button is working for sure, checked it

Languages list is showing when ctrl or shiift is additionally pressed

Any suggestions?

ИванРоманчук, Dec 19, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Win Shift S doesnt work

windows10 apps don't work

Hi Michael,

We would suggest you to try the steps from the link

Settings doesnt launch or launches the store

or

Try this workaround

• Open an Elevated Powershell prompt by pressing the Windows Key, typing Powershell, then pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • Paste the following command into Powershell and execute it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Also, we suggest you to run this command and check.

• Press Win + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt(Admin).
    • Type or copy, paste the command in the command prompt DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Win Shift S doesnt work

1. Win Shift S doesnt work - Similar Threads - Shift doesnt

2. Windows + Shift + Arrow Stretches Screen Across All Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows + Shift + Arrow Stretches Screen Across All Monitors: When I hit the keyboard shortcut combination mentioned above. Windows will stretch the application I want to move "from one monitor to another " across both monitors. I want to know how I can have this work normally again like the keyboard shortcut from Microsoft says it is...
  3. Windows + Shift + Arrow Stretches Screen Across All Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows + Shift + Arrow Stretches Screen Across All Monitors: When I hit the keyboard shortcut combination mentioned above. Windows will stretch the application I want to move "from one monitor to another " across both monitors. I want to know how I can have this work normally again like the keyboard shortcut from Microsoft says it is...
  4. Windows + Shift + Arrow Stretches Screen Across All Monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop keyboard left shift along with this 2 keys1 and A doesnt work but same keys works...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keyboard left shift along with this 2 keys1 and A doesnt work but same keys works...: My laptop keyboard left shift along with this 2 keys1 and A doesnt work but same keys works fine with the right shift. like whenever typing if i want first letter to be caps it wont type caps A all other word would be typed in caps with the left shift only A & 1 wouldnt be...
  6. My laptop keyboard left shift along with this 2 keys1 and A doesnt work but same keys works...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard left shift along with this 2 keys1 and A doesnt work but same keys works...: My laptop keyboard left shift along with this 2 keys1 and A doesnt work but same keys works fine with the right shift. like whenever typing if i want first letter to be caps it wont type caps A all other word would be typed in caps with the left shift only A & 1 wouldnt be...
  7. My laptop keyboard left shift along with this 2 keys1 and A doesnt work but same keys works...

8. Win key+Shift+S doesnt open snips anymore until restarting explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win key+Shift+S doesnt open snips anymore until restarting explorer.exe: Recently this week I was trying to grab a snip and nothing was coming up. I manually went to the search bar to bring up Snipping tool, and that wasnt there either. I had to redownload that. Now it seems to only work once or twice, then breaks again. To get it back I can...
  9. Win key+Shift+S doesnt open snips anymore until restarting explorer.exe

Win key+Shift+S doesnt open snips anymore until restarting explorer.exe: Recently this week I was trying to grab a snip and nothing was coming up. I manually went to the search bar to bring up Snipping tool, and that wasnt there either. I had to redownload that. Now it seems to only work once or twice, then breaks again. To get it back I can...
  10. shift+e and shift+/ (question mark) doesnt work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shift+e and shift+/ (question mark) doesnt work: Hi, I have just noticed that pressing Shift+e does nothing. if i hold the shift and quickly press 'e' few times then I will get dialog 'sticky keys'. How can i solve this. I killed most of my apps and still have the problem :( here is all cobination of Shift+my keyboard:...