Windows 10: Win + shift + s Screenshot tool freezes on editing

Discus and support Win + shift + s Screenshot tool freezes on editing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, on my Lenovo Thinkpad E595 I have the problem. If I use Windows + shift + s to take a screenshot it freezes my whole pc when editing. What do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/martin-bndr, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Win + shift + s Screenshot tool freezes on editing

Hello,
    on my Lenovo Thinkpad E595 I have the problem.
    If I use Windows + shift + s to take a screenshot it freezes my whole pc when editing.
    What do I exactly mean?
    If I use these hotkeys to activate the screenshot tool. I mak the area I want to have in my screenshot.
    Everything fine.
    Its in the clipboard and I can use it for everything like pasting it for sending it to someone.
    But
    If I use the notification to edit the screenshot. Marking up some things then my windows often freezes.
    Sometimes I here beep sounds on my headset and then its freezed.
    Then I need to hard restart my Laptop.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Sometimes I use the old snipping tool instead but thats not a good solution
    because I really like the new tool.

Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro
    Version: 20H2
    Build 19042.867

submitted by /u/martin-bndr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/martin-bndr, Apr 15, 2021

2. PC FREEZE after taking a SCREENSHOT with Win+Shift+S

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the PC freeze when you try to take a screenshot using Win+Shift+S key.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the make and model of the Graphics card device installed?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows key + X key, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Scroll and expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the listed driver and click on
      Uninstall.
    4. Now check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Click on Uninstall.
    6. Restart the PC and install the latest driver from manufacturer website.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Trietch Win User
    PC FREEZE after taking a SCREENSHOT with Win+Shift+S

Thank you for your reply.

My PC is a custom build :

CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

RAM : 16GB GSKill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ

Motherboard : ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming

GPU : AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

I have done your instructions and my pc is still freezing after a Win+Shift+S screenshot.

NB : It's not freezing when i take a screenshot with PrtScn

NB2 : It was still freezing when no GPU driver was installed.

NB3 : It's still freezing with the GPU driver up-to-date or even at old versions.

Trietch, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Trietch Win User

Win + shift + s Screenshot tool freezes on editing

PC FREEZE after taking a SCREENSHOT with Win+Shift+S

Hello,

since two or three months, every time i take a screenshot with Win+Shift+S, my PC freeze for 1 to 5 seconds (the sound still go on and i can move the mouse but everything else is static). The freeze duration seems to increment over time.

Feel free to ask me questions about my configuration, i don't really know what you need to help me. Windows is up to date (1909) and i have lots of free spaces on my disks.

Thanks !

Trietch, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Win + shift + s Screenshot tool freezes on editing

1. Win + shift + s Screenshot tool freezes on editing - Similar Threads - shift Screenshot tool

2. screenshot tool, print screen, and win shift s doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screenshot tool, print screen, and win shift s doesn't work: When I tried to take a screenshot it did not work. so then, i used print screen. still didn't work. tried snipping tool. didn't open, There was just a "working in background" with a blue loading next to my mouse. i already reset my pc. It still didn't work. I recently factory...
  3. screenshot tool, print screen, and win shift s doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screenshot tool, print screen, and win shift s doesn't work: When I tried to take a screenshot it did not work. so then, i used print screen. still didn't work. tried snipping tool. didn't open, There was just a "working in background" with a blue loading next to my mouse. i already reset my pc. It still didn't work. I recently factory...
  4. Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?: Update to Locked threadSnipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location?answered by @PCR Just PCRMy path is different When Saving ScreenshotsUsing Win + Shift + sThe Temp Folder Path for me isPath...
  5. Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?: Update to Locked threadSnipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location?answered by @PCR Just PCRMy path is different When Saving ScreenshotsUsing Win + Shift + sThe Temp Folder Path for me isPath...
  6. Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Win+shift+s screenshot tool no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win+shift+s screenshot tool no longer working: About a month ago I found out about this keystroke to take screenshots that would then be put on my clipboard so I could paste them easily and started using it all the time. Now whenever I try to screen shot it just stops for a second and then doesn't copy it to my clipboard....
  8. PC FREEZE after taking a SCREENSHOT with Win+Shift+S

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC FREEZE after taking a SCREENSHOT with Win+Shift+S: Hello, since two or three months, every time i take a screenshot with Win+Shift+S, my PC freeze for 1 to 5 seconds the sound still go on and i can move the mouse but everything else is static. The freeze duration seems to increment over time. Feel free to ask me questions...
  9. win + shift + s freez

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win + shift + s freez: hello ms team, recently I met a new feature of windows 10, push (win + shift + s) to experience new snipping tool, it was working perfectly till yesterday, when I press these buttons and select the area I want, the screen hangs, my computer is still working, I mean I can...
  10. Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?: When I took a screenshot, Windows told me I wanted to try: WIN + Shift + S So, I did. But, where is this screenshot other than the clipboard? I can paste directly into OneNote, or whatever image program, but I don't want that. I want a timestamped screenshot or the...