Windows 10: Win + Shift +S snip changes dimensions

Discus and support Win + Shift +S snip changes dimensions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want my snip to have the same dimensions/resolution as the original area which isn't the case. At 100% zoom it is still about 2x the size than the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Caetharo, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Win + Shift +S snip changes dimensions

I want my snip to have the same dimensions/resolution as the original area which isn't the case.

At 100% zoom it is still about 2x the size than the original capture.

Example done in Illustrator: https://imgur.com/a/MFyXNTr (original square to the left, screenshot to the right, zoom 100%).

The more I zoom out, the smaller the screenshot gets in comparison to the original area when pasted to the point where it will eventually become smaller.

My display resolution is matching that of my 4k monitor (3840 x 2160).

submitted by /u/Caetharo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Caetharo, Nov 5, 2020
  2. Gen Test Win User

Automatically open Snip & Sketch editor after using snipping tool with Win+Shift+S

You can open the Snip & Sketch app directly in "new" mode by right-clicking the app (on either the Start Menu App List, on the pinned tile, or on the Task Bar) and select "Take a new snip" from the Jump List menu.

The Clipboard History feature (October 2018 update) will save and list all items sent to the clipboard, including any snips. These items can then be accessed through Win+V. The hotkey will also take you to the setup for Clipboard History if the feature is not enabled.

As for your other concerns, I am not sure of how to open editor automatically after sniping using the hotkeys. But the following information could be of use.

If you take a snip using Shift+Win+S, the Snip & Sketch App's notification should be accessible at the top of the Action/Notification Center side bar even if there's no pop-up. The Notification Center can be accessed through Win+A or through the Notification icon at the end of the task bar (Windows Tips). Clicking on the Snip & Sketch's notification there will launch the editor with the latest snip.

You could thus use Shift+Win+S for a snip, then Win+A and click on the notification to launch editing.

Gen Test, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Folder Dimensions Preserved

I suggest that you edit your post, including its title, to explain exactly what you mean.

Folders do not have dimensions.

Perhaps a screenshot would be the best means of explaining the problem.

A basic guide to using the Snipping tool - TenForums
    Take a screenshot- TenForumsTutorials
    Take a screen snip with Snip and Sketch - TenForumsTutorials

How to upload and post screenshots and files - TenForumsTutorials
    How to remove a screenshot or image from a TenForums post - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Other useful screenhot-related links for future reference. Just select the appropriate tool for any particular job.

Steps Recorder - TenForumsTutorials

and for photos How to tidy up computer screen photo - TenForums

How to post a screenshot of Disk management - TenForumsTutorials

Try3, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Jade92918 Win User

Win + Shift +S snip changes dimensions

Windows 10, Win + Shift + S not functioning properly

Update, I just discovered that win + right shift + s = snip and sketch, left shift + s = Snipping tool. How do I turn off snipping tool on left shift + s, and make win + left shift + s do the same as right shift? Thank you in advance for any advice!

Jade92918, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Win + Shift +S snip changes dimensions

1. Win + Shift +S snip changes dimensions - Similar Threads - Shift snip changes

2. win shift S .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win shift S .: 10 . prtsc win shift S . . . ip mapping . . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%ED%99%94%EB%A9%B4%EC%BA%A1%EC%B3%90%EB%82%98-win/8299e0a5-b36a-4cd3-8a45-c4c757d20c3d
  3. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.: I reinstalled Windows 10 because couldn't find a solution for this problem, after clean installing windows 10 the app Snip & Sketch worked perfectly for weeks but then I mistakenly updated the app in the windows app store. I wanted to update skype not the snip & sketch app...
  4. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.: I reinstalled Windows 10 because couldn't find a solution for this problem, after clean installing windows 10 the app Snip & Sketch worked perfectly for weeks but then I mistakenly updated the app in the windows app store. I wanted to update skype not the snip & sketch app...
  5. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Change Win + Shift + S default Snip & Sketch key bind?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Win + Shift + S default Snip & Sketch key bind?: I was wondering if it's possible to change this default keybind. I use it a lot but the Win key gets in the way of my gaming and I'm planning on disabling the key. I tried creating a shortcut for Snip & Sketch but it only works when not playing a game (on the desktop), and I...
  7. Win+Shift+S stops working Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win+Shift+S stops working Snip & Sketch: After 4-5 successful screenshots the Win+Shift+S shortcuts stops working. It is so convenient to use it, please help! It happened just after upgrade of Windows 10 to "Windows 10 May 2020 Update" Event Viewer in Polish, but English version has the same fields: Opis Ścieżka...
  8. Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s)

Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s): Hello everyone. As mentioned I have a problem with the snipping tool shortcut. To be more precise: It generally seems to work and I get the overlay (white screen and I can cut. However after letting the mouse button go it just disappears and nothing happens. So basically...
  9. How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)?: Hi, I would like to know how to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool, which is performed by pressing the windows key + Shift + S. Note: I'm not looking to disable all hotkeys, but only the one I mentioned. 128305
  10. Snipping Tool Win+Shift+S not taking capture and saving.

Snipping Tool Win+Shift+S not taking capture and saving.: I have noticed that on 2 out of 3 computers with Windows 10, when using the snipping function that the cross will come up and the the area selected will show where I create the clipping but will not save the selected area. I have used it with another computer and have...