Windows 10: Win Update 1903 won't save to external drive

Discus and support Win Update 1903 won't save to external drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been attempting to update to Win 1903 and the pop up box for selecting the external drive does not appear as in the Windows instruction video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PerriMink, Aug 27, 2019.

1. PerriMink Win User

Win Update 1903 won't save to external drive

I've been attempting to update to Win 1903 and the pop up box for selecting the external drive does not appear as in the Windows instruction video where after you free up space you install your external drive, such as a USB drive, then click on the "Continue" button. The pop up on my pc doesn't have that "Continue" button and keeps staying stagnant and the choice is the "Next" button to proceed again with freeing up space, then after freeing up space the selection is to go "Back" and again there is no "Continue" to and no Updating to the external drive. For a while the troubleshooter came up with a "Not fixed" issue and again I launched the "Troubleshooter" for Updates and now that issue is fixed, but the 1903 Update still won't update. How can I get the pop up that will allow me to complete the update to my external drive?

:)

PerriMink, Aug 27, 2019

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 27, 2019
  3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Win Update 1903 won't save to external drive [​IMG]

4. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Win Update 1903 won't save to external drive [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Win Update 1903 won't save to external drive - Similar Threads - Update 1903 won't

2. External Drive won't be Recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Drive won't be Recognised: My external drive is not being recognised in File Explorer and in Disk Management. The disk gets power from the computer and in the Device Manager the disk can be seen connected....
  3. Win 10 File History won't save Documents or Pictures to USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 File History won't save Documents or Pictures to USB drive: Documents and Pictures are too big to save on the Cloud, so they reside on my C: drive. OneDrive is still installed, but I don't use it. When I set the Backup options, it says Documents and Pictures on my C: drive will be saved, and the ones on OneDrive will be excluded. But...
  4. Win-10, version 1903 won't download

Win-10, version 1903 won't download: Microsoft search tool stopped working and had to use Google to search internet. Got message that I needed version 1903 of Win-10 but couldn't download because of a compatibility issue with Intel RST driver. My driver is version 15.2.1.1028 and they recommend 15.5.2.1054 or...
  5. 1903 update for Win 10?

1903 update for Win 10?: I thought windows automatically updated as needed. Why must I Schedule an update to 1903 when I see so many comments about problems after updating? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1903-update-for-win-10/839c6fbe-4026-4c8f-b6f4-0d995399b0f2
  6. win 10 update 1903

win 10 update 1903: update 1903 blocks most downloading on my computer. Can't download files from email, can't download *.pdf files, can"t down load video's. Tried restoring to previous version date , but am forced to "update" to 1903 when machine is shut down. Problem returns. Says I have...
  7. Saving a Video to External Hard Drive

Saving a Video to External Hard Drive: I have many video that I made in the past and are saved under "Videos" But, now Windows 10 is using a Video Editor programme within photos, I have made a video as a Titled Video Project there but cannot integrate it with all my previous Videos or transfer it to the hard...
  8. Win 10 Themes won't "save"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Themes won't "save": Just replaced amother bricked MoBo and am back fighting Msft issues again. Solved this one last June but in the new build it has again reared its ugly head. A saved Theme will not "save." Yes I know we are not supposed to need a save button but something is overwriting my...
  9. How to auto save on an external hard drive

How to auto save on an external hard drive: I have bought a 1 Tb Seagate external hard drive to auto back up my hard drive every hour. I have normally been able to manually back up folders and files to an external hard drive, but for some reason I cannot get the Seagate to start working to automate the backup every...
  10. Win 10 update - external hard drive unrecognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 update - external hard drive unrecognized: Hello, I hope someone can help me. Microsoft just updated the Win 10 installation on my main computer and now my WD My Passport 4TB hard drive is not recognized. It shows as "Local Disk (H*Smile" in Windows Explorer, and in Disk Management it shows as being empty and the file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update windows by using an external hard drive

2. windows 1903 update damaged hard drive

3. insert external drive after 1903 update

4. windows 10 update wont save to usb or external drive,
  5. window 1903 update wont use the external drive