Windows 10: Win Update borked my BDXL Mdisc

Discus and support Win Update borked my BDXL Mdisc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Talk about pissed off. Windows did an update a couple of days ago and ruined my pioneer's settings. While i agree it should not have, but it did. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dean1_958, Oct 1, 2018.

1. dean1_958 Win User

Win Update borked my BDXL Mdisc

Talk about pissed off. Windows did an update a couple of days ago and ruined my pioneer's settings. While i agree it should not have, but it did. I had just had my BDXL MDisc in my computer. Later I did the update ( yes disc had been removed from the drive) anyway.. next day I put the disc back in and windows can't read it. Every time i put it in it asks for a disc. I have another program that can read the total size.. shows 88gb's are written but no access to those files. Unable to format. windows itself can't see that info. MICROSOFT!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY CLUE AS TO HOW EXPENSIVE THESE DISC'S ARE?? I kept getting "page fault in nonpaged area stop code" after the windows update every time i tried to use the disk drive

IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA OF HOW TO GET THIS DISK WORKING AGAIN WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Power2go by cyberlink knows there is 88gb's written to file, but it can;t see the files themselves... I need this disk reusable again. thought i found a program called imgburn, web site says it can work with layers but the hoster downloaded crap in the background and i immediately had to do a restore before any damage could be done. ( it turned off all kinds of rights on the system and i got a nice message from windows they were now disabled and unable to undo).

I know it is possible , Even if i end up loosing the data, I would like to if need be reset the disc

:)

dean1_958, Oct 1, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Win Update borked my BDXL Mdisc :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 1, 2018
  3. trymeout Win User
    Unable To Read And Write 100GB MDisc With LG Drive

Hello,

I just bought the following LG Disc drive and MDiscs on Amazon (Links below) and it came with a disc with software on not. I was able to rip and burn a CD before I installed the software disc and after but I am unable to burn a MDisc. When I insert a MDisc to the drive it will think it is not in the drive and when I try to burn something to it it ejects and asks me to insert a disc. I tried using other MDiscs since the MDiscs I got came in a pack of five and the same thing happens. On YouTube many people use IMGBurn to burn their discs and I had not luck with any burning software. Any help will be most appreciated.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B011PIJPOC/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/LG-Electronics...keywords=mdisc

trymeout, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Win Update borked my BDXL Mdisc

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Win Update borked my BDXL Mdisc

1. Win Update borked my BDXL Mdisc - Similar Threads - Update borked BDXL

2. Chrome borked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome borked: I fire up my laptop this AM to start work as chrome is brokenthankfully I had an installer o a USB stickI naturally accuse Redmond of being over zealous and shoving Edge down everyone's throat...
  3. Chrome borked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome borked: I fire up my laptop this AM to start work as chrome is brokenthankfully I had an installer o a USB stickI naturally accuse Redmond of being over zealous and shoving Edge down everyone's throat...
  4. Windows 11 22H2 Update Borks PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 Update Borks PC: This is a copy of a recent post I did on the LTT forums on Saturday, which got no traction. The DxDiag and msinfo32 are both hosted on LMG's website.My main problem is the 22H2 issue. I have had multiple bad experiences with this feature update, which is why, after rolling...
  5. Windows 11 22H2 Update Borks PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 Update Borks PC: This is a copy of a recent post I did on the LTT forums on Saturday, which got no traction. The DxDiag and msinfo32 are both hosted on LMG's website.My main problem is the 22H2 issue. I have had multiple bad experiences with this feature update, which is why, after rolling...
  6. think ive borked my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    think ive borked my pc: I tried factory restoring my computer, done it plenty of times. For some reason it wouldn't start back up properly. I've tried the installation disk and going through the repair, the command prompt chkdsk/f/r X:driveletter. a friend of mine was saying something about the...
  7. Windows Update "1903" borking sign in screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update "1903" borking sign in screen: After Windows 10 "1903" update in august, the sign in screen kept flashing around to notifications, sign in box, other places, but never staying long enough to sign in. After Microsoft help to start in safe and restore previous update everything was back to normal. Now it...
  8. Windows updates bork my mapped NAS drive connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows updates bork my mapped NAS drive connections: for months, every time windows updates, i lose access to my mapped NAS drives ("network path was not found. connection has not been restored"). so, i uninstall the update every week, but this is a pain, and probably hurts security. i just had my second support session with...
  9. Windows 10 borked after updating

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 borked after updating: Hello all, I have an old laptop, aGateway MX6959. I have windows 10 installed on this machine and it runs great on Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.2212). After updating to any version since this build, my computer is messed up and a lot of stuff doesn't work. The internet does...
  10. Bitdefender Install Borked It???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitdefender Install Borked It???: I've been getting BSOD's periodically ever since installing a trial version of Bit Defender last Sunday. Going back with a pre-install restore point did not help. Tried that again today, but the restore failed and all the restore point files were gone after reboot. I've also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bdxl mdisc is noe working after windows update