Windows 10: Win Update: “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service."

Discus and support Win Update: “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For the past few days when checking for updates it fails and I get this message. “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TMWGray, Jan 31, 2019.

1. TMWGray Win User

Win Update: “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service."

For the past few days when checking for updates it fails and I get this message.

“Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work make sure you’re connected to the internet”.

There is no fault reference number just that message.

I have Retried several time ensuring I am connected to the internet when updating but still get the same message.

I have run a full scan with Win Security and I have also run Update Troubleshooter which did not find any problems.

Spec is Win 10 Pro, version 1809, OS build 17763.292. There is 364 GB of free space on the hard drive.

Any thing else I can try?

TMWGray

:)

TMWGray, Jan 31, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Win Update: “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service." :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 31, 2019
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Win Update: “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service."

Win Bench

New Updates
    Win Bench: 2.0.6.1
    Updater: 1.0.4.0

Been sure to update the updater first...

New Updater:
    Shows A List Of Fixes For Win Bench

Checks Files, If Anything is missing or corrupt it will download it (May have a few issues still)

CrackerJack, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Win Update: “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service."

1. Win Update: “Error Encountered. We couldn’t connect to the update service." - Similar Threads - Update “Error Encountered

2. Windows Update won't connect - "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update won't connect - "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again...: I'm using Win 10 Pro and am unable to check for updates. Doing so gives the following error:"We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work, make sure that you’re connected to the Internet." Clicking Retry...
  3. Windows Update won't connect - "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update won't connect - "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again...: I'm using Win 10 Pro and am unable to check for updates. Doing so gives the following error:"We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work, make sure that you’re connected to the Internet." Clicking Retry...
  4. Windows Update won't connect - "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 update error encountered: we couldn't connect to the update service

Windows 10 update error encountered: we couldn't connect to the update service: I am stuck in Windows 10 with:I have run the Windows Update troubleshooter which finds everything fine except under Detection where it advises to search NET HELPMSG 2182:I have not found any useful instructions typing this message into Google.I have updated Windows to the...
  6. Computer won’t update with the notice, we couldn’t connect to the update service

Computer won’t update with the notice, we couldn’t connect to the update service: My computer won’t update and it is really taking a toll on the surface pro getting only 5fps on minecraft when I usually get 100fps due to me not getting important fixes. It keeps giving me the same notice every time I press retry and yes I am on the internet. Also could the...
  7. We couldn’t connect to the update service

We couldn’t connect to the update service: When i try to check for updates it just shows: We couldn’t connect to the update service. (While i can manually download KB's just fine) Its a new pc build and windows install. Running windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.253. I'v only got 5 hotfixes installed atm....
  8. Windows Update -> Error encountered -> We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try...

Windows Update -> Error encountered -> We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try...: My PCs are experiencing this error after receiving the Windows 1809 update. The PC were updated since: 1. PC #1 = 20 Jan 2019 2. PC #3 = 20 Jan 2019 3. PC #2 = 28 Jan 2019 The PCs are protected by Bidefender Total Security and Malwarebytes. Despite disabling these...
  9. My PC will not connect to the update service. Error message reads "Error encountered. We...

My PC will not connect to the update service. Error message reads "Error encountered. We...: My PC wrongly filed an "Antivirus Definition Update" in the "Other Updates" section on 30th January 2019. Since then if I try to search for available updates I receive the message "Error encountered. We couldn't connect to the update service". Can I do anything or is this a...
  10. We couldn’t connect to the update service in Windows 10

We couldn’t connect to the update service in Windows 10: Hi there I have a problem with 2 of my laptops both windows 10,makes are fujitsu and acer , I tried to update it last night and got the following error message.. We could connect to the update service we'll try again later or you can check now.. I can connect to the Internet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update error encountered we could not

2. error encountered We couldnt connect to the update service

3. windows error encountered could not connect

4. error encountered: could not connect to the update service,
  5. error encountered we couldnt connect to the,
  6. windows update error encountered we couldnt connect to the update service,
  7. windows update error encountered connecto to the update service,
  8. windows update error encountered we could connect