Windows 10: Win Update & Mouse Controls

Discus and support Win Update & Mouse Controls in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; in the past week my mouse has been showing a lack of right click. I have tried two different mice same effect. I was redoing a web page and using right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by elbmek, Jan 31, 2019.

1. elbmek Win User

Win Update & Mouse Controls

in the past week my mouse has been showing a lack of right click. I have tried two different mice same effect. I was redoing a web page and using right click, copy, new page, post - right click takes quite a while to activate. Is an update to blame as it was fine before thursday last week???

:)

elbmek, Jan 31, 2019

2. Windows Update - Lost Mouse Control

Option 1 - General troubleshooting steps

1. Try a different USB port

2. In case of wireless mouse, pair it again with the computer

3. In case of wireless mouse, check if batteries are not weak.

Option 2 - Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Type Control in Windows Start Search box

Click Control Panel

Click Troubleshooting > View all

Select Hardware and Device

Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter

Option 3: Update mouse driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start)

Click Device Manager

Expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices

Right click on the mouse listed there (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Update Driver Software

Click Browse my computer for driver software

Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Choose the driver

Click Next to update

If this does not work, select Search automatically for the updated driver in place of Browse my computer for driver software

Restart your computer

Option 4: Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the Mouse's manufacturer or computer's manufacturer

See if some driver is released for your model and OS

If yes, download that

In Option 2, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall

Install the downloaded driver

Restart your computer

Option 5: Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Device Manager

Right click on the mouse listed there

Click Properties

Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

Andre Da Costa, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Windows Update - Lost Mouse Control

Option 1 - General troubleshooting steps

1. Try a different USB port

2. In case of wireless mouse, pair it again with the computer

3. In case of wireless mouse, check if batteries are not weak.

Option 2 - Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Type Control in Windows Start Search box

Click Control Panel

Click Troubleshooting > View all

Select Hardware and Device

Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter

Option 3: Update mouse driver

Click Device Manager

Right click on the mouse listed there (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Update Driver Software

Click Browse my computer for driver software

Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Choose the driver

Click Next to update

If this does not work, select Search automatically for the updated driver in place of Browse my computer for driver software

Restart your computer

Option 4: Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the Mouse's manufacturer or computer's manufacturer

See if some driver is released for your model and OS

If yes, download that

In Option 2, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall

Install the downloaded driver

Restart your computer

Option 5: Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Device Manager

Right click on the mouse listed there

Click Properties

Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

E for Excel, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Win Update & Mouse Controls

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Win Update & Mouse Controls

1. Win Update & Mouse Controls - Similar Threads - Update Mouse Controls

2. joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor: how do i disable the joystick on my controller from controlling the mouse? yesterday it was fine and all of a sudden this is happening please help...
  3. joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor: how do i disable the joystick on my controller from controlling the mouse? yesterday it was fine and all of a sudden this is happening please help...
  4. joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. mouse control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse control: When scrolling, cursor returns to its original position on my screen I would like the cursor to remain where I choose https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-control/6088177b-ec42-4186-aa18-5db9dddd6f7e
  6. mouse control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse control: When scrolling, cursor returns to its original position on my screen I would like the cursor to remain where I choose https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-control/6088177b-ec42-4186-aa18-5db9dddd6f7e
  7. Mouse control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse control: I have trouble controlling my mouse pointer. It`s either slow or frozen, and hard to control. Changed batteries - no improvement. Has run a complete virusscan several times - no virus. Has anybody got a suggestion of a solution that will cure my mouse :- Kurt, Denmark...
  8. Mouse Controls

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Controls: I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. I find no way to hit "apply" after daily adjusting the mouse control to 5. How do I set this once so I don't have to redo the same task daily?...
  9. Control of mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Control of mouse: In the last few days I have started to encounter issues with my mouse that is consistent with using both my external, Bluetooth mouse from logitech but also with the built in mouse pad on my keyboard for my Surface. It will suddenly become all erratic and disappear, usually...
  10. Win Update - Mouse cursor corrupt

in Windows 10 Support
    Win Update - Mouse cursor corrupt: Windows was requiring an update, so I let windows run the update, and a restart was required. After the restart several things did not load, or load properly. 1. First thing I noticed is, I never liked a simple white mouse cursor, so I use a yellow cursor, that worked in...