Windows 10: Win Update - Mouse cursor corrupt

Discus and support Win Update - Mouse cursor corrupt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows was requiring an update, so I let windows run the update, and a restart was required. After the restart several things did not load, or load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HC1Gunner, Aug 8, 2015.

1. HC1Gunner Win User

Win Update - Mouse cursor corrupt

Windows was requiring an update, so I let windows run the update, and a restart was required. After the restart several things did not load, or load properly.
    1. First thing I noticed is, I never liked a simple white mouse cursor, so I use a yellow cursor, that worked in Win, 7, 8.1, and 10. After the reboot my cursor was messed up graphically, it stead of being the normal yellow, it was white with black artifacts in it.

2. Something on the network side did not load as I had not access to the internet.

3. Base filtering engine did not load, along with some other services.

I did a restart and the network and services came back, but my cursor was still messed up. I then removed those cursors from windows, and then replaced them with the originals, did a cold boot, but they mouse cursor still loads with as barely seeable white with artifacts in it.

Until that update and required restart, I had no issues.

Problem Solved

:)

HC1Gunner, Aug 8, 2015
  2. jerryG114 Win User

windows 10 stroke/mouse input issue

I updated from Win 7 to Win 10 on my Lenovo T420 and now I am having a severe input/keyboard/mouse issue.

It appears that the cursor is randomly clicking on windows, maximize, minimize, opening, changing the cursor place..

it almost looks like a virus is at work but I have my computer scanned with various software tools (avira, maleware bytes..) and I cannot detect any virus.

When I unplug my mouse the same issue is active so it's not my mouse.

Is someone else having this issue after updating to Win 10 (i never had issues in windows 7)

Thanks.

jerryG114, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Mouse cursor image corruption?

Hi Anthony,

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a) Press Windows and X key together and select
    Control Panel.

b) Click on Troubleshooting.

c) Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

d) Click on Hardware and Devices
    option.

e) Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

I suggest you to install the latest version of mouse and other device drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

You may also install available Windows Updates and see if it makes any difference.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Win Update - Mouse cursor corrupt

1. Win Update - Mouse cursor corrupt - Similar Threads - Update Mouse cursor

2. Win 10, Mouse Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10, Mouse Cursor: Hallo, how I can change the color (from whilte t0 black) and perhaps the form of Mouse-Pointer under win 10? 175165
  3. Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted: Hi, Recently I noticed that I am not able to change my cursor. I went to personalize>Themes>Mouse cursor. When I clicked on "Mouse cursor" this error message pops up. I remembered that at the first day when I bought my PC I used to change my cursor into black. But no such...
  4. corrupt mouse cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    corrupt mouse cursor: Every day my cursor would go to the top of my screen and start shaking. Sometimes a white box would go around it. And other times the cursor won't show but looks like I am touching the screen even though I'm not. Every time I try to move it with my mouse it won't move out of...
  5. Lost mouse cursor with corrupted drivers

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost mouse cursor with corrupted drivers: Lost mouse cursor and also have error message on access to one drive. Have tried removing mouse drivers, but on restart no success. Do I need to make a restoration disk?...
  6. Windows 10 corrupting mouse cursor graphics on random occasions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 corrupting mouse cursor graphics on random occasions.: Hardware is a nvidia 2070 equipped laptop. Latest drivers. The problem is that the cursor sprite(texture) gets corrupted. this leads the different cursor states being all corrupted more or less(the position indicator cursor is an offset arrow and some states are just...
  7. Corrupted Mouse Cursor Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Mouse Cursor Win10: Every few days or so my mouse cursor will behave oddly in the sense that Windows will choose the wrong cursor. For example, on the desktop the cursor will change from the pointing hand, to the spinning wheel, to the scroll arrows, etc. I can still click everything, but the...
  8. Mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor: So this happened recently and I have spent all day trying to figure it out! My mouse cursor is constantly blinking with that hourglass symbol next to it signifying its "working in the background" I have researched it a ton and cant fix it myself. From what I've gathered there...
  9. mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse cursor: My cursor shows up on some pages, but it does not show up on Google pages. This just started this morning. How can I get the cursor to show up on my Google pages?...
  10. Mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor: For some reason the mouse cursor now changes to horizontal bar with arrow at each end when hovering over highligted words, I much prefer the cursor to remain an arrow head, how do stop this horizontal bar occurring? I have tried changing the pointer but whatever pointer is...