Windows 10: win update problems

Discus and support win update problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; while trying to update....following msgs shows for last few weeks. Updates have been resumed so we are checking for updates to keep your machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RadheshMenon, Oct 15, 2018.

1. win update problems

while trying to update....following msgs shows for last few weeks.

Updates have been resumed so we are checking for updates to keep your machine current with the latest security and quality updates before you can pause updates again

:)

RadheshMenon, Oct 15, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 15, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond win update problems :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 15, 2018
  4. DonWyman Win User

win update problems

Win 10 build 10240 to Threshold 2 update problem on 16G tablet

Thanks, that is a very comprehensive list of suggestions. However, I have done almost all of the steps you've listed...except uninstalling the apps. Even if I deleted virtually all my installed apps (most were installed on the D drive anyway, except for the ones that would only install on C), it may leave just barely enough room to get to the 5G needed for the install...but then where would I be.....an operating system running on a tablet, with hardly any apps on it....an anchor! The problem with apparently no answer is WinSxS!

It seems that even though Win 10 will install and run on the small little 16G tablets, they can not be updated over a period of time as the Windows and WinSxS folder continue to grow out of bounds. Thus leaving a 16G C drive device fairly useless for any useful purpose. The only option (it appears), is to do a fresh reformat and install, with every new Win 10 upgrade down the line, thus starting with a small WinSxS each time, instead of one that balloons with every program install and software upgrade.

Any other ideas, greatly accepted....thanks all!

DonWyman, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

win update problems

1. win update problems - Similar Threads - update problems

2. Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...: Hello Everybody,In the past four months, I've tried over and over again, all the things I know, to solve this issue of a certain update not getting installedsince2024-01" Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 "Every time, Win10 downloads...
  3. Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...: Hello Everybody,In the past four months, I've tried over and over again, all the things I know, to solve this issue of a certain update not getting installedsince2024-01" Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 "Every time, Win10 downloads...
  4. Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update Problem / Errors with Powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Problem / Errors with Powershell: I was trying to fix the downloader with code someone posted on another QnA and it did this and now I'm worried my pc completely broken. Any help would be a life saver!...
  6. Windows Update Problem / Errors with Powershell

Windows Update Problem / Errors with Powershell: I was trying to fix the downloader with code someone posted on another QnA and it did this and now I'm worried my pc completely broken. Any help would be a life saver!...
  7. Windows Update problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update problem: I was wating for a windows 11 update but I didn't got one all of my friends got one but I didn't but this specific day I got an update but it just took a second and it was at 8% and then it logged in and I saw command prompt opend with something written on it and it just...
  8. Windows Update problem

Windows Update problem: I was wating for a windows 11 update but I didn't got one all of my friends got one but I didn't but this specific day I got an update but it just took a second and it was at 8% and then it logged in and I saw command prompt opend with something written on it and it just...
  9. 100% disk usage problem started on my laptop since latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage problem started on my laptop since latest windows update: Ever since the most recent Windows update, my laptop has been experiencing issues with lagging, shuttering, freezing at random times, and running extremely slowly due to Disk usage 100%. I am unable to open any programs and it takes a long time for the laptop to start up. I...
  10. 100% disk usage problem started on my laptop since latest windows update

100% disk usage problem started on my laptop since latest windows update: Ever since the most recent Windows update, my laptop has been experiencing issues with lagging, shuttering, freezing at random times, and running extremely slowly due to Disk usage 100%. I am unable to open any programs and it takes a long time for the laptop to start up. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Updates have been resumed so we are checking for updates to keep your machine current with the latest security and quality updates before you can pause updates again.