Windows 10: WIN updated 3/22, Outlook won't open today

Discus and support WIN updated 3/22, Outlook won't open today in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Running WIN 10, Office 365 Home. Turned on laptop this morning, Outlook didn't open. No error message - I click on icon and nothing happens. I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by D RW, Mar 23, 2019.

1. D RW Win User

WIN updated 3/22, Outlook won't open today

Running WIN 10, Office 365 Home.

Turned on laptop this morning, Outlook didn't open. No error message - I click on icon and nothing happens. I click on Windows icon in lower left, type in Outlook, and search just hangs. I try to open Outlook.exe, just hangs.

Checked event viewer under System- Windows installed an update last night. One repeated error message here says "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID." A repeated message that started last night says "The mcbootdelaystartsvc MMS Service failed to start due to the following error. The system cannot find the file specified." And an error message under Application log says "The program SystemSettings.exe version 10.0.17134.112 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed."

Just so you know my expertise level, it was a total guess to check the Event Viewer - I really don't know what I'm doing there!

I noticed several other weird things, like I can't find the Control Panel to open it, and when I try to open an Excel document, I get "Not Responding." I opened a Word document with no problem.

Any advice?

Debbie RW

:)

2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

WIN updated 3/22, Outlook won't open today [​IMG]

3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

WIN updated 3/22, Outlook won't open today [​IMG]

4. CuFc 1960 Win User

Win 10 all of a sudden open programs won`t minimise or maximise

Hi

I haven`t made any changes ..so probably a Windows update...previously with any running programs I could left click the icon in the taskbar and it would maximise and minimise...not now...also I can`t right click on desktop?? I also notice when I click on start I have these 3 `new` icons on top left of desktop...exted..pinned tiles..all apps...I never saw this before and it`s not on any of my other Win 10 pc`s (none of which have the issues described) Any suggestions gratefully received.
    Thanks

CuFc 1960, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

1. WIN updated 3/22, Outlook won't open today - Similar Threads - updated Outlook won't

2. Outlook Mail won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook Mail won't open: The last few days, the application does not open on my laptop, I restarted the app twice to see if the problem was solved but nothing. Any solution?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail-wont-open/83db6c02-c062-4282-b220-308f0db0fbf9
  3. outlook won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook won't open: This morning when I tried to open Outlook, it would not open. I have rebooted at least twice and it still won't open. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-wont-open/43ef8cb3-730f-4f3a-8f41-99310e726fd4
  4. Outlook won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook won't open: Microsoft downloaded an update to my computer last night. Today, I can't get into Outlook, though can get into all other Office products. No error message is showing up...Outlook just will not open. Any suggestions as to what might have happened? Thank you!...
  5. Outlook Emails Won't Open

Outlook Emails Won't Open: Hello, For the past month, every time I click on an email in Outlook to open it the email will not open and I get the following error: " Your message cannot be displayed right now". I am currently using a MacBook Air on Safari and have tried several other browsers with no...
  6. Outlook 365 won't open today. What's going on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook 365 won't open today. What's going on?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/oreiz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f51gf9/outlook_365_wont_open_today_whats_going_on/
  7. Outlook won't open

Outlook won't open: I added another email to my outlook and when I went to get back in to Outlook after restarting the computer (Windows 10) the following message appears. I have tried starting in safe mode and I still get the same message. I have run repair through my settings and I still...
  8. outlook 2013 won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook 2013 won't open: 09/07/2018: Issues downloading to Outlook. Took to Store tech yesterday. Unfortunately, we turned desktop on, activated Outlook and send/receive mail worked great. took home. Today, receiving following error: Need resolution. Hate to cart heavy desktop back to...
  9. Win 10 update today?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 update today?: I had a big update today .. I am now on this version (see included screen shot) Is this the latest version of Win10 Pro 64-bit? [img] 56091
  10. Today's Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Today's Win 10 update: My laptop has just updated as per below ... is this the latest update? [img] 38878