Windows 10: Win+V key shortcut overridden, now shows "Default" or "All Desktops"

Discus and support Win+V key shortcut overridden, now shows "Default" or "All Desktops" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 (2004, but same on previous versions) and something I installed when I was building my PC has hijacked the Windows Win+V... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andrewilley, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Win+V key shortcut overridden, now shows "Default" or "All Desktops"

I'm running Windows 10 (2004, but same on previous versions) and something I installed when I was building my PC has hijacked the Windows Win+V keyboard shortcut for accessing multiple clipboards. Instead of seeing the expected clipboard history, I get a dark-grey large-font text overlay showing the word "Default" and then next time "All Desktops" in the middle of the active monitor.

I thought it probably came from something like the Radeon graphics card software, as it looks like that sort of an overlay, but I've turned all the shortcuts that I can find in there off. Clipboard History is turned on, and I don't use multiple desktops anyway.

Does this ring any bells with anyone? Google has found nothing. Thanks.

Andre

:)

andrewilley, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Isabel Win User

Shortcuts Winkey+V for notification doesn't work

According to the shortcut keys list, Winkey+V can Cycle
    through notifications.
    There is a lot of notifications in my action center, but there is no reaction after press Winkey+V on desktop or Winkey+A first then Winkey+V.
    I have no idea how this shortcut key works.

Isabel, Oct 24, 2020
  3. shortcut key

Hi Devanshu,

To get a shortcut key for the calculator, go to your desktop and then follow these steps for Windows 10

1. Open the start menu

2. Navigate to calculator in the apps list on the left hand side of the start menu

3. Click and drag the calculator app to your desktop

4. Right-click on calculator and open properties

5. In properties there should be an option to add a shortcut key

ArmadilloHead02, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Win+V key shortcut overridden, now shows "Default" or "All Desktops"

How do I get a shortcut app or icon to desktop from microsoft edge such as club pogo

Hi Pat Ruble,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

You may create shortcut in desktop. Follow the below steps.

• Open the desktop, right click on empty area on desktop and click on
      New->Shortcut.

• Enter the url which you have copied from the Microsoft EDGE in the
      Type the location of the item text box. (Open the EDGE browser, copy the URL which you need to create the shortcut on desktop by pressing CTRL + C keys on the keyboard and paste it in the text box as suggested in the step 2 by pasting the URL
      by pressing CTRL + V keys on the keyboard)

• Click on Next button and then click on
      Finish
      button.

• Now the shortcut will be created on desktop.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Win+V key shortcut overridden, now shows "Default" or "All Desktops"

1. Win+V key shortcut overridden, now shows "Default" or "All Desktops" - Similar Threads - Win+V key shortcut

2. Win + V shortcut customization?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win + V shortcut customization?: Win + V is a wonderful shortcut for clipboard history, but one problem I have is that the most recently pasted item is not brought back to the top of the list. Does anyone know how I can change this? submitted by /u/DogBallsMissing [link] [comments]...
  3. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop: I have multiple desktop shortcuts on my desktop, but not all of them are showing up in the windows file explorer folder view.I have enabled hidden folders, and have rebooted both the computer and file explorer multiple times.Image: https://ibb.co/n3df39p...
  4. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop: I have multiple desktop shortcuts on my desktop, but not all of them are showing up in the windows file explorer folder view.I have enabled hidden folders, and have rebooted both the computer and file explorer multiple times.Image: https://ibb.co/n3df39p...
  5. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Explorer Not Showing All Desktop w/ Shortcuts Problem!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer Not Showing All Desktop w/ Shortcuts Problem!: Normally on Windows 10, when I click 'Explorer' icon it shows files/folders but no shortcuts on my Desktop View! So I'm checking to see how to change this so I see my complete Desktop view of icons, just so I know what's there and not hidden in Explorer! What I found is that...
  7. GTA V shortcut disappeared on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V shortcut disappeared on the desktop?: Hello The shortcut for GTA V has disappeared from the desktop, where can I find it again. I cannot start the GTAV.exe. I'm hoping someone can help me. GTA V Verknüpfung auf dem Desktop verschwunden?
  8. Application .exe icon being overridden by shortcuts icon.

Application .exe icon being overridden by shortcuts icon.: Hello, I have a WPF application which take different command line arguments to start in different modes. I have create two shortcuts for my application executable taking different arguments and having different shortcut icons which are embedded as Win32 resource in...
  9. Win-C & Win-V Shortcuts Possible?

Win-C & Win-V Shortcuts Possible?: Is it possible to create shortcuts (for example in Word and Chrome) to use Window key & C to copy and Windows Key and V to paste? How would I do it? And yes, I could use Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V but I would like to add this because I use both a Mac and Windows, so copy and paste...
  10. Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut: I have a shortcut on the desktop. If you double click on it, it runs the target program just fine. Under 'properties' I have tried assigning various shortcut keys like Ctrl+Alt+N and none of them work. I have also deleted and recreated the desktop shortcut with no luck....