Windows 10: Win + W shortcut doesn't work anymore

Discus and support Win + W shortcut doesn't work anymore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time, I used to press Win + W, select Snip & Sketch and begin drawing on my screen capture, but now, for some reason, this shortcut doesn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jheam Storch Ross, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Win + W shortcut doesn't work anymore

Every time, I used to press Win + W, select Snip & Sketch and begin drawing on my screen capture, but now, for some reason, this shortcut doesn't work. If I press Win + W, the pop-up doesn't appear anymore, my Windows Explorer freezes I can't open the Start menu, Settings, Action Center, use Ctrl + Tab, shortcut Win + Tab and it only works again if I go in the Task Manager and restart it.

Can someone help me? At the moment I've tried to reset the Snip & Sketch app but it didn't work.

:)

Jheam Storch Ross, Apr 15, 2021

2. Windows key+Home shortcut doesn´t work anymore - How to restore?

Background:

I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro (1909) on my HP Z440 Workstation and did notice that Win+Home don´t work anym****0 Home (1909) to test if it has been removed from 1909 but Win+Home do work on my laptop. My lapt****.

So, i decided to d****909) on my HP Workstation. Then i tested to open Edge at fullscreen and then launch Notepad and Win+Home does not work this time either. The expected result would have been that since Notepad was the active window a Win+Home should
    have minimized Edge. This test was done directly after the install, so no other third party apps had been installed.

According to this list updated on Jan 8 2020 Win+Home should work: Keyboard shortcuts in Windows

Question:

How do i get Win+Home back?

I have used it a lot during the years and miss it...

Misc.

• I have tested another keyboard t****n+H**** other keyboard shortcuts work as expected, such as Win+X, Win+E, Win+R, Win+D, Win+D, Win+M, etc, etc.

Computer: HP Z440 Workstation

Keyboard Settings: Swedish

Keyboard:
    Logitech G512

Win + W shortcut doesn't work anymore a2dfb137-ac44-4855-b80d-90156cdc912b?upload=true.png

* Original title: Win+Home don´t work anymore - How to restore?

RogerRc1362, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Win + W shortcut doesn't work anymore [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Apr 15, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Win + W shortcut doesn't work anymore

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Win + W shortcut doesn't work anymore [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Win + W shortcut doesn't work anymore

1. Win + W shortcut doesn't work anymore - Similar Threads - shortcut doesn't anymore

2. Fn+W shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn+W shortcut not working: I have a Razer BlackWidow V3Tenkeyless, and I want to switch WASD and arrow keys for gaming,but when I press Fn on my keyboard,it lights up the F1,F2,F3,FF,F6,F7,F9,F10,F11,F12 and Pause keys, and i cannot use other Fn shortcuts, and Razers software says that the Fn key...
  3. Fn+W shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn+W shortcut not working: I have a Razer BlackWidow V3Tenkeyless, and I want to switch WASD and arrow keys for gaming,but when I press Fn on my keyboard,it lights up the F1,F2,F3,FF,F6,F7,F9,F10,F11,F12 and Pause keys, and i cannot use other Fn shortcuts, and Razers software says that the Fn key...
  4. Fn+W shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ctrl + W doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl + W doesn't work: I've had an issue for a while where using ctrl+w won't close a tab.My problem began with that being the shortcut to the GameBar for some reason, and I couldn't change it, but I fixed it and now it does nothing.This goes for Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and any other...
  6. win+shift+s screenshot shortcut not working anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win+shift+s screenshot shortcut not working anymore?: title, not that computer savvy so i was wondering if anybody could help me out with this. tried resetting snip and sketch in apps and feature because an online page said to do that but it isn't working submitted by /u/Abstractings [link] [comments]...
  7. The 'Win' key on my keyboard doesn't work anymore

The 'Win' key on my keyboard doesn't work anymore: Hello everybody, I have a direct yet maybe not simple question. I'm using Windows 10 with a Cooler Master SK621 keyboard. Yesterday, out of nowhere, the 'Win' key on my keyboard stopped working. The actual key works, but it's not recognized as the 'Win' button'. I googled...
  8. win+w doesn't work and causes Windows Explorer to restart.

win+w doesn't work and causes Windows Explorer to restart.: when i try to press winkey+w my laptop gets some kind of a lags for a moment and then the Windows Explorer process gets restarted. anyone is familiar with this problem? submitted by /u/ADHD_Learning [link] [comments]...
  9. Win+tab shortcut doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win+tab shortcut doesn't work: Hi everyone, On my windows 10 "win+tab" shortcut doesn't work nor activity visualization button on the windows bar. However, if I create new desktop with ctrl+win+D combination it works. What is the problem? How I can fix it? Thanks, Francesco [Moved from It-It to...
  10. Win+X doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Win+X doesn't work anymore: pressing Win+X doesn't show the power user menu for me anymore. right clicking Start button doesn't work either, but when I do it, the mouse cursor jumps several pixels up and to the right. I did sfc /scannow and it didn't fix the issue. does anyone know how to fix it?...