Windows 10: Win X - Folders there but keyboard shortcuts not working.

Discus and support Win X - Folders there but keyboard shortcuts not working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, forum newby here. I've searched high and low for a solution to this problem to no avail. I'm hoping someone on here can point me in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DickiePhitt, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Win X - Folders there but keyboard shortcuts not working.

Hi everyone, forum newby here. I've searched high and low for a solution to this problem to no avail. I'm hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction without recourse to major surgery. I'm relatively PC literate but have only recently come to Win 8.1 and now Win 10 having bought a new laptop - HP Spectre 360 i5-5200 CPU, 4GB SSD - and not clogging it up with spurious files & programs like my trusty desktop machine.

About a month ago, when still running Win 8.1, I realised that the WinX shortcut/right click option to bring up the 'power user' menu had ceased working. This appeared to be a simple fix, according to the on-line community, and caused by the WinX folder in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX" being missing/corrupted. However in my case the WinX folder is present & populated. Its the same for all usernames in user folder.
    Somewhere else I picked up that another program might have been installed which has high-jacked the WinX command. Well I have only installed a couple of reputable and well-used non-MS programs and they work fine on my Win10 desktop PC.
    I hoped that moving from Win 8.1 to Win 10 might resolve the issue but there is no change - WinX or right-clicking the corner flag refuses to fire up the 'power user' menu.

So here I am now out of options for restoring the WinX shortcut functions. Any ideas anyone?

:)

DickiePhitt, Nov 13, 2015

2. windows 10 update 1607

Do keyboard shortcuts WIN+X, WIN+R, WIN+S and WIN+E
    work?

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 13, 2015
  3. How do I get into my control panel?

Select the keyboard shortcut Win+X , Control Panel. Other useful keyboard shortcuts are
    Win+S and Win+R.

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 13, 2015
Thema:

Win X - Folders there but keyboard shortcuts not working.

1. Win X - Folders there but keyboard shortcuts not working. - Similar Threads - Folders keyboard shortcuts

2. Some Keyboard Shortcut Combinations is not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Keyboard Shortcut Combinations is not Working: Good day! I updated my laptop to the latest build of Windows 10. I noticed that some of the keyboard combinations are not working ( RShift+Left Arrow, RCTRL+RShift+Left/Right Arrow ). It will work if I use LShift/RShift+Right Arrow and LCTRL+LShift/RShift+Right Arrow....
  3. Keyboard shortcut not working correctly. Help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard shortcut not working correctly. Help?: On past Windows computers I have frequently used Alt + F4 to close my current activity. That shortcut is still shown in the list of keyboard shortcuts, but when I use it rather than closing anything it just shows the volume slider bar. Help?...
  4. CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working: I have recently discovered that whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts (i.e. ctrl + C, ctrl + Z, etc.) with my LEFT control key, nothing happens. Instead, it will just type the letter I tried to use in the shortcut. So if I try to copy, it will enter a C. This is only...
  5. The options in WIN + X is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    The options in WIN + X is not working: When we press WIN + X key we will get set of option on the start menu, like disk management, control panel etc..... so when i click those options nothing works. Like when i click control panel, it dosent opens up. Shortcuts are not usefull anymore. Help me with this guys. I...
  6. Windows + R keyboard shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows + R keyboard shortcut not working: So the windows key + r shortcut isn't working after update 9926. I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design. Everyone else seeing this ? Thanks 4140
  7. Win+X doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Win+X doesn't work anymore: pressing Win+X doesn't show the power user menu for me anymore. right clicking Start button doesn't work either, but when I do it, the mouse cursor jumps several pixels up and to the right. I did sfc /scannow and it didn't fix the issue. does anyone know how to fix it?...
  8. Some keyboard shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Some keyboard shortcuts not working: I have a new Windows 10 desktop machine & like to use keyboard shortcuts to launch programs & folders. Some of them work & some don't. Some work some of the time. I saw some old threads on this, & tried some of their suggestions, like disabling Services/Superfetch & some...
  9. Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10: I upgraded Win 8.1 to 10x64 on my Surface Pro 2. Now, when I press the End key in Explorer, nothing happens. I am not taken to the last file in the file view pane. In Excel 2010, Ctrl-Home minimizes my worksheet instead of taking me to Cell A1. I restored Win 8.1, but the...
  10. Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard shortcuts: Hello Ladies & Gentlemen, I've been reading tutorials on keyboard navigation, as I'd like to learn to navigate Windows 10 without a mouse, and while I've mastered a few commands I'd like to know how to de-select highlighted text after CTRL-A has been pressed. I've pressed...