Windows 10: Win X - Folders there but keyboard shortcuts not working.

Discus and support Win X - Folders there but keyboard shortcuts not working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, forum newby here. I've searched high and low for a solution to this problem to no avail. I'm hoping someone on here can point me in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DickiePhitt, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Win X - Folders there but keyboard shortcuts not working.

Hi everyone, forum newby here. I've searched high and low for a solution to this problem to no avail. I'm hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction without recourse to major surgery. I'm relatively PC literate but have only recently come to Win 8.1 and now Win 10 having bought a new laptop - HP Spectre 360 i5-5200 CPU, 4GB SSD - and not clogging it up with spurious files & programs like my trusty desktop machine.

About a month ago, when still running Win 8.1, I realised that the WinX shortcut/right click option to bring up the 'power user' menu had ceased working. This appeared to be a simple fix, according to the on-line community, and caused by the WinX folder in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX" being missing/corrupted. However in my case the WinX folder is present & populated. Its the same for all usernames in user folder.
    Somewhere else I picked up that another program might have been installed which has high-jacked the WinX command. Well I have only installed a couple of reputable and well-used non-MS programs and they work fine on my Win10 desktop PC.
    I hoped that moving from Win 8.1 to Win 10 might resolve the issue but there is no change - WinX or right-clicking the corner flag refuses to fire up the 'power user' menu.

So here I am now out of options for restoring the WinX shortcut functions. Any ideas anyone?

:)

DickiePhitt, Nov 13, 2015

2. windows 10 update 1607

Do keyboard shortcuts WIN+X, WIN+R, WIN+S and WIN+E
    work?

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 13, 2015
  3. How do I get into my control panel?

Select the keyboard shortcut Win+X , Control Panel. Other useful keyboard shortcuts are
    Win+S and Win+R.

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 13, 2015
Thema:

Win X - Folders there but keyboard shortcuts not working.

1. Win X - Folders there but keyboard shortcuts not working. - Similar Threads - Folders keyboard shortcuts

2. Win + K keyboard shortcut not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Win + K keyboard shortcut not working in Windows 11: [IMG]If the Win + K keyboard shortcut is not working in Windows 11, then this post will help you. The Win + K key combination opens the Cast Screen menu, allowing users to connect to wireless displays and other peripherals. But recently, some users have complained that...
  3. Keyboard shortcut not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcut not working.: I am unable to switch between list and icons using keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+6 & other shortcuts like this, actually all other shortcuts are working just fine. Execpt these view switch shortcuts.Kindly help as it is a important for me as I have to use it in my everyday...
  4. Keyboard shortcut not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcut not working.: I am unable to switch between list and icons using keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+6 & other shortcuts like this, actually all other shortcuts are working just fine. Execpt these view switch shortcuts.Kindly help as it is a important for me as I have to use it in my everyday...
  5. keyboard shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard shortcuts not working: Looking for keyboard shortcuts for diacriticals, either in ENG INTL or in Deutsch/German. Bing's list has instructions for combos, apostrophe=acute accent works, but comma=cedilla and colon=umlaut do nothing. What is the correct shortcut to use without keying in a code each...
  6. Ctrl+X keyboard shortcut not working on Windows 10 when trying to cut a FOLDER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ctrl+X keyboard shortcut not working on Windows 10 when trying to cut a FOLDER: In File Explorer: Ctrl+X works fine for cutting a single file. Ctrl+X does not work for cutting a folder. When I try to do that, there is a an error sound. I want to move a folder from one folder to another by cutting and pasting. As a work-around, Shift + drag works to...
  7. KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working

in Windows 10 Support
    KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working: Windows 10 offers it but I do not know the magic trick to make it actually work : [img] Right here windows is giving me hope that this is possible. but so far I have not been able to make it give me a shortcut to a folder. I need it to open it up in a manner that its...
  8. Keyboard Shortcuts Not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard Shortcuts Not working: [ATTACH] I have set the shortcut key for this chrome shortcut to ctrl alt up but it does not work. anyone know why? https://preview.redd.it/osyympjs7eu41.png?width=363&format=png&auto=webp&s=a371db11f13226c74d84d7fcfd03d02b4a97b313 submitted by /u/Joel9593 [link]...
  9. Lost shortcut Win+X

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost shortcut Win+X: Hello ! I am using Windows 10 Home version 1909 I don't know how it happened, but one day the Win + X shortcut stopped working ... I can't get the same menu by moving the mouse on the icon Win (left - bottom corner of the computer) and RMB .... Is there a way to bring backx...
  10. some keyboard shortcuts (ctrl + z,x,c,v) not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    some keyboard shortcuts (ctrl + z,x,c,v) not working: hello, last month out of no where my system started facing sticky ctrl key ( specifically right). somehow I managed to disable it but shortcuts like ctrl + c,z,x,v stopped working when I press the other ctrl key. I have now done a rest to installed windows 10 drive as...