Windows 10: Win zip driver repair

Discus and support Win zip driver repair in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I downloaded winzip driver repair and it has locked me out of my laptop, just have startup repair running constantly, any ideas?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Keith 433, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Keith 433 Win User

Win zip driver repair

I downloaded winzip driver repair and it has locked me out of my laptop, just have startup repair running constantly, any ideas?

:)

Keith 433, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    7-Zip CRC Error

He is using 7-Zip, not Zip. *Wtf :wtf:
    Agreed. Try checking out your SMART logs to see if your drive really is failing. CrystalDiskInfo does a pretty good job reading SMART through USB and RAID on Windows.

Aquinus, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Win zip driver repair

Win 10 Zip Files "Access Denied" Error

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press WinKey+R > type regedit and press Enter

• Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.zip\OpenWithProgids

• From the right pane: right click on the WinRAR.ZIP > Delete

• You can also check these two keys:

• HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zip\OpenWithProgids (there should be only (Default) and CompressedFolder )

• HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zip\UserChoice (this one shouldn't exist)

• Close the Registry Editor and Restart your system.

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
      make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
      article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/)

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Win zip driver repair

1. Win zip driver repair - Similar Threads - zip driver repair

2. Zip 100 drivers for Win 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Zip 100 drivers for Win 10.: I'm trying to get a old internal zip 100 drive to work with win 10. I'm using a USB adapter with IDE and a power adapter. Windows can not even see the device, are there any drivers needed? 183641
  3. win zip pro refund

in Windows 10 Customization
    win zip pro refund: I found it impossible to cancel the free trial subscription in time to avoid a charge. I'm having a worse time trying to contact anyone for a refund.. What can I do about this?...
  4. 250MB Zip drive driver error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    250MB Zip drive driver error: I have an internal IDE 250MB zip drive connected to a SYBA PCIe IDE/SATA III expansion card. Windows recognizes it in both device manager and disk management, but Zip disks, when inserted, will not show up. I then have to remove the drive and remove the disk manually. It...
  5. .zip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .zip: For some reason, I cannot extract, and the computer does not make a folder automatically. Here is the demonstration of what happens. [IMG] Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip/bc37405d-d601-4357-861e-f958ab2d7122
  6. win 10 boot repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 boot repair: how do I repair win 10 mbr https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-boot-repair/e036a4ec-e12f-4ae0-a7fb-c16e8ec68d1b
  7. Win Zip

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win Zip: Everytime I right click and try to open a zipped file, I get a pop up from Win Zip asking me to buy the program. I regularly get this pop up when I start my computer asking me to buy and upgrade. I thought you could unzip files in Windows 10 without buying a separate...
  8. WIN 10 Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 10 Repair: Is there a win 10 repair download that is good and cheap? 72399
  9. Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair: Hi.... Thank you for the forum. Hope you do not mind my asking for help. Been trying and searching for answers for a couple of days... I have given up. We upgraded to Win 10 as the free update so have no disc..I think this will be the root of all future problems. My...
  10. Zip files in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Zip files in Win 10: Does win 10 have it's own zip file extractor programme. For some reason I seem to have aquired 7-zip which i do not remember downloading (and which my Kaspersky internet security 2018 doesn't like due to security problems) So, am I safe to uninstall 7-zip knowing that...