Windows 10: Win10 10.0.17763 1809 has handle leak in LSM service Local Session Manager related to...

Discus and support Win10 10.0.17763 1809 has handle leak in LSM service Local Session Manager related to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Win10 10.0.17763 1809 has handle leak in LSM service Local Session Manager related to Smartcard. Similar issue as in KB4467680, but this KB is for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John Merager, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Win10 10.0.17763 1809 has handle leak in LSM service Local Session Manager related to...

Win10 10.0.17763 1809 has handle leak in LSM service Local Session Manager related to Smartcard. Similar issue as in KB4467680, but this KB is for older version of WIn10. This bug appears to be re-introduced in 1809. This leak causes a the computer to become noticeably slow and sluggish. The higher the handle count, the slower the computer. Using smartcard at the computer either increases handle count faster or triggers the leak. After triggered, the leak does not stop even if you do not use the smartcard. I can see the handle count keep increasing to over 1,000,000 handles per week on LSM service. In general, most processes have less than 5000 handles and it is very unusual to go over 10,000 handles, unless a software has a good reason for opening a lot of handles. Stopping Smartcard service stops the leak, but we need to use smartcard at the large company I work for. I am seeing this issue on multiple Win10 computers on 1809 at the company I work for. Every computer I looked at has this issue. People just think their computer is slow and end up having to reboot every week. When is this leak going to be fixed in 1809?

:)

John Merager, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Local Sessions Manager

Hi Carol,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forums.

Did you make any changes on your computers recently?

Are the computers on domain?

Do the computers boot to desktop or get stuck at
    "Waiting for Local Session Manager" screen?

Local Session Manager (LSM) is a Win32 service, which starts automatically when the operating system starts. It is a core Windows Service that manages local user sessions. Stopping or disabling this service
    will result in system instability.

Local Session Manager cannot be started if the following services are disabled, deleted or working improperly.

DCOM Server Process Launcher.

Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

RPC Endpoint Mapper.

To help you better with this issue, please get back to us with answers to the questions listed above.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    win 10 error after last update Session "Terminal-Services-LSM-ApplicationLag-5828" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Do you get any errors on screen after logon that mentions "Local Session Manager"?
    2. Are you connected to a domain network or do you use and Remote login tools?
    The issue could be related to Local Session Manager Service, however, we will try to narrow down the issue to understand why we are seeing this error.

Method 1: Set LSM service to start automatically.

1. Run Command Prompt as administrator.
    2. Search for command prompt in the start menu.
    3. Right click on CMD and run it as administrator.
    4. Type in the below command and hit enter
    • sc config LSM start= auto

• sc start LSM

Method 2: Run SFC scan.

I also suggest you to
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

I have also sent a Private Message. Please provide the required log files through the Private Message, which will help us research on the issue.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Win10 10.0.17763 1809 has handle leak in LSM service Local Session Manager related to...

Why Local Sessions Manager starts or not starts

Hi Chiara,

This service always starts automatically when the OS starts. Local Session Manager (LSM) is a core Windows service that was created to manage local user sessions. Be notified that you cannot stop or disable this service because it results in the system instability.

However Local Session Manager will not start you have deleted or disable the following services:

RPC Endpoint Mapper.

DCOM Server Process Launcher.

Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

Martin Jenkinss, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Win10 10.0.17763 1809 has handle leak in LSM service Local Session Manager related to...

1. Win10 10.0.17763 1809 has handle leak in LSM service Local Session Manager related to... - Similar Threads - Win10 17763 1809

2. Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - Local Session Manager service failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - Local Session Manager service failed.: I did force restart my pc & this error started appearing until today. I am a non technical guy. Kindly, request anyone to help me resolve this issue. Thank you...
  3. Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - Local Session Manager service failed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue : Windows 10 endless loop - Local Session Manager service failed.: I did force restart my pc & this error started appearing until today. I am a non technical guy. Kindly, request anyone to help me resolve this issue. Thank you...
  4. Local Session Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Session Manager: Hello, this might be a long question Few month ago i did a tweak using an apps named "Hone", and tomorrow after i tweaked my laptop, when it boot it just says local session manager, i can boot the laptop normally but, what is Local Session Manager?, and why when i tried to...
  5. Session "Terminal-Service-LSM-ApplicationLag-5184" failed to start with the following...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Session "Terminal-Service-LSM-ApplicationLag-5184" failed to start with the following...: Good Morning, Our customer is receiving the above error continuously. Is this something we should be concerned about? I researched online and found 2 methods, please seelink. Based on the article is this still considered the best solution? If not, what other solutions are...
  6. WIn10 10.0.17763 1809 has handle leak in LSM service Local Session Manager related to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIn10 10.0.17763 1809 has handle leak in LSM service Local Session Manager related to...: WIn10 10.0.17763 1809 has handle leak in LSM service Local Session Manager related to Smartcard. Similar issue as in KB4467680, but this KB is for older version of WIn10. This bug appears to be re-introduced in 1809. This leak causes a the computer to become noticeably slow...
  7. Windows 10 Education 17763 (1809)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Education 17763 (1809): Hi! My Windows 10 Laptop is running very slow. I am running Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 5025-u @ 2.00 Ghz, 2 GB AMD Radeon Graphics card and 4 GB RAM. Can anybody help me? My model is HP Notebook 14-ac153TX. I tried deleting temp. files, freeing up disk space and a fresh, clean...
  8. BSOD windows 10 Session "Terminal-Services-LSM-ApplicationLag-3172" failed to start with...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD windows 10 Session "Terminal-Services-LSM-ApplicationLag-3172" failed to start with...: Ive been getting lots of errors from that LSM ApplicationLag(theres 3172,9228,9344 and list goes on) but thats the most recent one, and seems I cant find a solution at all Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin Source:...
  9. Local Sessions Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Sessions Manager: Why does Local Sessions Manager start up on some Windows 10 laptops and not on other s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-sessions-manager/dd20f674-80c1-4ffa-b863-10a8e821cb80
  10. "Waiting for Local Session manager"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Waiting for Local Session manager": Using a Dell Laptop with W10 ver 1607 64 bit 2 out of 3 times my Laptop will start quickly and what I think of as normal. Then the other times it start, and for a long time no screen activity at al … though I can see there is HDD activity, it can be 5 mins or more then it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Session MBAMChameleon failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035