Windows 10: Win10 1703 Will Not Wake From Sleep

Discus and support Win10 1703 Will Not Wake From Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; YET ANOTHER PROBLEM I do NOT want to install windows 10 version 1809 OR 1903 they have way to much bloatware embedded, Why wont my machine wake up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Paul_UK_73, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Win10 1703 Will Not Wake From Sleep

YET ANOTHER PROBLEM

I do NOT want to install windows 10 version 1809 OR 1903 they have way to much bloatware embedded,

Why wont my machine wake up from sleep when i set my RAM to its proper XMP speed profile?

Aorus X470 Gaming7 Wifi Motherboard

16GB DDR4 Corsair RGB Ram (XMP 3466)

Ryzen 2700x CPU

Sleep will ONLY work when the ram is set to its JEDEC 2133 speed, clearly a hotfix needs to be sorted out here, i have tried everything and i mean everything, NOTHING fixes the issue.

Please don't mention all the usual stuff about switching power profiles and changing other windows settings because ive already tried everything.

Is there a hotfix available to sort this issue out?

I really am getting pretty sick and tired of all these problems, maybe you should totally start again from scratch and completely scrap windows 10.

:)

Paul_UK_73, Mar 6, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 6, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Win10 1703 Will Not Wake From Sleep

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Win10 1703 Will Not Wake From Sleep

1. Win10 1703 Will Not Wake From Sleep - Similar Threads - Win10 1703 Wake

2. Waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Waking from sleep: Every time I put the computer into sleep mode and then wake it up, it says no contact with the monitor after I turn on the monitor. I then have to leave the monitor on and put the computer to sleep via the keyboard and wake it up, it then sees and connects with the monitor....
  3. Win10 Desktop wakes up from sleep on it's own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Desktop wakes up from sleep on it's own: My Win10 Desktop wakes up from sleep on it's own. I've tried all the checks and changes recommended that I can find and none will work. I ran a "powercfg /requests" but am not sure how to read it. Is it saying that the VIA High Def Audio is the item causing a power-on...
  4. Waking from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Waking from sleep?: I understand how to stop windows waking from sleep but there are so many steps. By this I mean, the IMO, the sleep function in windows, by default is not fit for purpose. You have to make sure WOL is disabled, sleep timers, usb devices disabled allowing to wake are disabled....
  5. Disable Win10 From Waking itself out of sleep

Disable Win10 From Waking itself out of sleep: Every. Single. Time. Every time I put it into sleep mode and it has a few minutes, it will wake itself out of sleep mode. This is incredibly irritating, as I have a dual monitor setup, and one monitor cannot be physically turned off, so windows will move every single window...
  6. Waking from sleep

Waking from sleep: Since the last update my mouse won't wake my pc from sleep - i have to press the reset button. I've checked power options etc Help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-from-sleep/16c5f540-8199-48ba-a97b-971670323493
  7. Wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from sleep: I’ve set my windows pc many times to only wake from sleep when a key from my keyboard has been pressed, not on mouse movement. It works for a couple of times and then it reverts to how it was before!! I’m getting very frustrated and would love a solution to this! submitted...
  8. Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM

Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM: YET ANOTHER PROBLEM I do NOT want to install windows 10 version 1809 OR 1903 they have way to much bloatware embedded, Why wont my machine wake up from sleep when i set my RAM to its proper XMP speed profile? Aorus X470 Gaming7 Wifi Motherboard 16GB DDR4 Corsair RGB...
  9. waking from sleep.

waking from sleep.: I have just changed from Win 10 home 32 bit to the 64 bit version. The crap I had with it starting up, shutting down the doing full cold boot after waking from sleep with a long time to come up still exists. I do not believe I am the only person in the world with this...
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...