Windows 10: Win10 1803 Startup App not starting

Discus and support Win10 1803 Startup App not starting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Having a puzzling problem with an application in the common startup folder. I placed the shortcut of an application in the common startup folder, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Masterchiefxx17, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Win10 1803 Startup App not starting

Having a puzzling problem with an application in the common startup folder. I placed the shortcut of an application in the common startup folder, but when Windows boots it never launches the app. If I double click the shortcut, it opens just fine.

Task manager shows the app as enabled and in the startup folder. Following that, I set the permissions on the main executable to be Ran as Administrator in case it needed that.

Any thoughts here?

:)

Masterchiefxx17, Jun 20, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 20, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 20, 2018
  4. Win10 1803 Startup App not starting

all office apps startup only after re-start windows

If your computer has an SSD, then this should solve your issue and you won't see any noticeable bootup speed changes:

Disable Fast Startup (step by step):

• Open Control Panel
    • Navigate to Hardware and Sound --> Power Options
    • Then click on "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Press "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    • Under Shutdown settings untick the box beside "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"
    • Save changes and reboot once.

Win10 1803 Startup App not starting [​IMG]

Once logged in and Windows has booted up properly and settled, shut down your computer. After that boot your computer again and test your Office apps. They should work now.

slicendice, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

Win10 1803 Startup App not starting

1. Win10 1803 Startup App not starting - Similar Threads - Win10 1803 Startup

2. apps keep starting at startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    apps keep starting at startup: I have a question, how can I stop the applications to start when I open my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-starting-at-startup/8b010aaa-814f-4ea3-8a98-f06fb216112e
  3. apps keep starting at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps keep starting at startup: I have a question, how can I stop the applications to start when I open my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-starting-at-startup/8b010aaa-814f-4ea3-8a98-f06fb216112e
  4. apps keep starting at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto-Start apps on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto-Start apps on startup: Hi, so this problem has been sticking with me for a while. I sometimes change the desktop by using Task View, with some apps still open in the earlier desktop. I forget all about those apps, and I sometimes shut the Notebook down without closing the apps on Desktop 1. Then,...
  6. Startup apps won't start sometimes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup apps won't start sometimes.: I need the startup apps to run even before log in, so WOL can be used remotely and I can access my system anywhere. Sometimes it will run them while some other times it won't. How can I fix it? Fast startup is disabled on windows but Fast boot is enabled on the BIOS. Is there...
  7. Win10 1803 repeatedly fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1803 repeatedly fails: * Windows Update tells me I have updates * Insists on downloading eventually, installing, then failing, rebooting * Installation history says "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 (17)" - version 17? 17 attempts more likely. C'mon! This is no way to treat a user...
  8. Win10 update 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update 1803: HI, Since already few weeks Win10 updating is not finished. I observe also some problems with my C:\ driver. All folders are ALWAYS ReadOnly. I've tried different solutions including Command attr. without any effect. Additionally, when any driver is connected on the USB his...
  9. WIN10 1803 Fast startup needs about 25-32s

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN10 1803 Fast startup needs about 25-32s: I have installed the clean WIN10 OS 1803(17134.112). I find the fast startup more slowly than before. Now needs about 25-32s. Is there any fast startup SPEC or link for the newest WIN10 to share? Here is my notebook config. Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 6GB...
  10. Win10 1803 Update Woes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 1803 Update Woes: Hello I have 3 separate laptops from different manufacturers where the latest 1803 update has left them with a black desktop and Windows/Search buttons that no longer work. In 2 cases I have managed to restore the desktop and any prog shortcuts on there work OK in most...