Windows 10: WIN10 1803 system backup

Discus and support WIN10 1803 system backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After upgrade to WIN10 1803 Build 17134.165 my system backup is not longer available Remark: 1/ only the item "make a system repair disk" is shown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by williamou, Jul 20, 2018.

1. williamou Win User

WIN10 1803 system backup

After upgrade to WIN10 1803 Build 17134.165

my system backup is not longer available

Remark:

1/ only the item "make a system repair disk" is shown

2/ message : system backup is not available in an environment for portable workstations

(translated in dutch: dit onderdeel is niet beschikbaar in een omgeving voor draagbare werkstations)

I have no idea

But remark: in the same time i have an external USB Western Digital HDD connected (that was intended for use in WindowsImageBackup) and I have all access via File Explorer

Is there an alternative?

Thanks

:)

williamou, Jul 20, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 16, 2018
  3. williamou Win User
    WIN10 1803 system backup

After upgrade to WIN10 1803 Build 17134.165

my system backup is not longer available

Remark:

1/ only the item "make a system repair disk" is shown

2/ message : system backup is not available in an environment for portable workstations

(translated in dutch: dit onderdeel is niet beschikbaar in een omgeving voor draagbare werkstations)

I have no idea

But remark: in the same time i have an external USB Western Digital HDD connected (that was intended for use in WindowsImageBackup) and I have all access via File Explorer

Is there an alternative?

Thanks

williamou, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Geekoid Win User

WIN10 1803 system backup

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/back_up.html

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

WIN10 1803 system backup

1. WIN10 1803 system backup - Similar Threads - WIN10 1803 system

2. Backup win10 in hp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup win10 in hp: Hello. I have laptop hp pavilion update to windows 10 . Can i backup driver c: windowsand save an other drive in hard disk and use this image when windows stop by hp recovary?...
  3. win10 backup failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win10 backup failed: [ATTACH] I have a picture error when I back up the win10 system. Figure 1 Figure 2 How should I solve it? Please give some suggestions, thank you. submitted by /u/ahongzhijun [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw8d3f/win10_backup_failed/
  4. Win10 1803 repeatedly fails

Win10 1803 repeatedly fails: * Windows Update tells me I have updates * Insists on downloading eventually, installing, then failing, rebooting * Installation history says "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 (17)" - version 17? 17 attempts more likely. C'mon! This is no way to treat a user...
  5. Win10 update 1803

Win10 update 1803: HI, Since already few weeks Win10 updating is not finished. I observe also some problems with my C:\ driver. All folders are ALWAYS ReadOnly. I've tried different solutions including Command attr. without any effect. Additionally, when any driver is connected on the USB his...
  6. Win10 1803 Update Woes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 1803 Update Woes: Hello I have 3 separate laptops from different manufacturers where the latest 1803 update has left them with a black desktop and Windows/Search buttons that no longer work. In 2 cases I have managed to restore the desktop and any prog shortcuts on there work OK in most...
  7. win10 backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    win10 backup: Hi all, i am currently using windows 10 backup. I set it to manage the space but when my external hard drive full it didn't delete the old backup. Also, as i select my own folders to backup rather then let window choose. I did tick backup users folder and favorites. But...
  8. Win10 System Image Restore unable to detect backup

Win10 System Image Restore unable to detect backup: Good Afternoon, I have been having a bit of difficulty with restoring a Windows System Image backup from my external Hard Drive. While it wrote to the hard drive fine, the windows doesn't seem like it wants to detect it in order to restore. So far I have tried using another...
  9. System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10

System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10: Hi, A few days ago I discovered I had some corruptive files preventing me from Updating successfully. So, after much hair-pulling I did a Windows 10 reinstall via a USB Flash Drive while Windows was running and it was successful thanks to some talented folks on this forum....
  10. System Backup

System Backup: After spending two days to get my computer reprogram after a Diskpart failure I want to do a backup on the drive. Is the Windows10 backup good to use,or do I need something else. If I do a complete backup can I restore it to another formatted drive ?. Need a better way of...