Windows 10: Win10 1803 Update Woes

Discus and support Win10 1803 Update Woes in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I have 3 separate laptops from different manufacturers where the latest 1803 update has left them with a black desktop and Windows/Search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by syates, May 22, 2018.

1. syates Win User

Win10 1803 Update Woes

Hello

I have 3 separate laptops from different manufacturers where the latest 1803 update has left them with a black desktop and Windows/Search buttons that no longer work. In 2 cases I have managed to restore the desktop and any prog shortcuts on there work OK in most cases. 1 CAD program has a problem with a missing licence.

None of the machines have restore points available and I can't reinstall Windows (in place) due to a licence problem.

On first boot after the updates, there was a new option on the screen "Windows Rollback" but this didn't do anything, I has to use the "Use a different OS" option which showed 2 Win10 installations.

Anyone else had same problem and (hopefully) found a solution ? Otherwise I will have to start from scratch and reinstall

Thanks in advance

:)

syates, May 22, 2018

2. Post 1803 update woes

Add some more "woes":

Computer was sharing directories before the update. Now, in spite of the fact it shows it is STILL sharing, the shares do not show up to two other computers.

I stopped sharing the directories, and re-shared, but still not reporting them to the other computers.

Jacqueline Tregre, May 22, 2018
  3. update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, May 22, 2018
Thema:

Win10 1803 Update Woes

1. Win10 1803 Update Woes - Similar Threads - Win10 1803 Update

2. Win10 and win7 network woes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 and win7 network woes: Hi, I have 3 pc's in a network, 2 are running windows 10 and 1 is running windows7 When I had just 2 connected win10 and win 7 both could see each other and exchange files without issue. Occasionally however the win7 machine would struggle to see the win10 machine....
  3. Update Installation Woes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Installation Woes: Perhaps the solution to this is very simple. Either way I am voicing this concern here because it has been very frustrating: Two days ago, I was prompted to schedule a time to restart computer for update installation. I scheduled a time --intentionally--when I would not be...
  4. Update Woes

Update Woes: This is just an opinion for discussion, so far I was able to correct things. To Microsoft: Why do you keep updating Windows 10? And why must you set everything on my PC back to defaults? Do you know how long it takes to reset everything back on my PC? And this...
  5. Windows Update woes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update woes: Over the past couple days I've encountered some troubles. My work tablet updated and is now giving me a blue screen and xc0000098 error on startup. Honestly this ones no big deal. The geek squad guys are taking care of it. However, last night my laptop decided it would...
  6. Win10 update 1803

Win10 update 1803: HI, Since already few weeks Win10 updating is not finished. I observe also some problems with my C:\ driver. All folders are ALWAYS ReadOnly. I've tried different solutions including Command attr. without any effect. Additionally, when any driver is connected on the USB his...
  7. More 1803 woes - system loop on restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    More 1803 woes - system loop on restart: I downloaded 1803 yesterday; at the completion of the download (option to update). I shut down the PC (normally) with a view to complete the update today. There is virtually nothing on the PC apart from Chrome. Today when I boot up all I get is a loop with the date screen,...
  8. Anniversary Update woes

Anniversary Update woes: Hi. I recently rolled back my desktop from the anniversary update because I was noticing problems with start times (slower), my wifi (poor connection) and bluetooth (connection problems with no audio). After trying to reinstall my drivers which had no success, I decided to...
  9. Anniversary Update woes

Anniversary Update woes: This update was a pain in the ass. First two tries, I got a non-working Start Menu and unstable Chrome and Explorer. They kept crashing whenever I'd try to back up files. Had to revert to previous build to accomplish that. Finally got things stable, after having to do a fresh...
  10. Win10 Anniversary Update Woes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Anniversary Update Woes: Updated yesterday to Anniversary Update. My PC worked AoK for about an hour and then the Desktop stopped working. The mouse pointer still moved around, but will not activate the start menu, or any applications. Resorted to a hard re-boot. After that, Win-AU would work for 15...