Windows 10: Win10 1809 App Changes - Sticky Notes - Access previous info

Discus and support Win10 1809 App Changes - Sticky Notes - Access previous info in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My wife is a user of the Sticky Notes app, that was workable on v1803 of Windows 10. Before updating to 1809, I dutifly backed up all data and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dpsilvajr, Jan 5, 2019.

1. dpsilvajr Win User

Win10 1809 App Changes - Sticky Notes - Access previous info

Hi,

My wife is a user of the Sticky Notes app, that was workable on v1803 of Windows 10.

Before updating to 1809, I dutifly backed up all data and believe I have the .snt file that has her Sticky Notes info in it.

The Windows Store version of Sticky Notes no longer stores or accesses a file in the old location so I have no readily apparent way to port the prior data ( a lot of personal info!!) into the new version that stores with Outlook for Office.

How can I access the info from the version of Sticky Notes that was operating in Win10 1803 and move it into the new version. The answer 'you can't' is not a good one as the amount of personal info there was large (and kept there despite my warnings).

Helpful suggestions, please?

Thanks,

:)

dpsilvajr, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Sticky Notes backup/restore

Hi Karl,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Do you get any error while trying to restore your notes from the backup?

I suggest to try copying the contents of the folder from the previous installation to 1809.

• On Windows 10 1709 machine, navigate to the folder:
      C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Copy the contents (all files) of the folder and save them to a new folder on Windows 1809 machine.
    • Close all open instances of Sticky notes app.
    • Navigate to the same location (C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState) on Windows 10 1809 machine, copy the contents of the new folder to this location.
    • Close Windows Explorer, launch the Sticky notes app and see if your notes are restored.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Win10 1809 App Changes - Sticky Notes - Access previous info

Changing default font of Sticky Notes (in Win10)

There is no specific settings for the font Change for the sticky notes. However,
    Paste pre-formated text into Sticky Notes. If you type in Microsoft Word in your favorite
    font and then paste it into the Sticky Notes window all the
    font settings are preserved. So one way to get your favorite
    fonts
    with all the formatting into the Sticky Note is to simply copy and paste.

Sriram Prasanna Narayanasamy (GIS), Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Win10 1809 App Changes - Sticky Notes - Access previous info

1. Win10 1809 App Changes - Sticky Notes - Access previous info - Similar Threads - Win10 1809 App

2. Sticky Notes App disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sticky Notes App disappeared: My sticky notes app has gone missing entirely. It was working fine across two computers just last week, now it won't load on my laptop.When I try to find it in the roaming folder mentioned above there is no ..\StickyNotes folder. It is also missing from the start menu.When I...
  3. Sticky Notes could not verify sign-in info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes could not verify sign-in info: About a week ago, I noticed that my Sticky Notes app was not signed in. When I tried to sign in, I received an error message: "We couldn't verify your sign-in info. We can't connect to the server. Error code 0x80072EFD". I tried resetting the app and reinstalling it but...
  4. Problem with Sticky Notes app

Problem with Sticky Notes app: Hi people. I have a problem. My sticky notes not working. I already reset the app. But, it enters my account, and when it opens it looks like this. All white. I already removed it through powershell and reinstalled and it doesn't work. [ATTACH]...
  5. sticky notes app

sticky notes app: after windows update, sticky notes app does not load/open. Is there another location I can retrieve my information!?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-app/df26ad92-9656-44c6-a045-ee8fab63c0e6
  6. Problem with Sticky Notes app

Problem with Sticky Notes app: Hello! I have a problem with Sticky Notes app on Windows 10. Before 1903 update everything was OK, but after this all my notes open in different windows. How can I fix it to open all notes in a single window?...
  7. Sticky notes app

Sticky notes app: I hate the new look (dark gray notes with a post-it-note colored title bar). Give me back my pink, green, and yellow notes! It needs tab stops so I can make columnated lists It needs to be able to change fonts or at least support fixed pitch fonts. (Yes, I know you can...
  8. Sticky Notes App

Sticky Notes App: The recent update of Sticky Notes has been very useful. Since I am a frequent user of this app, I would appreciate if more features could be added to it. 1) Adding colours to the text typed. 2) Increase or decrease of the size of fonts used. 3) Option to select a font...
  9. Sticky notes 3.0 removed all previous notes

Sticky notes 3.0 removed all previous notes: Good day, One of our users just had their sticky notes update to 3.0 today. They didn't realize what was going on but it asked them to sign into their 365 account. After doing so all of their sticky notes have disappeared. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way...
  10. Sticky notes 3.0 removed all previous notes

Sticky notes 3.0 removed all previous notes: Good day, One of our users just had their sticky notes update to 3.0 today. They didn't realize what was going on but it asked them to sign into their 365 account. After doing so all of their sticky notes have disappeared. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sticky notes windows 10 1809 disparu