Windows 10: Win10 1809 Can't Move Documents or Pictures Locations

Discus and support Win10 1809 Can't Move Documents or Pictures Locations in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Help. I have Win10 1809 installed on SSD. My second hard drive has folders for Documents, Download, Videos, Pictures. When I try to tell the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bfunke, Jan 13, 2019.

1. bfunke Win User

Win10 1809 Can't Move Documents or Pictures Locations

Help. I have Win10 1809 installed on SSD. My second hard drive has folders for Documents, Download, Videos, Pictures. When I try to tell the computer to put my documents on the D: drive it's now pointing to a OneDrive which I don't use. I won't let me move Documents or Pictures and tells me there is a folder at that same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied. I'm stuck. Thanks

:)

bfunke, Jan 13, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Win10 1809 Can't Move Documents or Pictures Locations [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Documents Destination

The next troubleshooting step we suggest is to restore the default location of the folders. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Choose File Explorer.

• Type shell:UsersFilesFolder in the address bar.

Win10 1809 Can't Move Documents or Pictures Locations d9ffeca6-0604-494d-9388-070cdb9a5eeb.png

• Right-click the Documents folder.

• Click the Location tab.

• Click Restore Default.

• Click OK.

Follow the same steps to restore the default location for your Pictures folder.

Give these steps a shot and check if the folders are unlinked from OneDrive.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 1809 Can't Move Documents or Pictures Locations - Similar Threads - Win10 1809 Can't

2. Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.: So, I've quit OneDrive, and I want to move my "Documents" folder to the default location, but for some reason, it doesn't let me. It tells me this message: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.Access is denied ".I've...
  3. Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.: So, I've quit OneDrive, and I want to move my "Documents" folder to the default location, but for some reason, it doesn't let me. It tells me this message: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.Access is denied ".I've...
  4. Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive: My Windows 10 laptop died. I pulled the hard drive out and have it in a case which I can connect to new laptop Windows 11. I am unable to find "Pictures," "Documents," Where do I look? I don't seem to be able to find or access "my" files and folders, only System folders....
  5. Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive: My Windows 10 laptop died. I pulled the hard drive out and have it in a case which I can connect to new laptop Windows 11. I am unable to find "Pictures," "Documents," Where do I look? I don't seem to be able to find or access "my" files and folders, only System folders....
  6. Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc.: I've been trying to move the location of these kinds of folders, but simply can't, windows tells me that there's a folder that can't be moved. I looked all over the internet for solutions, and everywhere they say to change de registry, which I did, but it didn't work. My C:/...
  8. Moving documents location, are there security risks?

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving documents location, are there security risks?: I have moved my documents location by following the tutorial at Move Location of Documents Folder in Windows 10 Is there any serious security risk in moving the documents from their default location and if so, how can I reverse the above move procedure? 136032
  9. How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures: In my new computer setup, Windows 10 set up the folders Documents and Pictures under "This PC" to C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents and C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Pictures. I want to set up these folders to C:\Users\username\Documents and C:\Users\username\Pictures. I...
  10. Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders: So currently when I go into "This PC" I have 6 icons at the top : Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures & Videos. As I'm running my OS off a 120gb SSD I typically store my documents/photos/videos etc on another drive, in this case my D drive. If I right click >...