Windows 10: Win10 1809 redirect Visual Studio 2017 build output to txt file in queue, the file is being...

Discus and support Win10 1809 redirect Visual Studio 2017 build output to txt file in queue, the file is being... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have many solutions of VS 2017 15.8 to be built, I use batch command to build them in queue and redirect the build output to a '.txt' file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JayJie, May 20, 2019.

1. JayJie Win User

Win10 1809 redirect Visual Studio 2017 build output to txt file in queue, the file is being...

Hi,

I have many solutions of VS 2017 15.8 to be built, I use batch command to build them in queue and redirect the build output to a '.txt' file. When the first solution build finished and the output is redirected to the .txt file, but the second solution failed to redirect output to the file again with error: "The process is being used by other process." I use 'devenv.exe' to do build and I checked the task list in OS, when the error occurred, the process of 'devenv.exe' has already been closed.

So I am not sure what is using the log file. It seems that redirect the output to log action has not finished when trying to redirect the next solution. I tried to add a timeout for 1 second before the second solution start and it works.

My Environment:

Works well:

VS 2017 Enterprise 15.5 with Win 7 SP1

Not Works:

VS 2017 Enterprise 15.8 with Win 10 1809

Could any one help?

:)

JayJie, May 20, 2019
  2. harrymc Win User

Visual Studio 2015 keeps getting standard file association for txt files

Visual Studio will attempt to repair any broken file associations (those not associated with a valid application) at startup.
    I suggest the following two manipulations.

• Check if txt is included in VS
      Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> File Extension,
      and Remove in that case.
    • Go to
      Default Programs -> Associate a file type or protocol with a program -> Choose default apps by file type,
      scroll down to .txt and click, then choose your text editor if it is not already set correctly.

If these two measures are not enough, then your Visual Studio setup has a problem.

harrymc, May 20, 2019
  3. aamarlin Win User
    Visual Studio 2017 C# File Handling

Compiling a C# program using StreamReader and StreamWriter variables on the command line works fine. On Visual Studio 2017 C# when I try to close() a file, I get an error on the file.close() code. The intelliscense for the StreamReader or StreamWriter
    has no listing for CLOSE. The closest I can get is disposing the file.

aamarlin, May 20, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Win10 1809 redirect Visual Studio 2017 build output to txt file in queue, the file is being...

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

Could he not use a wildacard ?. So it be dir %1 /a /s /b > *.txt and then it would list all .TXT files then.

AsRock, May 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 1809 redirect Visual Studio 2017 build output to txt file in queue, the file is being... - Similar Threads - Win10 1809 redirect

2. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Studio 2017 not installing: Hello i tried to download Visual studio 2017 because of my storage to make stuff in c# but i keep getting this error i do not have any VS installed yet this error keeps popping up...
  3. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2017 not installing: Hello i tried to download Visual studio 2017 because of my storage to make stuff in c# but i keep getting this error i do not have any VS installed yet this error keeps popping up...
  4. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Visual Studio 2017 Does not link exe and output to the specified directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2017 Does not link exe and output to the specified directory: Hello,As the title suggests, I recently set up VS2017 for C programming, installed everything I need, even the Intel compilers.I created a new project with all the include files, libraries and set up the folders to the latter in properties.That aside, the code in the source...
  6. Visual Studio 2017 Does not link exe and output to the specified directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio 2017 Does not link exe and output to the specified directory: Hello,As the title suggests, I recently set up VS2017 for C programming, installed everything I need, even the Intel compilers.I created a new project with all the include files, libraries and set up the folders to the latter in properties.That aside, the code in the source...
  7. Visual Studio 2017 Does not link exe and output to the specified directory

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. visual studio 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    visual studio 2017: The product failed to install due to one or more package failures. You can search for solutions using the information below, retry the installation, or remove the product from your machine. Following is a collection of individual package failures. To search for existing...
  9. Visual Studio 2017 Roadmap

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 Roadmap: This document provides a peek into what's next for Visual Studio. It captures some of the significant features we are currently committed to, and a rough timeframe for when you can expect to see them. It is not a comprehensive list of all new features in Visual Studio, but is...
  10. Visual Studio 2017 is Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 is Now Available: Visual Studio 2017 is here! Celebrate 20 years of Visual Studio with fellow developers in your area, join us on Twitter, and download Visual Studio 2017 now. Don’t forget to sign up for tomorrow’s full day of free training at Microsoft Virtual Academy on Wednesday, March 8....