Windows 10: Win10 1809 second HD D: not recognized.

Discus and support Win10 1809 second HD D: not recognized. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Help. I have a machine that wouldn't update past 1607. I did a clean install of 1809 and seems to run OK. I unplugged my second hard drive D: where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bfunke, Jan 13, 2019.

1. bfunke Win User

Win10 1809 second HD D: not recognized.

Help. I have a machine that wouldn't update past 1607. I did a clean install of 1809 and seems to run OK. I unplugged my second hard drive D: where I keep all my documents and file during the install. Once I got Win10 1809 up and running and updated I plugged in my second hard drive and windows doesn't see it. I tried scanning in disk management and no luck. Any help appreciated.

Bryan

:)

bfunke, Jan 13, 2019
  2. F l M Win User

Second HD not recognizes by Windows 10 (previously was OK)

Windows 10 stopped recognizing my second hard drive (it was working before and restore point is filed on the second drive).

During boot up I clicked f10 and run the HD tests for both and they passed.

When trying computer management (disk management) the second HD does not show up (just the first) and

the removable medias.

Please, any suggestion on how to fix it?

F l M, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 does not recognize second HDD EFI Hardware in CPU

Yes, I've read most of the same question about Windows not recognizing, but not one answer helped me. In my case, the Disk Management program doesn't show the second HD, not even the Device Manager list (Gerenciador de Dispositivos) shows the second HD.

- My second HD is an exact copy of the first in this case, that I have created for backup purposes, as I already lost my original HD for this same computer.

- Thought at first to manage to get the second booted from time to time to maintain the Windows updated

- It seems EFI gets confused when I change the boot to second HD, it says didn't find an operating system.

- I had to disconnect SATA cable to be able to boot second HD.

- When I have the two HD connected, the BIOS shows both HD and it allows me to put both in the boot list

- Neither one of the Windows are able to "see" physically the second HD.

Nobuyuki_BR, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Sparge Win User

MUVI HD not recognized

Hi All--

Since the last two Windows 10 updates, my MUVI HD camcorders are not recognized. I've tried switching cables--didn't make a difference. I've contacted Veho and they have nothing to suggest beyond what I've already tried. Flash drives are still recognized.

I hope I don't have to discard hundreds of dollars worth of perfectly good equipment because I can't access the files!

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Sparge, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 1809 second HD D: not recognized. - Similar Threads - Win10 1809 second

2. Win10 Doesn't Recognize Second User Profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win10 Doesn't Recognize Second User Profile: I bought a new Acer Aspire 5 laptop that has a fingerprint scanner built in. It's running Win10 and will be used by two people: my wife and I.After the laptop was fully charged I began the setup. I got Wifi connectivity established and created my profile including fingerprint...
  3. Win10 1809 upgrade to Win10 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1809 upgrade to Win10 21H1: Hello,I just wanted to confirm can we upgrade directly from Win10 1809 to Win10 21H1.I am unable to find any document for the same. It will be great if anyone can provide links.Thank you....
  4. Replace hd and win10

Replace hd and win10: Acer 7551-7422 hard drive totally dead. They have never backed up the computer. The computer did upgrade quite a while back from Windows 7 home premium to Windows 10. I am installing a new ssd. I was told I needed to reinstall Win7 then do an upgrade but for some reason that...
  5. Adding a second HD

Adding a second HD: I would like to add the HD from my previous desktop to my new desktop. The few articles I've read have only to do with a NEW HD, not a loaded one and require formatting which I fear will erase the HD. Is this doable? Both are system 10. Any links would be appreciated....
  6. Win10 1809 second HD D: not recognized.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 1809 second HD D: not recognized.: Help. I have a machine that wouldn't update past 1607. I did a clean install of 1809 and seems to run OK. I unplugged my second hard drive D: where I keep all my documents and file during the install. Once I got Win10 1809 up and running and updated I plugged in my second...
  7. Intel HD 4000 Series driverd are blocked but Win10 after 1809 update

Intel HD 4000 Series driverd are blocked but Win10 after 1809 update: Notebook ASUS UX32VD i7-3517U with HD4000 , Windows blocks most recent Intel's Drivers. Driver Version : 10.18.10.5059 Driver Date : 16.08.2018 prior to update everything works just fine ! even with 2015 year drivers. Any solution Available....
  8. MUVI HD not recognized

MUVI HD not recognized: Hi All-- Since the last two Windows 10 updates, my MUVI HD camcorders are not recognized. I've tried switching cables--didn't make a difference. I've contacted Veho and they have nothing to suggest beyond what I've already tried. Flash drives are still recognized. I...
  9. Replacing HD with SSD - Not Recognized

Replacing HD with SSD - Not Recognized: I'm trying to replace my 1TB HD with a similar size SanDisk SSD. I plan to use Apricorn Ez Gig IV to clone the HD to the SSD. I cannot get the SSD to show as a valid drive on File Explorer and the software shows the drive but says it cannot find it. I can see the new drive in...
  10. Win10 Pro does not see installed programs on second HD drive?

Win10 Pro does not see installed programs on second HD drive?: Got a perfect upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro for any programs that were on the boot disk. However any programs that were loaded on a second (non-bootable) disk were not recognized at all. Is there any way, other than reloading all those programs, to get Win10 Pro to know...