Windows 10: Win10 1809 update was installed through Windows Update-advice needed

Discus and support Win10 1809 update was installed through Windows Update-advice needed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 1809 feature update was installed through Windows Update on the 2nd October on my laptop. Ive only just found out on here that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Oct 8, 2018.

1. sportsfan148 Win User

Win10 1809 update was installed through Windows Update-advice needed

Hi,
    Windows 10 1809 feature update was installed through Windows Update on the 2nd October on my laptop.
    Ive only just found out on here that Microsoft have since pulled the update because of problems. I don't appear to have lost any files during the update and haven't noticed any problems as such yet. Boot up on the other hand does seem slower. There may be other problems but I just haven't come across them yet.
    What should I do? Ive read that you can Roll Back to 1803 if its within 10 days though I don't know how reliable that method is. Is it done through Update and Security/Recovery and select Go back to a Previous Version?

Would it be recommended to Roll Back to 1803 and then wait for 1809 to come through Windows Update again when its fixed over the coming days?

:)

sportsfan148, Oct 8, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 8, 2018
  3. atanas dimitrov Win User
    Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Toothless Win User

Win10 updates

Which Windows updates in 8.1 where the gateway to installing Win10? I've ALWAYS had update as a "check but let me decide" basis however I woke up to this.

Win10 1809 update was installed through Windows Update-advice needed [​IMG]

With a bunch more (even AMD 7900 drivers, like wtf)

I'm trying to avoid the Win10 shitfest but good lord what has Microsoft done.

Toothless, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 1809 update was installed through Windows Update-advice needed - Similar Threads - Win10 1809 update

2. Windows 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1809 update: When opening Updates in settings, my computer says I have the latest changes, but when checking in "About" my computer says it is still in 1803. The last update in update history is KB4462919 on October 10th. Why is "What's new" telling me changes have occurred. This is true...
  3. Windows 1809 update

Windows 1809 update: So what is the advice for people who have installed it and NOT found any problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1809-update/f9478567-5af2-4eac-98a9-2576c8cbb101
  4. win10 1809 update is it safe to use it following a successful install of could there be...

win10 1809 update is it safe to use it following a successful install of could there be...: I successfully installed the win10pro 1809 update on my samsung i5 ssd laptop before becoming aware of the problems others had, while I don't have any current known issues following my install I am seeking reassurance that it is safe to continue using this update going...
  5. Windows Update 1809

Windows Update 1809: When will windows 10 1809 will be released? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-1809/5421dd6e-aced-4a46-86f0-e93e458933af
  6. Windows update 1809 will not install

Windows update 1809 will not install: I've been having a problem with my computer for the last couple of months where it will not restart. It takes 30 to 45 minutes for my computer to restart. It will cold start just fine. I can shut it down and start it again and it starts up no problem, but it will not do a...
  7. Version 1511 Updates: Advice or Help uninstalling this update needed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 1511 Updates: Advice or Help uninstalling this update needed: I opened my laptop the other day and all of a sudden the user interface with Windows 10 had totally changed. What this means for me as a student is that I've lost the usability I depended on to switch between OneNote for Desktop/Edge/word and I have spent the last day with...
  8. New Win10 install, need advice re:Privacy, Telemetry, Decrapify

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Win10 install, need advice re:Privacy, Telemetry, Decrapify: I build my own machines, but not often. This is my first build in almost 7 years, and my first AMD. I'm excited, but a little lost in the woods. Yesterday, after an install of IrfanView went awry somehow, Windows stole my file associations and made it difficult to get them...
  9. Complete newbie advice needed for win10 to go!

Complete newbie advice needed for win10 to go!: Hi guys please have paitence with me on the installation of Win10 on the go environment! I've been reading alot and have not yet put it into practice yet. Waiting for a USB3.0 Scandisk Extreme 32GB to be delivered I want to use on win10. I've collected loads of software...
  10. Newbie needs advice moving Win8.1 ==> Win10

Newbie needs advice moving Win8.1 ==> Win10: Hi I am new here. I need to update my laptop and my desktop, both of which are running Windows 8.1 Pro x64. On both computers there is quite a lot of software installed and Window 8.1 is quite old and running rather slowly... A) I should do a clean install ? If so...