Windows 10: Win10 1809 update was installed through Windows Update-advice needed

Discus and support Win10 1809 update was installed through Windows Update-advice needed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 1809 feature update was installed through Windows Update on the 2nd October on my laptop. Ive only just found out on here that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Win10 1809 update was installed through Windows Update-advice needed

Hi,
    Windows 10 1809 feature update was installed through Windows Update on the 2nd October on my laptop.
    Ive only just found out on here that Microsoft have since pulled the update because of problems. I don't appear to have lost any files during the update and haven't noticed any problems as such yet. Boot up on the other hand does seem slower. There may be other problems but I just haven't come across them yet.
    What should I do? Ive read that you can Roll Back to 1803 if its within 10 days though I don't know how reliable that method is. Is it done through Update and Security/Recovery and select Go back to a Previous Version?

Would it be recommended to Roll Back to 1803 and then wait for 1809 to come through Windows Update again when its fixed over the coming days?

:)

sportsfan148, Oct 8, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Toothless Win User

Win10 1809 update was installed through Windows Update-advice needed

Win10 updates

Which Windows updates in 8.1 where the gateway to installing Win10? I've ALWAYS had update as a "check but let me decide" basis however I woke up to this.

Win10 1809 update was installed through Windows Update-advice needed [​IMG]

With a bunch more (even AMD 7900 drivers, like wtf)

I'm trying to avoid the Win10 shitfest but good lord what has Microsoft done.

Toothless, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Win10 1809 update was installed through Windows Update-advice needed

1. Win10 1809 update was installed through Windows Update-advice needed - Similar Threads - Win10 1809 update

2. Win10 stuck on Shutdown? Need advice!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 stuck on Shutdown? Need advice!: I built my PC in January and never had any big problems. A couple of days ago, it just started to not shutdown anymore (To turn it off i have to use force-shutdown by pressing the button for a couple of seconds). For some reason it shut down normally earlier today, when i...
  3. Need advice keeping Windows Updater in the basement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need advice keeping Windows Updater in the basement: So, long story short, Windows 10 has dropped to malware status as far as I'm concerned, I've struggled with stopping it for months to almost no avail. I'm using a firewall to block wuauclt.exe as it's listed as Windows Update since even Registry edits didn't stop the...
  4. Need to Update Gifted Computer -- need advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to Update Gifted Computer -- need advice: First, I'm sort of a luddite when it comes to computers and especially Windows 10, so ELI5, please. I was gifted an older Dell Latitude computer with the following specs: Windows 10 Pro v. 1709 64-bit x64 i5 3210M 2.5 GHz processor 683 GB HDD - 135 GB free (I loaded a lot of...
  5. win10 pro 64x 1809, windows update does not connected to update through wu

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 pro 64x 1809, windows update does not connected to update through wu: When I select store or windows update to install either the selection jumps to another item or does nothing. I have ran sfc/scannow with no violations returned. Also checked windows activation slmgr /xpr and comes back with this pc is permanently active tied to my microsoft...
  6. update win10 1803 to 1809 using an install dvd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update win10 1803 to 1809 using an install dvd?: I have an activated win10 pro running but it has some problems. Can I update to 1809 using an install dvd with out losing my activation or my applications and files? 123173
  7. update win10 1803 to 1809 using an install dvd?

in Windows 10 Support
    update win10 1803 to 1809 using an install dvd?: I have an activated win10 pro running but it has some problems. Can I update to 1809 using an install dvd with out losing my activation or my applications and files? 123173
  8. installing update 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    installing update 1809: failed attempts when installing the 1809 update what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-update-1809/6425b987-7468-403c-8578-8270431d2957
  9. Windows update 1809 will not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 1809 will not install: I've been having a problem with my computer for the last couple of months where it will not restart. It takes 30 to 45 minutes for my computer to restart. It will cold start just fine. I can shut it down and start it again and it starts up no problem, but it will not do a...
  10. New Win10 install, need advice re:Privacy, Telemetry, Decrapify

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Win10 install, need advice re:Privacy, Telemetry, Decrapify: I build my own machines, but not often. This is my first build in almost 7 years, and my first AMD. I'm excited, but a little lost in the woods. Yesterday, after an install of IrfanView went awry somehow, Windows stole my file associations and made it difficult to get them...