Windows 10: Win10 1903 - eSATA device "Lian-Li EX-50" not working anymore, controller "silicon image...

Discus and support Win10 1903 - eSATA device "Lian-Li EX-50" not working anymore, controller "silicon image... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, since updating Win10 to that 1903 version, my external HDD-Case Lian Li EX-50 does not get recognized anymore. BG: With Win7 i never got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zombie_nation, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Win10 1903 - eSATA device "Lian-Li EX-50" not working anymore, controller "silicon image...

Hello,

since updating Win10 to that 1903 version, my external HDD-Case Lian Li EX-50 does not get recognized anymore.

BG: With Win7 i never got problems with the case, after installing the drivers the case got always recognized when i powered it on.

After switching to Win10 it was still working but only after opening the device manager and searching für new hw Win10 1903 - eSATA device "Lian-Li EX-50" not working anymore, controller "silicon image... :( which was already nerving.

Now, no connection anymore! Even the manual lagacy driver install does not lead to even finding the controller.

Ey Microsoft, how about geting that fixed, since may 19 nothing seemed to happen on that point?! Is Win10 still in BETA?

zombie_nation

:)

zombie_nation, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Sanhime Win User
    Sanhime, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Joel N. Win User
    eSATA device not recognized

I have a 2TB Samsung EcoGreen F4 Hard Drive ( SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 ST2000DL004 2TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - Newegg.com ) in an Antec MX-1 eSATA enclosure ( Antec MX-1 SATA USB2.0 & eSATA External Enclosure - Newegg.com ). This worked fine on this same system
    running Windows 7 Home Premium, but Windows 10 Home does not see the device either in Device Manager or Disk Manger or File Explorer. All of my movies, music, documents, etc. are on this drive. It works fine on any Windows 7 system I have access to, but
    not my current Windows 10 desktop. Also, the JMicron JMB363 eSATA controller on my MSI P55-GD80 motherboard ( Used - Very Good: MSI P55-GD80 LGA 1156 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com ) does not show in the list of Storage Controllers in Device Manager. There does
    not appear to be a Win10 driver available from JMicron as of yet, but this device has been around since 2009 and was recognized and installed automatically under Windows 7. Is there anyway to force this hardware to be recognized?

Joel N., Nov 2, 2019
  4. Win10 1903 - eSATA device "Lian-Li EX-50" not working anymore, controller "silicon image...

Weird problem with CardBus eSATA Laptop Controller Adapter Card (seen as Silicon Image SiI 3512 SATALink Controller in DevMgr on Win 10 64bit)

Hi,

I have a puzzling issue to solve. It happens on my Dell D630 laptop with PCMCIA Cardbus II slot only running the latest build of Windows 10 64 bit (e.g. version 1607 build 14393.51).

The issue pertains to the following PCMCIA eSata controller from Startech:

SATA Controller Cards | StarTech.com

The manufacturer does not officially support it on Win 10, but it is supported on Windows 7. And frankly, I believe it is the only Cardbus II controller on the market allowing for fast connection to external drive enclosure (the
    laptop does not have USB 3.0, nor it is possible to connect it). The only other option is, of course, USB 2.0, way slower than eSata.

From Dell D630 manual:

"The PC Card slot has one connector that supports a single Type I or Type II card. The PC Card slot supports CardBus technology and extended PC Cards."

And so, I need to make it work. When i plug it in, the windows driver for Silicon Image SiI 3512 SATALink Controller, version 1.2.15.3 loads, but shows the following error:

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

Uninstalling, rebooting, reloading the driver from windows update catalog does not fix the issue. The interesting part is that the same card works perfectly well on my other windows 10 64 bit laptop, same build, and I can use it
    there successfully. Has anybody come across a similar issue? I am puzzled...

JackTheMark, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Win10 1903 - eSATA device "Lian-Li EX-50" not working anymore, controller "silicon image...

1. Win10 1903 - eSATA device "Lian-Li EX-50" not working anymore, controller "silicon image... - Similar Threads - Win10 1903 eSATA

2. None of my controllers work anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    None of my controllers work anymore: Only my Xbox Series controller seems to work but only the sticks and the LT and RT buttons respond, the others don't work anymore. I don't know what to do anymore. submitted by /u/UnidentifiedFellow [link] [comments]...
  3. Controller not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller not working anymore: My Dualshock ps4 controller no longer works with my Asos laptop. It used to work on Fortnite and then something changed. I recently installed Warzone, and it didn't connect, and now it doesn't work on anything. It connects, but doesn't do anything. I have installed drivers...
  4. Win10-Mail can't add an image to signature anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10-Mail can't add an image to signature anymore: I reset Mail and can't add an image to emails anymore - as I used to before reset. What's going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-mail-cant-add-an-image-to-signature-anymore/77ce6657-d835-4926-9f3d-78fc9d2bcd9f
  5. Pro Controller Not Working With PC Anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pro Controller Not Working With PC Anymore: I normally play my PC games with the Switch Pro controller, but in the middle of playing a steam game my controller stopped working all together. My PC detects the pro controller in "Control Panel Devices" but in the actual "Game Controllers" configuration it does not show up...
  6. Sysprep not working anymore on Win10 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep not working anymore on Win10 2004: Recently ugpgraded from Windows 10 Professional 1909 to Windows 10 Professional 2004 and ever since I can't seem to run sysprep anymore. When I open the sysprep setuperror log files the following is shown: 2020-06-03 14:36:37, Error SYSPRP Package...
  7. Silicone image ATA 133 raaid controller not compatible with win 10 update

Silicone image ATA 133 raaid controller not compatible with win 10 update: Hello, Trying to upgrade to Win 10 and during the install process I get the message that the Silicone Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible with win 10. I am not very good with drivers and such but I tried updating the driver and it informs me that the software...
  8. Image Backup Fail Win10 1903

Image Backup Fail Win10 1903: Hello: I have HP Desktop i7 16GB 3TB HD. I Have updated to Win10 P64Bit and decided to back up full image. My hard is divided in C & D. C has Operation System and D has documentation. I am using 3TB USB backup drive. Never problem earlier. This time I suddenly see the...
  9. Windows 10 1903 not recognizing eSATA drives as removable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1903 not recognizing eSATA drives as removable: I've used eSATA drives with Windows 10 for years on two computers. After upgrading to 1903 the drives initialize fine but do not appear in the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" icon in the taskbar. In Disk Management clicking on the drive, selecting Properties,...
  10. win10 dosent work anymore !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 dosent work anymore !: Plz answer ! I used Minitool partition to increase the partition c space by taking some size from disk d and also increasing the size of system . I thought this would solve the problem of 100% disk in task manager and pressed on apply. The program started loading and then...