Windows 10: Win10 1903 Update and Zoom UAC-2 Audio Interface Issue

Discus and support Win10 1903 Update and Zoom UAC-2 Audio Interface Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I thought I'd just put in an update about the May 2019 1903 update. I ran the installation on both my laptop and my desktop. Everything went well for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by djrathbun, May 26, 2019.

1. djrathbun Win User

Win10 1903 Update and Zoom UAC-2 Audio Interface Issue

I thought I'd just put in an update about the May 2019 1903 update.

I ran the installation on both my laptop and my desktop. Everything went well for both computers except when I tried to watch a YouTube video on my desktop, I noticed my audio was gone. The computer had not recognized my USB 3.0 external audio interface the Zoom UAC-2 3.0 USB. When this has happened in the past, I've unplugged the USB cable, waited a few seconds and plugged it back in and it worked. This time it didn't.

So I plugged it into one of my other 3.0 USB ports. Nothing. I tried ALL of my USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports. Nothing. I tried rebooting the machine several times. Nothing. Then I plugged it into my USB 3.0 Hub (something you are NOT supposed to do with an external audio device) and it worked! While the computer was recognizing the Zoom, I unplugged the USB 3.0 cable and plugged it back into the original USB 3.0 port on the motherboard and it still worked.

I don't know what voodoo this is but is there a better way to get an update to re-initialize devices on USB ports?

:)

djrathbun, May 26, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Multichannel audio interface in/out routing

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of your external audio interface?
    • Which routing application are you using?

The configurations of inputs and outputs on any audio interface is dependent on the hardware and its supporting software. Any audio interface with more than 2 inputs and 2 outputs, should ideally give the user an option to map the
    Input and Output Config, according to his interest.

I suggest you to go through the user manual provided by your audio interface's manufacturer to know how to set up the control surface.

If it doesn't explain how to configure, I suggest you to get in touch with the audio interface's manufacturer to know how to configure the same.

Hope it answers.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 26, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 26, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

Win10 1903 Update and Zoom UAC-2 Audio Interface Issue 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 1903 Update and Zoom UAC-2 Audio Interface Issue - Similar Threads - Win10 1903 Update

2. Sound gone with Win10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound gone with Win10 1903 update: Recently updated to 1903 but failed to make sound work on my desktop. I have SB X-Fi Extreme. I had to go back to the previous version. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-gone-with-win10-1903-update/e4feda43-54fd-42a1-a412-a225ef93befd
  3. Issues with 1903 update

Issues with 1903 update: Hi all, I received the option to update to 1903 on settings today, and so I accepted it. However, after a while, it said it failed to update, so I tried restarting my laptop. After restarting, my laptop just showed a black flickering screen with the drive light flashing,...
  4. USB issue with win10 1903 update

USB issue with win10 1903 update: Hello --- With the drive letter issue with 1903 and usb drive --- would a solution to the issue be to "mount/graph" the usb drive and a sub-directory link?...
  5. Multichannel audio interface in/out routing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multichannel audio interface in/out routing: Hi I have an external professional audio interface with 18 IN / 18 OUT I would like to know how I can route/map any input to any output as now I can only route/map by pairs - IN1 together with IN2, IN3 together with IN4 and so on. For example I want to be able to map LEFT...
  6. OpenMultiple monitors zooming issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    OpenMultiple monitors zooming issues: I'm working on setting up my ultimate work/gaming station. I've got 3 monitors, one 1920 X 1080 in the center, to the right, another 1920 X 1080. Above the center one, I have a 3rd monitor, 1440 X 900. When I try to span a picture across all three, making an L shape, sort of,...
  7. Uac Window Problem in Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uac Window Problem in Win10: I got a problem that when i play any game or only open browser that the game or browser get out and when i click alt & tab to see what did that there is a window his name is services when i click on it didnt open and when i wait seconds i see something write in it Windows Uac...
  8. No audio after Win10 update

No audio after Win10 update: Today (10/11/18) both laptops in my household are now without audio. They are not linked in any way EXCEPT that they both had that automatic Win10 update. It's totally the fault of the update. I'll call Microsoft for a fix, and they better have a means to fix this. If I'm...
  9. Windows audio/ interface issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows audio/ interface issue: I use my pc as a DAW Studio. I have a Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB audio interface. It works very well with all things audio on my pc - until Friday. I installed Sonarworks room calibration software to finish flattening my room acoustics out. This explanation is lengthy...
  10. 2 Win10 comps running same progm, UAC popup on one but not other?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Win10 comps running same progm, UAC popup on one but not other?!: I have 2 desktops with 64-bit Windows 10 Home installed. On both computers, the UAC settings are the same -- the highest setting (always notify when apps try to install stuff or when I make changes). On both computers, I install the same program (FujiXerox Docuworks 8.05)...